Message Boards

Topic : Talk About the Show

Number of Replies: 782
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 05, 2008, 03:43:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Want to get something off your chest about the show? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Phil's advice to a guest? What topics would you like to see on an upcoming episode? Sound off here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 25, 2009, 4:57 pm CDT

GET OFF MY BACK SHOW

I completely understand Tia on today's show, in fact I am guilty of the same thing. I always push my son to reach for the stars, and like her son brought home straight A's. however I do think at some point and time you need to sit back and evaluate/reaccess if your teachings have been instilled. Give them some rope, they may surprise you and push themselves. What opened my eyes was one day my son, then a 6th grader brought home a 98 on a test. I have a pet peeve with careless errors so I asked what happened to the other 2 points?? He started to cry. It broke my heart. Needless to say I then sat him down and explained you did great. NO one gets 100 all the time. Just remember to review your test before you submit them. I never said another word about his grades, and he continues to bring home, not straight A's but nothing less than 85, usually consisting of 3 A's and 1 B- considering he plays at least 2 sports concurrently, I'm happy. He has a 3.7 GPA and is getting a full ride to a 4 year university, apiring to go to VET School. So I wouldn't say back off completely, because those lessons are important, but just ease up a litlle bit and see if what you've spent years instilling has taken root. You have to give children room to grow into their own person and have FAITH in your teachings!!!

September 2, 2009, 10:03 am CDT

Time change

Dear Dr. Phil,

I just love your show. but!! now that they change the time from 5p.m. to 7p.m. I never get the chance to see  the show. will you be staying in this time slot?

First | Prev | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | Next Page | Last Page