Message Boards

Topic : Talk About the Show

Number of Replies: 782
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 05, 2008, 03:43:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Want to get something off your chest about the show? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Phil's advice to a guest? What topics would you like to see on an upcoming episode? Sound off here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 9, 2008, 6:04 pm CDT

No remorse

Quote From: avillasana06

I agree with your major points here. Also, how can we say she is a "victim" and that these photos DO NOT represent the type of person she? Then go on to say later that the "jail bird photo" shows what type of person the drunk driver is. Please understand, I do believe people make mistakes, Ms. Washington should have just said that it was a mistake and apologize. I DO NOT agree with the drunk driver, he deserves to be put away for his mistake, remorse or not. The word choice here is really contradictory!

Yes, that would have looked much better on her part if she would of just said "I'm sorry."  No remorse there for her behavior.  I am a bail bond agent, and a female at that, so I believe in second chances. Not for those like her who thinks everything is ok if we justify it with stupid excuses.  SHE WAS NOT VICTIMIZED!  I'm thankful for people like that who show us what kind of people our role models are "supposed" to be by putting her on the internet and showing us who she can be.  She has a reputation to uphold.  Think about all of the young girls who look up to people like that.  Dr. Phil, you are a celebrity, you know you have to watch everything you say and do or the media will take it and run with it.  All I have to say is, she just threw a great opportunity out the window!

September 9, 2008, 7:27 pm CDT

Facebook Access

How does a potential employer gain access to a person's profile on Facebook? Don't you need to be "invited to be a friend?"

September 9, 2008, 8:46 pm CDT

It's okay

Quote From: mufasa111

Hello, i enjoy watching Dr. Phil quite a bit but i thought the first episode this season disappointed me. I think dr. phil and robin talked a little too long about their relationship and that they aren't getting a divorice which didn't seem right to me. it was about 15 minutes of them talking about their relationship and it seemed a little over the top in my opinion but no worries just feedback.
Oh, I think it was okay, nice to see a little of the personal relationship on the show.  It fits with what appears to be the theme of the season.   I do believe that they've done enough to put the tabloid rumors to rest for the season, though.  Any more and it would just encourage the tabloids to make up more outrageous stories.

September 10, 2008, 11:07 am CDT

Dear Dr. Phil,

I love the new web pages and your new look for the show.  Every year it gets better and better!

My goodness me and SEA aka yesyoucan aka Pixie aka Recycle momma from Dallas, TX have been posting on the depression board since 2004!  Helping others etc.

Everything just keeps getting better and better!

My only suggestion is  you always "TALK" about your website  why not some-how incorporate actual posters and  or actual messages posted?  Maybe You DR Phil can give your comments the good the bad and the ugly to people who come and share on YOUR message boards?

How about also giving us some sort of badge of honor like for someone first signing on would be called new-member,

500 posts the person can be called Jr. member

800 posts senior member..

I don't know whatever names you would choose!  Over 1000 gold member  I am just making up those names but I am sure you can think of better names than me!

Love ya Dr Phil  GREAT LUCK and win those EMMY's in SEASON 7!~

xox

S

September 10, 2008, 2:10 pm CDT

Neighbors fighting

I have always enjoyed watching your show when I am home.  However, the show for today (9/10/08) did not interest me at all.  I realize that you have to have a variety of topics, and you do intvestigate all letters received. 

As I said, you have your topics and investigation for your shows, but I thought that I would let you know that the one between the 2 neighbors fighting and talking at the same time, and not listening, was not interesting to me.

Hopefully, all other topics you discuss will be more interesting.  This world already has too much fighting, etc., for me to watch.

Thank you.

September 10, 2008, 3:15 pm CDT

New Music

Just wanted to express my opinion about your new Theme Song.

Sorry, but I don't like it and I can't understand most of the words anyway.

I would rather just have music and NO singing.

Other than that, I LOVE YOUR SHOW!!

Many Blessings to you and yours,

Jacqueline Giles

September 10, 2008, 3:25 pm CDT

Talk About the Show

Quote From: lgpoodle

How does a potential employer gain access to a person's profile on Facebook? Don't you need to be "invited to be a friend?"

I am ALSO Wondering the Same thing with MySpace.com.

How can they find you if you don't register with your real name etc ???

Thanks!

September 11, 2008, 7:32 am CDT

Talk About the Show

It is DEARBORN Michigan not Deerborn

September 11, 2008, 1:18 pm CDT

our children

Dear Dr Phil

hello, from north of the boarder in Muskoka.  Been a fan of the show since 2002, have had a nagging question on childrens vitamins.  I was raised to never associate medicines with candy, I see know on our drug stores that childrens vitamins come in gummies, lolly pops which includes cough syrups.  Example Flintstone vitamins.  Am I wrong about this? Are we giving our grandchildren the wrong message?

Thanks for your advise

Karebear1060

September 11, 2008, 1:41 pm CDT

How To Use the Message Boards

Quote From: labelfree

I love the new web pages and your new look for the show.  Every year it gets better and better!

My goodness me and SEA aka yesyoucan aka Pixie aka Recycle momma from Dallas, TX have been posting on the depression board since 2004!  Helping others etc.

Everything just keeps getting better and better!

My only suggestion is  you always "TALK" about your website  why not some-how incorporate actual posters and  or actual messages posted?  Maybe You DR Phil can give your comments the good the bad and the ugly to people who come and share on YOUR message boards?

How about also giving us some sort of badge of honor like for someone first signing on would be called new-member,

500 posts the person can be called Jr. member

800 posts senior member..

I don't know whatever names you would choose!  Over 1000 gold member  I am just making up those names but I am sure you can think of better names than me!

Love ya Dr Phil  GREAT LUCK and win those EMMY's in SEASON 7!

xox

S

Dr. Phil - I have been an advid fan for all the years you have been with Oprah and your own show.  I am a 67 year old female who was widowed twice and has now remarried.  I want to learn how to get on your message boards so I can get help to lose weight and find how to be less stressed and find happiness with my marriage.  I can't figure this out and everytime I try to go somewhere else on your program I come to deadends.  I would appreciate it if you could help we older people on how we can get into your message boards and meet with other people in our situations.  I am really frustrated.  I got involved with a great support group on line when my late husband was ill for 18 years and still talk with some of them but I have moved on and want to find others who are interested in my other interests.  Thanks-  Sincerely a frustrated Lancaster, PA listener. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last