Message Boards

Topic : Talk About the Show

Number of Replies: 782
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 05, 2008, 03:43:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Want to get something off your chest about the show? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Phil's advice to a guest? What topics would you like to see on an upcoming episode? Sound off here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 6, 2009, 6:21 pm CDT

Teen's pregnancy

I am a 37 yr old Mother of three, 21yrs old son 18 yrs old daughter and 14 yrs old son.  I became a mother at 16 yrs. 11 months and 27 days old, and I just watched myself on the Dr. Phil show.  I wasn't as lucky as Brittany, my mom and dad decided that if I was old enough to make the decision to have my son then I was old enough to be on my own.  I had all the same feelings as Brittany and acted out the same and the decision I made changed my life forever.  Do I have regrets yes some do my children mean the world to me yes would if I had the chance do it differently absolutely.  I feel for Brittany but she needs to be less selfish and realize there is a life at stake here and her decision has an incredible impact on alot of people but the most impact will be on that child.  My kids probably suffered more than they should have and that  will always be with me.  I have 3 great loving caring smart (smarter than me none have kids or any in the wings) kids who with A LOT of  commitment and giving up a pretty much my high school and college yrs and sacrifice they may end up to be ok.   I hope Brittany makes the right decision, she is the only one who has to live it.  No matter which she chooses whether terminating ( i too couldnt do it) adoption (this is where I was selfish) or keeping him or her because it is life changing more than she could ever imagine.

Good Luck Brittany

July 10, 2009, 1:49 pm CDT

Homeschooling is not bad

I am disappointed with some of Dr. Phil's comments about homeschooling on today's show.  The mom on the show was homeschooling her children in order to keep them away from germs.  I agree that this is not the best reason to homeschool, but he indicated that homeschooling is a bad choice and that children who are homeschooled are not educated properly, get behind day after day, and are socially immature.  That is not always the case!  I listened carefully to his comments, and he should have stated that this is not always true.  There are many families, ours included, who homeschool and have very well educated and socially mature, adequately adjusted children.  Dr. Phil usually specifies that the current situation he is addressing is not always the norm.  I wonder why he did not choose to do this with homeschooling.  Again, I am disappointed.

July 11, 2009, 8:27 am CDT

Adoption

As the mother of 2 adopted daughters I was thrilled to find out that the young girl on your show decided to place the child for adoption. The woman that appeared and discussed with her the fact that she had placed her child in an adoption plan was correct in her saying "I didn't give my child up or away" she is right. She made a wonderful loving decision to place that child in a home with parents that were not only ready but wanting to parent. My girls are now almost 15 and months away from 18 and it has been the greatest gift I have ever received and have been very blessed. I have spent many days through the years (their birthdays, mother's day etc...) wondering where their birthmothers are. How they are feeling and I have raised my girls with the knowledge that some where in the world there is a woman that loved them so much that she allowed them to be here with me. I have made my position very clear from day one. That is that any information I have about their circumstances and birth families is their's to have. I made sure that I kept copies of every document so that they can have them. I would do anything no matter what to help them in whatever they feel they need to do. If they choose someday to seek out these women I have no issues and would give them all my knowledge and assistance in finding them. I have taught them that they must first respect these women and their privacy and be prepared for the possibility that she will not be open to being found. I have always recognized the birthmother's role in my girls lives. They gave them things I couldn't the color of their skin, eyes, the pitch of their voice, even their God given natural born talents. Yet I have given them things she couldn't a home,  food, education, medical attention etc... We BOTH have a special role and part in their lives. But their is one thing that we both have given them equally and that is our love. She loved them so much that she made a plan to give them what she couldn't and to take on the burden and suffering of grief, rather than to watch them have to suffer through life. She will forever have my respect, admiration, and heart. No  matter what Brittney does in the end I hope that she is truly considering that child's needs, feelings, and future not just her own. Most of all my heart aches for Brittney's parents. I can only imagine if one of my girls were to announce they were pregnant at 15. I can't imagine not being around to watch my grandchild grow up, yet I have no desire to raise them. I would support my girls in whatever choice they make. I just feel that we are living in a world where more and more everyday you are seeing grandparents raising grandchildren out of obligation while these young parents finish growing up themselves. We as a society have made it too easy for young teens to do whatever they want and then expect the rest of the world to pay the price for their decisions. I don't want to see it go back in time to the point that choices are taken away from women at any age, but I certainly don't believe that allowing kids to do whatever they want without having to step up to the consequences themselves.  

