Message Boards

Topic : Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, September 08, 2008, 04:46:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
DrPhil.com has been given a facelift! Do you like our new look, or do you miss some of the old features? Speak your mind.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 16, 2008, 1:30 pm CDT

Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

Quote From: joycemonroe

What a WONDERFUL experience being part of the Dr. Phil audience!!! 

I would like to get a couple of messages to Dr. Phil about the comments on the taping of "The Bridge" -- and the pursuing conversations about suicide.  Having lost a child myself, I appreicate your comment about never claiming to understand the feelings of losing a child.  That's great.  When you said to your guests, John and Erika, "You shouldn't feel that way", I felt that was a very inappropriate comment and not typical for you!!!  I understand perfectly well how they feel only a short 8 months since losing their beautiful daughter to suicide.  Ericka said, "We've lost our reason for living".  I remember feeling that exact same emotion after losing my son.  I wish I could have talked to John and Erika that very day!!!!

Even worse was Dr. Joiner's comment about knowing how John and Erika felt because he lost his father to suicide!!!!  NO WAY!!!!   NO WAY!!!!   Poor John and Erika.

I too have lost a child and felt 'triggered ' by exactly the same comments.   No one can know what it is like unless they have had the experience.   Thank you

October 24, 2008, 6:25 am CDT

Music

I find the music to be way too loud, it drowns out the conversation. Had my hearing checked recently. Surely it can't be just me.  I don't need loud music to entensify the drama of the show..Pleeeeze turn it down a couple of notches.

November 8, 2008, 9:49 am CST

Resources-Nov 7 08 show

Dear Dr. Phil staff,

So where are all those resources Dr. Phil always says (at the end of his show) are so available? The new site is not user friendly! (Or am I just being dumb? I don't think so -- I use web sites all day at work).

I'm interested in Operation Cuddle--helping with!  Where is it?

And, if I were a teen girl or mom of, in need of further info on resources, a teen girl would NOT be able to find same QUICKLY! She would give up, teens have no patience!  Especially in Crisis Mode!

Not a good design!!   Help should be IMMEDIATELY OBVIOUS on the  home page.  We need a little more re-design, please!

November 16, 2008, 6:56 pm CST

relationships

i just got married already there a problem,i don't know what to do,where i'm going.i'm confused.

November 16, 2008, 6:58 pm CST

operatoin cuddle

what is operation cuddle?'m missing this!

November 16, 2008, 7:02 pm CST

poorpeople

Quote From: mothersons

Dear Dr. Phil; I'm getting a little flusterd about all this talk about the economy and helping the middle class people. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POOR PEOPLE! Everyone acts as if they don't exist anymore. Even the politicians. There are more people out here who don't own homes or have medical or life insurance and living from paycheck to paycheck and their jobs don't offer insurances. They have to make decisions rather to eat or pay a bill. They also got caught up in the credit crisis with charge cards. WHAT ARE THEY TO DO!!! 

Concerned mother

there's no justice for us poor people.weare humans too!

November 18, 2008, 9:53 am CST

new web design

For the most part I love the new web design.  The only part I don't like (it's very annoying) are the ads that appear at the top of the page, in front of the  text.  It took me three trys to get this comment in because the ad kept popping up in front of the boxes for my user name and password. 

November 18, 2008, 12:23 pm CST

11/18/2008 My Child Can't Stop Eating

How are you supposed to control this eating frenzy when you have a child who is taller than yourself and weighs over 200 pounds.  I can't tell him to stop because then he takes offense that I am saying this because he is fat.  And, I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I don't know what to do to make him see what he is doing to himself.  And although our years together with their father was an abusive relationship then and sometimes even now, I think he is depressed.  And his doctor says that there are depression medications that can make him gain weight.  So, what is the answer?

November 20, 2008, 7:59 am CST

no justice indeed

Quote From: hotmama1970

there's no justice for us poor people.weare humans too!
I wonder if celebrities and professional atheletes will give any thought to what christmas will be like for families whose home is in foreclosure and have no job.  I think it is a disgrace that they receive the saleries they get and have the nerve to flaunt all their wealth . There will be many children in tears this holiday season because their christman tree will be empty.  The average blue collar worker puts in long hours doing strenious labor and barely brings home enough money the keep his head above water.  This country is no longer for the people, it is for the people who are wealthy.  Middle class and the poor are suffering while celebrities and athelites are making millions.  WAKE UP AMERICAN CITIZENS AND TAKE A STAND. 

November 21, 2008, 5:22 pm CST

Comments On Gay Marriage Episode

I feel Gay Marriage should be legal in all 50 States, but with the following as clauses.  One is that a given church or religious group is given the right to not hold Gay Weddings if their doctrine forbids homosexual practices in their religion.  Another is that a church or religious group is given the right to refuse membership to gay couples if homosexuality is a forbidden practice in their religion.  These clauses should be passed with Gay Marriage legalization strictly for the purpose of preservation of the rights of these religions, as Biblical Christianity for example forbids the sexual practice of homosexuality in its practicers.

I was however offended by the individuals who were against gay marriage legalization because of their prejudices against gays.  I was even more offended by these individuals justifying their bigotry by claiming to be Christians !

The same GOD who speaks against the practice of homosexuality SPEAKS EVEN MORE about the Love of Thy Neighbor As You Do Yourself.  Jesus gives this in Matthew 7:12 AS A COMMANDMENT, one of those highly powerful THOU SHALT's !  Jesus' Parable of the Sheep and Goats speaks about in fact how you treat your fellow human beings GOD will personaly interpret as though YOU are TREATING HIM in person!  The Fruits of the Holy Spirit include gentleness, love, peace, and others.

These individuals do not do these things with gays.  Bigotry IS A SIN!  In fact, Christians are to treat THEIR  PERSONAL MORTALIST OF ALL ENEMIES with such as mentioned above, much less those not of their personal views.  Saying that the SIN bigotry is supportive of GOD, or any other SIN, is blasphemy!  To twist the Word Of God for support of the SIN of bigotry, or any other SIN is blasphemy!   Thus to bluntly say it, someone who preaches bigotry in the NAME OF GOD and HIS WORD is at least dilluded and at most perverted!

And one more thing for a final note, CHRISTIANS do not seek to force their faith on others!  Jesus said to His Apostiles if a town does not accept them, then go to another.  The Apostile Peter in fact asked Jesus to send fire from Heaven to destroy a town that did not accept them; Christ rebuked him saying " Peter, you do not know what spirit you are of".  The Apostiles then were commanded to leave the towns that did not accept them, NOT try to conquer them and make a CHURCH-STATE entity to dominate them!

I wrote this lengthy message to inform people that CHRISTIANITY and BIGOTRY do not mix!  As a Christian, I found the people speaking bigotry in MY GOD'S NAME beyond intolerable and ethically and morally sick!  Thank you. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last