Message Boards

Topic : Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, September 08, 2008, 04:46:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
DrPhil.com has been given a facelift! Do you like our new look, or do you miss some of the old features? Speak your mind.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 5, 2009, 10:00 am CDT

i-we need mothers against druged drivers

i am tried and angry that i can not get help in this town to get my son and all these meth heads and oxicotton  drug addicts off the streets.
in my town a 4 hour class and $ 180.00 they get there license back after several stops of no insurance, tickets and driving on suspended license.
 the cops never take test to see these people are all drugged out even after several stops.
my son has stripped wires after wires to recycle and recycles to keep his habbits. he smashes tv's vcrs, computers etc to take out the insides and recycle. he dunpsters dives.
he is not the only one in this town probably 50 % of this town is on meth, herion, coke, or prescription drugs. and no one will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have sent dr. phil over night mail fed ex with photo's i have written several times,
i have tried to get intervention to help. i have call police deptments.
in march my friends daughter died with the oxy in her system as here the kids smash it snort it!!!!!!!it is a big seller with the kids as they have easy access all over the place.

July 6, 2009, 3:35 pm CDT

Teen pregnancy---Brittney

Dr. Phil, I was so upset to hear Brittney's story because it is in direct parallel to what is happening with my nephew's sixteen-year-old daughter. When I listened and watched Brittney speak, I could see my niece. These teens have no regard as to the impact of having a child at a young age will have on their lives, not to mention the lives of their parents and/or caregivers. They have no plans for the baby, they don't have jobs, the baby's father is no longer in the picture or he doesn't think he has to deal with it---afterall, he doesn't have to deal with weight gain, morning sickness, rollercoaster emotions, going through labor pains, tiredness, early morning feedings,etc. Why do these young girls continue to make this choice? They do it because they are SELFISH! They feel that their parents or caregivers are in some ways obligated to take care of the baby. Why does the law allow a child under eighteen to decide what to do about a pregnancy---we see that they weren't mature enough to go about preventing the pregnancy, so why are they mature enough to decide what to do? Remember, as you said, the girls live in a fantasy world. My niece is due in November, but all she thinks about is returning to school in August and going to her junior prom. No plans for the baby she is carrying---sigh.

July 28, 2009, 12:56 pm CDT

c'mon Dr. Phil

Phil, I have to take a minute and drop you a line.  I will make this quick, because I have been known to ramble.  First, STOP vilifying men!  I am sure there are as many "broken" women out there as men but, I do full well understand you have to draw an audience or else your ratings would be like the other Phil, and I do mean Donahue.  Remember he tried to do the right thing too, and crashed and burnt like the Hindenburg. I mean think of it.  For every bad behavior there is stimulus. Bad, and i do mean only behavior that you deem not consistent with the only comparison you have at hand and that is the facade of the perfect life and marriage you perpetrate.  Lets go backwards, say ten  or fifteen years let cameras follow you and see if you have the baseline that is your life that you use to verbally "beat" your guest into a "normal existence". I would really love to statistically see your success' against the repeat "offenders".  I would venture to say if someone did the research on you and your background we would find some of the same skeleton's in the closet as everyone else.  OK, so here is what I want to see,  you lift up some men, do some positive shows showing that there is good in the brotherhood that is all men. Stop vilifying us, join us support us and show all the men hating women out there that GOOD men are still out there. Be a champion not a bounty hunter of your fellow man.  I figure you will use some psycho babble silliness to dismiss this post, but for what ever reason, you might just see that you could have been doing all men everywhere a BIG disservice.  Now lean back in your chair and think about it. Thank you for your time.

August 3, 2009, 9:17 am CDT

Help

I need help. My husband and I have been married for 3 yrs. We have two children togetherand until now everything has been wonderful...my husband has a child (4yrs old) with another woman. I saw her for the first time last week and hated every second of it..what is wrong with me? her mother has never let my husband take her until last week so i had never seen her before and i guess it was like she really didnt exist until then. he saw her a few times a month and i never would mind..but now i just wish she wasnt around. i hate myself for it, i feel so bad for her, but i feel like shes intruding into "our" little family. i dont know how to make myself stop thinking this..and he was obvisiously showing her so much more attention to her than our 2yr old when we all went out together and it made me resent her even more.. i mean our little girl actually ignored and wouldnt talk to my husband because of it..i feel like this is causing emotional problems with our daughter..what do i do to make these feelings go away? is this normal? and now i resent my husband for every having this child with another woman..help!

August 22, 2009, 12:03 pm CDT

Insecure

Quote From: trishagk

I need help. My husband and I have been married for 3 yrs. We have two children togetherand until now everything has been wonderful...my husband has a child (4yrs old) with another woman. I saw her for the first time last week and hated every second of it..what is wrong with me? her mother has never let my husband take her until last week so i had never seen her before and i guess it was like she really didnt exist until then. he saw her a few times a month and i never would mind..but now i just wish she wasnt around. i hate myself for it, i feel so bad for her, but i feel like shes intruding into "our" little family. i dont know how to make myself stop thinking this..and he was obvisiously showing her so much more attention to her than our 2yr old when we all went out together and it made me resent her even more.. i mean our little girl actually ignored and wouldnt talk to my husband because of it..i feel like this is causing emotional problems with our daughter..what do i do to make these feelings go away? is this normal? and now i resent my husband for every having this child with another woman..help!

I think the reason why you feel so bad is, you see her as a threat to your family. You are doubting about yourself and your husband.

*** he was obvisiously showing her so much more attention to her than our 2yr old***

Was it rly? or was it because she was around and that was the first thing you have notest? If she wanted to "intrude" your family she wouldnt have waited for 3 years.

You are also married for 3 yrs, go talk with your husband about your feelings, Tell him whats on your mind, one of the reason why you said, yes i do, because you can tell each other any thing.

August 22, 2009, 1:50 pm CDT

What happened to the 18 year old boy seen week of 8-17-09

His name was Juan and Doc Phil had him on as one of the many children in the system that have been abused by lack of care and concern.  Juan had lost his birth certificate and could not even get a job. He had been  thru about 21 different homes during his 18 years.  Doc and wife awarded him a football helmet and he acted  like it was the first gift anyone had ever given him.  I was so moved and had determined to help somehow, when at the end of show the print stated that this young man had been tragicaly killed the first week of august this year!  I would like more info on him and his plight and his sad demise, maybe I can help one other in such a circumstance. 

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next Page | Last Page