Message Boards

Topic : Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, September 08, 2008, 04:46:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
DrPhil.com has been given a facelift! Do you like our new look, or do you miss some of the old features? Speak your mind.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 22, 2008, 8:17 pm CST

we all must get along

Quote From: amalyek

I feel Gay Marriage should be legal in all 50 States, but with the following as clauses.  One is that a given church or religious group is given the right to not hold Gay Weddings if their doctrine forbids homosexual practices in their religion.  Another is that a church or religious group is given the right to refuse membership to gay couples if homosexuality is a forbidden practice in their religion.  These clauses should be passed with Gay Marriage legalization strictly for the purpose of preservation of the rights of these religions, as Biblical Christianity for example forbids the sexual practice of homosexuality in its practicers.

I was however offended by the individuals who were against gay marriage legalization because of their prejudices against gays.  I was even more offended by these individuals justifying their bigotry by claiming to be Christians !

The same GOD who speaks against the practice of homosexuality SPEAKS EVEN MORE about the Love of Thy Neighbor As You Do Yourself.  Jesus gives this in Matthew 7:12 AS A COMMANDMENT, one of those highly powerful THOU SHALT's !  Jesus' Parable of the Sheep and Goats speaks about in fact how you treat your fellow human beings GOD will personaly interpret as though YOU are TREATING HIM in person!  The Fruits of the Holy Spirit include gentleness, love, peace, and others.

These individuals do not do these things with gays.  Bigotry IS A SIN!  In fact, Christians are to treat THEIR  PERSONAL MORTALIST OF ALL ENEMIES with such as mentioned above, much less those not of their personal views.  Saying that the SIN bigotry is supportive of GOD, or any other SIN, is blasphemy!  To twist the Word Of God for support of the SIN of bigotry, or any other SIN is blasphemy!   Thus to bluntly say it, someone who preaches bigotry in the NAME OF GOD and HIS WORD is at least dilluded and at most perverted!

And one more thing for a final note, CHRISTIANS do not seek to force their faith on others!  Jesus said to His Apostiles if a town does not accept them, then go to another.  The Apostile Peter in fact asked Jesus to send fire from Heaven to destroy a town that did not accept them; Christ rebuked him saying " Peter, you do not know what spirit you are of".  The Apostiles then were commanded to leave the towns that did not accept them, NOT try to conquer them and make a CHURCH-STATE entity to dominate them!

I wrote this lengthy message to inform people that CHRISTIANITY and BIGOTRY do not mix!  As a Christian, I found the people speaking bigotry in MY GOD'S NAME beyond intolerable and ethically and morally sick!  Thank you. 

I am not  a real church going person my self but in my opinion marriage should be protected, marriage was made through the church and has been preformed long before goverment got involved. but I am not saying to not let people be with who ever they want to be with.and makes them happy.you think with all of the very smart people that are in this world we could work this out. just give gays and lesbians the same rights as a married couple.but call it under adifferent name. and we must peotect peoples religious believes.and stop this matter from keep going back to the courts.and costing the tax payers tens of millions of dollars.one thing is for sure we all have our views and well some time we change and some time we won,t.

November 23, 2008, 6:14 am CST

HI GREAT TECHS!

Do you think you all could create something that we could that we could post a a message to all of our friends instead of doing it one at a time?

That would be cool!

Thank you!

Everything is really really easy!

xox

S

December 17, 2008, 7:58 am CST

Christmas special

I happy that you are able to help your audience make their christmas happier. But my husband is on disablilty and I work full-time .We are raising our grandson. Which we don't mind but we get no help. Because our daughter wont give us guardianship or power of attorney. He is better of with us . Right now I'm stressing out because My car isn't running & we have no money for any christmas presents for any of our 7 kids & 3 grandkids ,My whole life i was told i would never amount to anything .I would really like to be able to give the grandkids at least one present. How do i do that.  Thanks for letting me vent. Hope you & your family have a merry christmas & Happy new year Josie

December 26, 2008, 1:41 pm CST

parental alienation

Dr. Phil,

YES. Parental Alienation is a real thing. My boyfriend of 5 years has been living it. I recently published a book (fiction) based on his story and that of other people I know who have been manipulated by the other parent. You can't imagine what lengths people will go to in order to keep the other parent out of the children's lives. I would love for you to read my book. May I send you one? Some guidelines that courts could go by would be to monitor how many times one parent files motions against the other. More often than not, there is a pattern. Such as, filing a motion one month before each extended holiday or vacation so that the other parent cannot have their alotted time with the children. It goes on and on. Please reply.

