Message Boards

Topic : Talk About the Show

Number of Replies: 782
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 05, 2008, 03:43:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Want to get something off your chest about the show? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Phil's advice to a guest? What topics would you like to see on an upcoming episode? Sound off here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 31, 2009, 10:52 am CDT

Margo Reymundo

What a GREAT singer - downloaded the Between Us song - what a treat - turned on my friends on Facebook to her - Good going Dr Phil - she is amazing!

June 12, 2009, 1:53 pm CDT

The fighting couple from 6/12/09 episode

I don't understand why counselors, including Dr. Phil, seem afraid to identify the woman as the aggressor, or the attack dog.  Dr. Phil said both were attack dogs, but I'm not sure how he saw it that way.  Also, the simple, little things she asked for him to do will not be enough.  She's in the frame of mind to condemn everything he does.  Though she will ask and expect to be appeased she never will be because people who need to be appeased never are (e.g. Adolf Hitler).  This is how counselors get manipulated to become enablers. 

But since she's the woman, the counselor  - even Dr. Phil - will go along with it. 

I know men can manipulate too.  Men definitely have their natural pitfalls and many men are also control freaks.  But psychologists and counselors generally have no hesitation in pointing those instances out. 

June 17, 2009, 1:55 pm CDT

Hello Dr. Phil!

since you said "we do read your messeges" and i hope its true, here i am...

and im saying now- sorry about my english...im from Israel.

i just wanted to say that the show is great, BUT there is alot of problems that the show barely touch like-

depression, anxiety, the basic things the lead to- divorce (that subject is the main in dr phils show! why?) suicide... i think alot of people and mostly teens need to competing depression and need to see that kind of show.

keep up your good work!

Ariel

June 25, 2009, 8:38 am CDT

what?

hi  dr Phil !

I love you show and have watched almost every day snce the beginning. However, something you said today was very abrasive to my soul.

Are you seriously limiting God ?  You said, and I quote, "not even God can take it back"  Shame on you!  They found the bones of Muhammed, and all of the other so- called gods.  Jesus Christ's bones were neither broken nor found, and never will be.  He was ressurected and rose up to heaven on the third day.   So you are  limiting  the power of  God, the creator of the universe, the maker of heaven and earth?  The one who holds this world together when "scientists'  cannot explain why. 

Please Read John 11:38-44 whn Jesus raised his friend, Lazarus, who had been in the tomb 4 days.  Thumb over to Mark 5: 35-42 when he raised a dead 12 yr old girl.  Then please read Luke 7:11-15 when Jesus raised the dead only son of the widow of Nain during his funeral procession.  And Matthew 24:10-12- 'and then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another..  Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.  And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.  - about the end of times   Sound familiar?

I respect your knowledge and that you help many people, but I gotta tell ya, I am so sorry you lack this faith in Jesus' ability and power.  He can do any thing He wants but chooses not to for reasons we mere humans cannot comprehend.  He loves us all and has our best interests at heart.

I have multiple sclerosis and have been through alot.  GIVING UP MY NURSING CAREER HAS BEEN AMONG THE HARDEST, but i know He has my back through it all and it is well with my soul. 

I pray for you, your family, the guests on the show, our nation, and b.hussein obama.

sincerely, rebecca, r.n.

June 30, 2009, 10:02 am CDT

HI Dear Shalom"

