Message Boards

Topic : Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, September 08, 2008, 04:46:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
DrPhil.com has been given a facelift! Do you like our new look, or do you miss some of the old features? Speak your mind.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 24, 2009, 1:14 pm CDT

Advertisement at top of page

Is it the way I have my PC setup or what. Doesn't anyone else have problems with the AD banner that covers up the top of the pull down menus?

April 25, 2009, 2:26 pm CDT

Thank you

Just a thank you to Dr. Phil, who through his shows on self worth, making  a decision whether or not to stay in a marriage helped me break out of years of mental,verbal abuse and depression.  I took what I learned and through thel love and help of friends and family took a leap and for the frst time in a long time I am happy.

Thank you for all you do.

mary

May 11, 2009, 3:34 pm CDT

following through with kids

I have a 9 year old son, and 2 step children ages 12, & 15. My step son is the 12 year old. I have stopped at the side of the road, & told him if he said one more word I was going to physicaly through him out of our van. I honestly would have. He has turned me in to child abuse, Because I would not alow him to physicaly punch me in the face. I feel the woman who followed through was RIGHT in my book. My step son as gotten to the point where he is uncontrolable. If you don't let him have his own way about everything he calls child abuse. I already suffer from depresion. I am at my wits end. If that mother deals with what I deal with on a daily basis then good for her. I bet the next time she says stop or else ... her girls stop & thinks twice befor ther continue.

May 20, 2009, 6:15 pm CDT

Working mothers

Dear Dr Phil,

I have heard you mention numerous times that a stay at home mom works an equivalent of two full time jobs. I would like to know your opinion of how many full time equivalent jobs a women is working when she works outside the home and provides her children with all their needs full time as well.

Thanks

Debbie

May 29, 2009, 7:57 pm CDT

Ultimate weight loss

I would love to be able to excercise and lose the weight I have, but I have degenerative bone disease in my hips and cannot walk for very long before my legs start hurting. Going to the grocery store has to be shortened because of the pain. What can I do to excercise without the pain in my hips?

June 2, 2009, 11:57 pm CDT

SAME SEX MARRAGE

MARRIAGE IS A CHRISTIAN INSTITUTION THAT IS AT THE VERY FOUNDATION OF CHRISTIAN BELIEF.  IT IS A COVENANT WITH GOD BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN THAT IS ALL ABOUT THE PURITY OF THE OFFSPRING, THE FIRSTBORN MALE OF THE HEBREWS BEING DEDICATED TO GOD. (AN ILLUSITION TO JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF.  EVEN A LIGHT WEIGHT STUDENT OF THE BIBLE, LIKE MYSELF COULD GO ON AND ON QUOTING SCRIPTURE  POINTING OUT MUCH MORE EVEDIENCE AS TO THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE IN THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH.   I KIND OF BELIEVE THAT IT IS BECAUSE MARRIAGE IS SO SACRED TO THE CHURCH, THAT THAT  IS THE VERY REASON IT IS SO UNDER ATTACK BY THE SECULAR COMMUNITY.   FROM A LEGAL POINT OF VIEW, EVEN A MALE AND FEMALE ARE NOT "MARRIED" WHEN THEY GO TO THE JUDGE. THEY HAVE SIMPLY CREATED A "CIVIL UNION".  ONLY THE CHURCH, IN COVENANT WITH GOD CAN CREATE A MARRIAGE.  

June 20, 2009, 11:23 am CDT

Help Jon and Kate

Dr Phil, This isn't in regard to one of your shows, but I'm hoping you can help.  I'm heart broken about what has happened to the beautiful Gosselin family.  the media is destroying a marriage, and a family.  How sad that  this poor family can't go out of the safety of their home without  scum photographers photoing their every move, the press slamming every move they make, turning what should be innocent social time into something seedy and immoral. A night out for a breath of air with eight children should not have to be tabloid front page fodder.    I googled "Jon and Kate" today, The prediction to sell more of their trash is that , a "DIVORCE announcement is coming soon."  "Kate has seen an attorney and seperation is immenent."  What ever happened to privacy?  Who the hell thinks they have the right to smear a marriage and cause emotional trauma that may never heal to 8 young, innocent children to make a buck? 

Until people stop buying these rag publications, then people like Jon and Kate will never be able to lead normal lives.  I think these trashy publications ought to be used to line litter boxes and nothing more. 

How sad, that in order to chronicle the lives of their children as they grow up, their personal lives have been so invaded that it has cost them their marriage.  I think their plan to forever chronicle the lives of their children was wonderful.  To have on video tape every moment of your children as they grow is a cherished historical treasure. Who ever knew that their plan  would end up like this? I'm sure they didn't.

