Message Boards

Topic : Talk About the Show

Number of Replies: 782
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 05, 2008, 03:43:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Want to get something off your chest about the show? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Phil's advice to a guest? What topics would you like to see on an upcoming episode? Sound off here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 18, 2009, 1:56 pm CDT

fighting daughters

In regards to the mother who told her daughters to get out for fighting.  I think that the mother did the right thing.  I am sure she would never put her kids in real danger;  she was only going around the block.  The daughter that stayed standing where her mom left her shouldn't have been taken away from that area unless she was realy  abandoned. I believe that unless children are being abused in some way that people should mind their own business. 

May 21, 2009, 9:17 pm CDT

SEE YOU IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!

I am so happy that Dr Phil is coming to Australia!!!!!!!!!!!! and i am pleased to say i have just brought a front row ticket and a meet and greet!!!!!!! I am so glad that my dreams of seeing Dr Phil will come true and that my emails begging for him to come have worked!!!!

I am so excited !! Thanks Dr Phil for making my dreams come true and i am looking forward to meeting you.

NICOLE POTTER

May 25, 2009, 4:16 pm CDT

The show on May 25th.

This crap about all the foster home kids gettinbg a bad rap, is because a lot of good foster home parents have backed out, because of all the bull crap they had to go through to get there!

I know because I and My wife started to aply to be foster parents, and we just got fed up with all crap we had to go through! My step daughter was a foster parent for several years, but they chasted her away with all the crap they started to put her through! And my Aunt was a foster parent for many years,but the last child fixed it for her too, she was given this newborn to care for, and after six years, when she wanted to adopte it they took it away from her! SO THAT WAS IT FOR HER TOO!!!

May 26, 2009, 10:24 am CDT

Jon & Kate plus 8

Hi Dr. Phil!

I just watched the season premier of Jon & Kate plus 8 and if any family could use your help, it's this one.  For God's sake get in contact with these people and try to save this family!  Broken hearts, broken children, broken families is not my idea of entertainment, and Jon and Kate need to "get real" about their lives and step back and see if they can save their marriage.  The reality show has taken over their real lives and their are many little lives at stake.  Thanks so much!

May 26, 2009, 2:57 pm CDT

Davia's 'mother' and I use that term very loosely

I can't even believe how this woman is killing her child's spirit.  No parent is perfect, everyone has their struggles, but to call your child annoying and tell her that you will try to hug them even if it kills you?  Come on!  How selfish and cold-hearted are you?  Davia is a beautiful little girl who deserves so much more.  I wish I could take her in to my home and show her the love and patience that she deserves.  I think this woman is hopeless.

May 26, 2009, 3:01 pm CDT

Talk About the Show

Quote From: joseyludwiczak

The mother of child Davia should have that child taken away. I have never seen such crazy antics that she displays on the show. She has no interest in repairing the relationship she has with her daughter but to attempt to save face and make her child look like an idiot. I am sure the child is not perfect and has some issues to resolve but why wouldnt she with a mother like that. The child must feel as though her mother hates her. I become sick to my stomach when watching her speak to her daughter!
I agree 100%.  I have never seen a so called 'mother' be so heartless towards her child.  That kind of attitude should be considered child abuse.  She is mentally abusing her child everytime she calls her annoying, clingy, a bitch...  She's a little girl who deserves to be in a healthy home!

May 27, 2009, 3:52 pm CDT

Emotional Freedom Technique EFT

Dr. Phil:

I am sure that you have heard about EFT . It was started by Rogar Callahan and Gary Craig has refined it. His website emofree.com is an amazing wealth of knowledge. The topic today on fear is something that can easily be addressed by using it. It works by tapping on the meridans while say first saying a set up statement then following with sequence statements. It is such a helpful technique that I don't understand why more professional don't use it. Why not contact Gary at his website and do some shows on it. It could really be a big help to so many. There is also a movie out called Try it on Everything. You can get it and watch it. Just think you can really help  many people by doing a whole series on this technique. Getting everyone to tap would be helpful now considering what the world is going through right now. I am going to be looking for some shows on this.

May 29, 2009, 8:12 am CDT

People marry ; Gays are people

When the Religious groups say that the same definition of marriage has existed for 5000 years they are having selective memory. The Bible endorses multiple wives: David and Soloman had hundreds of wives. David was beloved by God so the idea of one man and one woman is relatively recent as an ideal or the norm. There was no equality between men and women for most of those 5000 years. A woman could not divorce a man because she, like his animals was property. A donkey could not divorce its owner.