July 23, 2009, 4:18 pm CDT

agree no always

Dr Phil, I love your show and watched you when you would appear on Ophar and read your books..

at times I do no agree with the advice you give your guest.  yes young girls make mistakes.. as a Mother of a young girl who got pregent at the age of 16 yes.. I thought she would drop out of school .. My daughter to day is 24 and he son is 7..

am very proud of her I never turned my back on her or forced her to give her baby up.. we sat and talked about it.. and am happy to know she is a wonderful mother.

at times not even Dr's offer the best adivce..

July 30, 2009, 1:33 pm CDT

Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil I think your show is really great and I think you and Robin are wonderful people

for the things you do for guests on your show.  Like today's classic you gave that woman

so much and I know she really appreciated it, I know I would.  I watch your show Monday thru

Friday every week and today I decided to get on your website.  When I watch your show I often

make comments like you tell'em Dr. Phil.  I don't think I have ever disagreed with anything you

tell your guests.  I love you Dr. Phil and Robin

July 31, 2009, 9:09 am CDT

Why so anti marijuana?

Hey dr. Phil! I always enjoy watching your show but I am always frustrated when you talk about marijuana. I believe that marijuana isn't a huge problem, many researches have shown that Alcohol is worse. Now, I do agree that both aren't healthy. You always argue about it being illegal - like that's why it is bad. We all break laws, I sometimes speed for example (not by much, but then, who doesn't). If something is illegal, it doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing.

I believe that if America tolerates weed like they do here in The Netherlands, a lot less drug/gang wars would occur, people that want to buy weed don't have to go to a drugdealer that can introduce them to harder drugs. If you see the statistics over here on what percentage of people use harddrugs compared to America, you'd be shocked! We must be doing something right, correct?

The main thing that people just forget is that marijuana (which isn't physically addictive) should be respected and used in moderation, just like alcohol. Marijuana has no recorded fatalities. The lethal dose of marijuana is at least one-third your body weight, consumed in fifteen minutes. All drugs are bad for your health and development of the brain. But you always make marijuana look so dark and evil. Do yoi ever drink a beer? I'm not saying that I don't, but marijuana is proven to be healthier than alcohol and people do not get aggresive after using marijuana. Alcohol on the other hand can (quite a high procentage even).

I smoke a joint every few days, and I have friends that smoke 1 or 2 joints a day after work, all who have serious well paid jobs. Does it affect how they work? No. Are they aggresive? They are the kindest people I know, help anyone even if they don't know them. They respect the drug, just like you should with alcohol. America just gets the wrong view and feeling about the drug. Some people just have a weak point for (mental) addiction, it's a fact. But it's good to allow people to buy a relatively harmless drug in a safe place where they can get good education about what they are using.

I would like to see your views & defence on this (if any).

Kind regards,

Sam Granger, The Netherlands

August 3, 2009, 1:08 pm CDT

Great Show

Good to be able to see your show in the UK, you and Robin make a great team

August 5, 2009, 1:15 pm CDT

CJ and her drug problem

I watched  the CJ show today here in the Netherlands so maybe this was aired in the USA long time ago. For once I disagree with Dr Phil. I dont know why nobody noticed the hatred in the brother's eyes. Her parents are not really that worried about their daughter's problem. Its the shame she has caused them that they care about. CJ is then going to rehab for all the wrong reasons!!!! To please her family. She has harmed herself-- drugs and illicit sex which is potentially dangerous in these days of AIDS. Dr Phil, its for her own sake that she needs rehab. She is young, beautiful with a great future. Her taking drugs does not prevent her brother or parents from having a job but she cant have one herself!!!! Who is the looser here??

August 18, 2009, 10:33 am CDT

Music On Commercial?

Does anyone know the name of the song used on the Dr. Phil commericial saying that the show is moving to Fox WTTG (in the northern Virginia/DC area) in September?

August 21, 2009, 2:48 am CDT

Talk About the Show

I was just wondering if you guys knew Dr. Phil worked for the Georgian military during the recent Georgia/Russia conflict?

First | Prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | Next | Last