Quote From: chosenone3

God says for us to hate what He hate and Love what He love.  I hate the sins and love the sinners.  Same sex marriage is a sin and I hate it and its not right, its not Biblical, and it's not moral.  God created male and female and states in His word that "When a man leaves his father and mother and take on a wife ( and a wife is a female) SHE becomes his family". He also states: "Man should not marry another man and a woman should not marry another woman".  Well, this is the LAW both biblical and the Law of the Land.  Gay and Lesbian is not a gift from God and He did not create them to be that way, that is a choice each individual makes of his own thinking or feeling.  Yes, Children (which we all are) are gifts from God and we are to train them up in the way of the Lord so they will know right from wrong and same sex marriage is wrong and not a choice God gave to anyone.  He abhor same sex marriage.  Being gay or a lesbian is just a state of confusion.  They dont know what they want as well as who they are.  How can you say you were born that way, you were given your genital from God and that alone tells you who or what gender you are and you are to marry the opposite of what you were given. Also, if God created you to be a confused being then you shouldn't marry a male if you are a female then divorce him and say you are a lesbian and now want to marry a woman and vice versa.  That is confusion.  That person is just confuse on what he or she want or like or who they are.  Insecureness with confusion brings on darkness.  So everyone that is saying or trying to live as a gay or lesbian being is in darkness and need to come into the light and the light is Jesus Christ who gave himself for us all.  I don't know what God they are serving but they are not serving the One and Only True and Living God that gave His only Begotten Son (Jesus) to the world for life eternal. They are serving their own god whoever or whatever that may be because the True and Living God will tell you that you are wrong with this same sex marriage issue. But if you don't know the One and Only True and Living God then you don't know that you are wrong cause you are living in darkness. 

Now, Dr Phil, I think you were not being fair, cause you didn't stop those that interrupted the black lady with the braids while she was trying to make her point  and neither did you go back to her to see or allow her to continue her point but you went back to the older male with gray hair who was the main one interrupting her from her opinion.  Of course, thats your show but I have never known you to be unfair but I believe you were unfair to her and you didn't allow too many of the opposing (against same sex marriage) side to even air their opinions.  Thank you for allowing us to voice our opinions.  I love your show and I love you.  You help alot of people, more than you will ever know.  God bless you and keep you in His perfect Peace. 

"Shalom" 

A Chosen Vessel of God, one of the few.

Do you want to know  Happiness ... Success in your life .. New life .. Password  (( the Koran )) is the Word of God, and after reading I want you to tell me what I felt it  and  do you  got answers

I guarantee you the answers in this book revealed by God

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

http://www.islamqa.com/en

http://islamworld.net/

http://www.ipc-kw.net/

I hope you find all fun and Be useful  for all

June 30, 2009, 12:57 pm CDT

Talk About the Show

Quote From: deemth99998888

Do you want to know  Happiness ... Success in your life .. New life .. Password  (( the Koran )) is the Word of God, and after reading I want you to tell me what I felt it  and  do you  got answers

I guarantee you the answers in this book revealed by God

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

http://www.islamqa.com/en

http://islamworld.net/

http://www.ipc-kw.net/

I hope you find all fun and Be useful  for all

my brother     chosenone3

I do not know many English   ...if be there  misspellings In some of the words  ..Regret very 

June 30, 2009, 1:35 pm CDT

Talk About the Show

would like to thank the dear brother,(( Dr. Phil)) 

I wish to him  success always in your life and your program and every thing he is doing

I call on God to gives him all he want    because you deserve everything 

When people come  crying and you trying to help them all   you  can

I say this man deserves to love

I hope   know a lot of the English language so that I can communicate

Thank to all .. for the presentation of my letters all 

July 6, 2009, 4:10 pm CDT

Teen Pregency July 6,2009

Doctor Phil:

I am very grateful for you show  on Teen Pregnancy  with a' functional family'.  The twist in this  episode  from my point of view is  we are dealing with a teenager with no ' social or dysfunctional' health problems.

We are dealing  with a teen with functional parents,  a nice home,  a good foundation , an open no  This episode shared the feelings  that we deal with everyday in a household with teens that honestly know and understand the risk that are involved in having unprotected sex; but  don't believe the reality of the consequences.  My daughter is 17 denied to me, and the doctor of having  unprotected sex, until she contracted a STD,  then it became real to her. My niece confessed to having unprotected sex and then we needed to deal with a hysterical pregnancy due to stress.

We understand it is human nature to want to have sex.  But we are no longer in the dark ages.  Everything you want to know about sex is out in all forms of literature, telecommunications, and just the media as a whole.