The Bible gives standards for how slaves should be treated and kept which seem to endorse slavery. Would it really be a step forward to go back to that in our country? If you look only a little you will see how pervasive slavery still is in the world affecting mostly women and children. Spiritual texts frequently evolve toward more compassion and empathy, not less. Perhaps we should evolve too.

Ironically when Jesus came along and said you can’t divorce a woman he was being compassionate for the standards of the time. He was basically saying, “No you can’t throw away the mother of your children so you can get an keep a younger wife. The throwaway wife will have no recourse but prostitution for her livelihood.” Jesus knew the women of the time had no power to protect themselves from the laws of the time. No where is it addressed that a woman may not divorce a man for reasons already stated. In ancient spiritual texts there is often a progression in social thinking. In the story of Abraham and his son the issue of child sacrifice was being addressed and abolished. Later the story of the prodigal son shows even more mercy and compassion. Cultures change slowly in increments. Spiritual texts document this. Perhaps it is time for another leap into mercy and compassion. Ideally, marriage is between two people who love each other. I am not willing to argue about whether or not gays are people.

May 29, 2009, 4:08 pm CDT

Talk About the Show

I have no problem with a same sex union.  I just have a problem with it being called a MARRIAGE.  That should be between a man and a woman.  I would like to see someone come up with a different word. 

I sort of came up with one of my own, but don't see anything wrong with it.  Two males or two females  are  a pairs.  It's a pair of men and a pair of females.  Pairs are things that are the same, like shoes, socks, gloves. a pair of eye glasses.   So I have invented a word for same sex marriages.  Lets  call it PAIRRAGE.  seems like with all the hip hop and rap words there is always new words being made up.  I really think that the majority of people are not likeing the use of the word marriage.  Marriage has been, for hundreds and hundreds of years, for man and woman.  Why should that be changed now just because they want it to change for their benifit.  California gave them rights like a married person and they say that's all they want is the same rights.  The word is the biggest problem. 

May 29, 2009, 5:33 pm CDT

I hate what God hate and Love what God love

God says for us to hate what He hate and Love what He love.  I hate the sins and love the sinners.  Same sex marriage is a sin and I hate it and its not right, its not Biblical, and it's not moral.  God created male and female and states in His word that "When a man leaves his father and mother and take on a wife ( and a wife is a female) SHE becomes his family". He also states: "Man should not marry another man and a woman should not marry another woman".  Well, this is the LAW both biblical and the Law of the Land.  Gay and Lesbian is not a gift from God and He did not create them to be that way, that is a choice each individual makes of his own thinking or feeling.  Yes, Children (which we all are) are gifts from God and we are to train them up in the way of the Lord so they will know right from wrong and same sex marriage is wrong and not a choice God gave to anyone.  He abhor same sex marriage.  Being gay or a lesbian is just a state of confusion.  They dont know what they want as well as who they are.  How can you say you were born that way, you were given your genital from God and that alone tells you who or what gender you are and you are to marry the opposite of what you were given. Also, if God created you to be a confused being then you shouldn't marry a male if you are a female then divorce him and say you are a lesbian and now want to marry a woman and vice versa.  That is confusion.  That person is just confuse on what he or she want or like or who they are.  Insecureness with confusion brings on darkness.  So everyone that is saying or trying to live as a gay or lesbian being is in darkness and need to come into the light and the light is Jesus Christ who gave himself for us all.  I don't know what God they are serving but they are not serving the One and Only True and Living God that gave His only Begotten Son (Jesus) to the world for life eternal. They are serving their own god whoever or whatever that may be because the True and Living God will tell you that you are wrong with this same sex marriage issue. But if you don't know the One and Only True and Living God then you don't know that you are wrong cause you are living in darkness. 

Now, Dr Phil, I think you were not being fair, cause you didn't stop those that interrupted the black lady with the braids while she was trying to make her point  and neither did you go back to her to see or allow her to continue her point but you went back to the older male with gray hair who was the main one interrupting her from her opinion.  Of course, thats your show but I have never known you to be unfair but I believe you were unfair to her and you didn't allow too many of the opposing (against same sex marriage) side to even air their opinions.  Thank you for allowing us to voice our opinions.  I love your show and I love you.  You help alot of people, more than you will ever know.  God bless you and keep you in His perfect Peace. 

"Shalom" 

A Chosen Vessel of God, one of the few.

First | Prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | Next | Last