Jodi

December 26, 2008, 2:12 pm CST

I am your biggest fan!

I really am your biggest fan. You say on your show how you always read your emails, well I sure hope you read this.  I am a 54 year old alcoholic who has been clean and sober since 9/16/08.  I watch your show every single day before I go to my A.A. meeting.

On July 21, 2008, I underwent a total hip replacement on my right hip, due to the fact that I had a compound pelvic fracture that did not heal correctly.  I was (and still are sometimes) very depressed and spent most of my time in my bed because it hurt so much to walk, before I had the surgery.

I am just now getting to the point where I can walk around my house without my crutch.  I really do love your show and you do so many nice things for needy people. If you need someone on your show that overcame a total hip replacement, addiction to alcohol and pain medications, please call me, I would love to hug you!

January 2, 2009, 3:42 pm CST

Veterans

Regarding your show on medical need of veterans and that every day shoould be veterans day.

I have a suggestion of how this could be brought about.  Have every TV Host with live audiences

start their show by akding all veterans to stand and thank them.  This would mean a lot to all

who have served inthe service.  I am a veteran myself and I am always grateful when I am at

any function that recgonizes the veterans.  Thand you for reading this.

Zora Elwood

January 13, 2009, 12:50 pm CST

with you big time

Quote From: jodilynbeck

Dr. Phil,

YES. Parental Alienation is a real thing. My boyfriend of 5 years has been living it. I recently published a book (fiction) based on his story and that of other people I know who have been manipulated by the other parent. You can't imagine what lengths people will go to in order to keep the other parent out of the children's lives. I would love for you to read my book. May I send you one? Some guidelines that courts could go by would be to monitor how many times one parent files motions against the other. More often than not, there is a pattern. Such as, filing a motion one month before each extended holiday or vacation so that the other parent cannot have their alotted time with the children. It goes on and on. Please reply.

Jodi
yes I'm right there with you. I have two step boys and I am only aloud to be their maid and taxi. other than that I'm the bitch, thats my name. In my opinion its because I call his ex on the lies and wrongness of her and this is her only offence. I deal with it because my boys are smart and they will see it when they get older. I have faith in my boys and their perseption of the truth....have faith and be there for the kids. all else is bull and  it can be ignored...:)

January 13, 2009, 3:16 pm CST

poor people

Quote From: hotmama1970

there's no justice for us poor people.weare humans too!
poor people deserve to be treated equally, they are not even a minority, but they are treated worse than a minority, some people seem to think that if you are poor you are choosing to be,(like it's an action or something. I know some poor people who are the hardest working people in the world!! some of the most humblest of people are the best people in the world ( the amish maybe?) who all knows who's got "it "right .  we are all just doing the best we can with the resources we have to constantly better our youngest family members abilities to prosper for the future

January 13, 2009, 5:13 pm CST

living with a sociopath...

Quote From: sweetallie777

I am begging you Dr. Phil to do a show about narcissistic sociopathic men. I have been in a relationship with one for over three years and the abuse I have endured and put up with is unspeakable.  My concern is that these men are so charming, know to to schmooze and seduce you back into the same craziness.  I was a victim of a man like this and I am currently out of it but I want to stay out of it.  I am afraid.  I don't trust myself.  My mind tells me to never look back but my heart still yearns for this jerk.  I need help to break this craziness and I want to help other women get out of situations like mine.  I feel that if I can help someone else, it will also help me to heal.  Please read this and help me.  I have found a wonderful website that is helping but I want national attention on this subject, please!!  The website is:  www.lovefraud.com.  Thank you, Sarah Butler
I am giddy with excitement that there is somebody out there who has the same problem I have had and some of my daughters have, and my mother has,that long term relationship(s) (multiple for some of us) they are sooo charming, and smooth .I believe  they target us caretakers the more often, we are the ones who were raised to be little obediant housewives without the ability to stand up for ourselves for fear of abandonment,hell, a belt,it is so hard to see my daughters now going through the same crap! I have one daughter who is so controled by her much older boyfriend, it is scary!! thank you for posting!

January 13, 2009, 7:44 pm CST

Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

I cant believe Toni (the mother of the little BOY who wants to be a girl) wont even listen to the other doctors opinion.Maybe she needs counseling.2nd of all there comes a time when all childen want to be the other sex,same as people with straight hair want curly hair.Thats when you need to step it up and instill in your child the he is a he or she is a she after all God made everyone just the way they are meant to be.I think it is awful to possibly be sending your child to Hell over saying NO to barbie dolls.

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last