So my  question is still WHY?  My child and niece both said it was not on purpose  or peer  pressure.

'Just don't know why?  Same as the young lady on the show , she did not know 'why'?    But there was one thing she did mention about her rights to do what she would like  with her body. 

I do believe that teenagers get their rights confused with their choices.  Therefore, most  teens act upon their right to do, rather than chose to do .

Excellent Show!!!    We normal family need to watch!!!!!   Also GREAT timing while some teens are out of school.     Thank You Dr. Phil

July 6, 2009, 5:02 pm CDT

Teen pregnancy show

Surprised at the fact that in 2009 there are still teenagers out there that just don't get it!!!!! Far from being pregnant you can die from these kinda choices! Sounds like the child in today's show was very well informed & chose to disobey her parents leading on no sex before marriage!! I'm convinced as a parent whose daughter had a baby @ 19 that informed deceisions are the best ones. If being taught that sex before marriage is wrong and at whatever age you deceicde to have sex and not be married and you get pregnant you at that age become a single parent! In our house there aren't very many options if you have sex, get pregnant, you're a parent THAT'S IT!!!! Our daughter made the same choices as this child and had the same result to an extent!! Very well informed she had sex got pregnant, got sick, had a premature baby who from complications of pregnacy was borm with Ceribal Palsy with sever to profound hearing loss. You don't always come out with a healthty baby with no issues or health problems. We love our baby as much as any grandparent loves a grandchild & more than that we believe and live our lives believing he will walk and have a normal life, but girls EVERYWHERE need to know it can go awry!! Because our grandson was born with special needs by no means has changed nothing that she was raised being taught, my youngest son is 17 & she is raising her own son! Do we help by all means yes we do, but the day to day mama grind is hers! He goes to school so before school she gets up and gets him ready, puts him on the bus, works an 8 hr a day job and comes home and is mommy!!! I accompany her to therapy appointments & our every other week hour and a half trip to hearing therapy, but the daily grind is hers. If she's sick, well, tired whatever first and for most she's his mother!! We taught them all that sex before marriage is a sin in Gods eyes, and that you live outta the choices you make. A moment of pleasure with a lifetime of consequences!!! She still lives at home and we do as much as I would do if she wasn't! I am not the babysitter only for work or Dr appointments, none of that going out with the girls, no dates no nothing that he can't do!!! Because of his needs there are only a few people who can care for him so there is none of that my friend is going to babysit! In here you chose it you deal with it! I told them all I don't care in what order you deciede to do it but I'm not taking tare of your spouse or your baby!!!!! Make children live out of there choices is it tough watching her have to do it? Yes it is, but if I had not done what I promised I would do then to her I would have been a liar.
We've tried to raise all of our children to have your own personal relationship with God, live the word of God, practice the word of God, be the word of God to everybody you know & in the word of God there are consequences to sin!!! I'm not an insensitve, hardhearted task master we know how hard it was to raise them and they should know how hard it is to raise children to be responsible, God fearing & loving people responsible to more than just you & you're ideas! We love our children and always want whats best for them and there is nothing we wouldn't do for them with in our reach. But should you choose another way outside of the will of God for you, you make it a tough row to hoe!!!!

July 6, 2009, 5:34 pm CDT

choices that effect our children

I'd like to share my story with Brittney.

I Gave my second daughter up for adoption.

I could not care for her the way I wanted  and needed to. You must know this decision stays with you, you think about that child every day you hope and pray that thay have the things and oppertunitys that you could not provide.

I resently got a call from my daughter now named Kim, and all of my hopes and prays were answered. She had a good life with loving parents a stable home, she is in Collage studing to be a vet, and most important she has found what makes her happy in life.

She came to Florida to meet us in june, It was truly a joy to meet her and get the oppertunity to  know her.

Make this decision with the best intrest of the child and all will be Ok

First | Prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | Next | Last