Can you help Dr Phil?  I firmly believe a marriage isn't over until everything is done to save it.  If it means that TV contracts need to be broken, so be it.  This family is too beautiful, the personal pain is visible in the eyes of Jon and Kate.  Can you offer to help them?  Can you encourage the public with your power to stop buying  trashy tabloids?  How very tragic that we as a people have to satisfy some perverse need to be in the lives of others for some sick thrill.  A family is at sake here.  It's too much to lose.

To Jon and Kate, your lives, your children, the family you have created out of the love you have for each other isn't worth any television program.  I think you should terminate your television contract, go somewhere where you can put your lives back together and find the love that brought you together to begin with.  I hope you can find a way to find the love, hopes and dreams that were meant to be.

June 22, 2009, 3:49 pm CDT

My sister needs help

Dear doctor Phil, I know that you get thousands of letters daily, I just hope you read this one.  Yesterday was Fathers Day and my sisters husband decides to attempt suicide in front of his children.  He took a whole bottle of AmbienCR with a beer.  He was already drinking when he decided to do this.  Then the state of Arizona sends him home with more medication.  I am so worried, because my 1st marriage was just like that.  My husband had a serious drug problem.  It then turned to violence against me, if he couldn't find drugs.  After attempted marriage counciling he chose meth over me.  Dr. Phil I am seeing the same pattern forming in my sisters marriage.  She has 5 children, and they are so scared to death of him right now.  He's called one of my nieces a slut, he has told my sister hes going to kill her and the kids.  I've spent the last 24 hours trying to find a way to protect them, but the state of Arizona tells me that unless he hurts someone there's nothing they can do.  I would think that taking pills in front of your kids would be considered some form of child abuse.  PLEASE DR. PHIL HELP ME FIND A WAY TO PROECT HER.

Thanks

Cindy Peel

June 23, 2009, 8:31 am CDT

Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

Quote From: suzymcmont

Dr Phil, This isn't in regard to one of your shows, but I'm hoping you can help.  I'm heart broken about what has happened to the beautiful Gosselin family.  the media is destroying a marriage, and a family.  How sad that  this poor family can't go out of the safety of their home without  scum photographers photoing their every move, the press slamming every move they make, turning what should be innocent social time into something seedy and immoral. A night out for a breath of air with eight children should not have to be tabloid front page fodder.    I googled "Jon and Kate" today, The prediction to sell more of their trash is that , a "DIVORCE announcement is coming soon."  "Kate has seen an attorney and seperation is immenent."  What ever happened to privacy?  Who the hell thinks they have the right to smear a marriage and cause emotional trauma that may never heal to 8 young, innocent children to make a buck? 

Until people stop buying these rag publications, then people like Jon and Kate will never be able to lead normal lives.  I think these trashy publications ought to be used to line litter boxes and nothing more. 

How sad, that in order to chronicle the lives of their children as they grow up, their personal lives have been so invaded that it has cost them their marriage.  I think their plan to forever chronicle the lives of their children was wonderful.  To have on video tape every moment of your children as they grow is a cherished historical treasure. Who ever knew that their plan  would end up like this? I'm sure they didn't.

Can you help Dr Phil?  I firmly believe a marriage isn't over until everything is done to save it.  If it means that TV contracts need to be broken, so be it.  This family is too beautiful, the personal pain is visible in the eyes of Jon and Kate.  Can you offer to help them?  Can you encourage the public with your power to stop buying  trashy tabloids?  How very tragic that we as a people have to satisfy some perverse need to be in the lives of others for some sick thrill.  A family is at sake here.  It's too much to lose.

To Jon and Kate, your lives, your children, the family you have created out of the love you have for each other isn't worth any television program.  I think you should terminate your television contract, go somewhere where you can put your lives back together and find the love that brought you together to begin with.  I hope you can find a way to find the love, hopes and dreams that were meant to be.

Dr. Phil,

I also signed up just to share my heart in regards to John and Kate Gossling.  One incident should not be cause for divorce.  I also firmly believe that it's not over untill you exhaust every resource to help one's marriage.  There marriage is more important to the children than anything else the parnets could ever give the children.   They keep talking about the best interest of their children but divorce is the worse option ever for their children.  Please intervene before it's too late if you can.  Thank You!

Cari Carpenter

June 24, 2009, 1:08 am CDT

Nothing new on the west front

Dr. Phil

It was today, your show from an unidentified date, that I watched the "Youngsters careless driving" here in Israel.

May I remind you, that as kids, you & I saw a fatal driving match in James Dean's film "East of Eden".

The only change is in the power and speed of the cars.

I do my best to minimize the fenomena, therefor volenteer on the Israeli Highway Patrol.

I wish you to continue your first class shows for as long as we live !!!

Thank you

David

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last