Message Boards

Topic : Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, September 08, 2008, 04:46:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
DrPhil.com has been given a facelift! Do you like our new look, or do you miss some of the old features? Speak your mind.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 18, 2008, 10:26 pm CDT

Advice about being wrongly accused

I think that Dr.Phil left out some important details.If you are accussed but not charged,there is not alot of help for you and your child.Legal aid cost also and will not take all cases.These people taking our children (in my state)have more authority than anyone.I believe in CASA,however if these people say no..they will not be allowed to help in your case.The state cannot love!!!!!Dr.Phil did not believe in me and my child enough to even offer any feedback or recourses.....so why would they? They can paint a picture of you and control you to the point you feel your spirit has been crushed!! All that if you try to fight or advocate for your child.Alot of these cases the case workers are barely out of thier teens!!There are Gardian Ad Litems.However they don't work for the child.They are suppose to.Good luck with that.They do not always show up at your door.I am a mandated reporter and i have had several cases were i was told that there was not enough evidence to investigate.

September 19, 2008, 2:20 pm CDT

Response to the N word discussion

The N word is a word that stops you from thinking. When you hear that word referring to someone, do you think that that person works at a job, makes a good living at a trade or profession, has a happy home life and many other perceptions that we all take for granted. No. It is a word that stops you from thinking.
It would have been helpful to have a linguist on the show who could tell us what the impact of a word like that is. He/She may also be able to tell us how long it takes to erase/change the meaning of that word.
A similar word is the R word that refers to a person who has a developmental disability. No one ever thinks that a person with a developmental disability when referred to as R------ or as a R----- could live as a full member of a community and contribute to that community. This is another word that stops you from thinking. 

September 19, 2008, 2:47 pm CDT

New Dr Phil Site Look/Features

I am quite computer literate, but have spent 15 minutes looking for the topic, "Lower the drinking age to 18" and cannot figure out how to post a comment.

Also much of the new look has the color of test way too dark.

It's a nice looking site, but not easily navigated to post a comment as it was before.

Just my opinion from someone who easily finds whatever...

September 19, 2008, 4:57 pm CDT

Share Your Thoughts on Our New Web Design!

sorry to say this, but i hate the exceesive use of flash. it is a waste of bandwidth, ram and cpu time.

that said, the interface is quite clean, so kudos to that. i just wish the interactive menus were faster.

September 19, 2008, 5:05 pm CDT

oh wow, i can't believe posts have to be approved here before they are posted online. a lack of immediacy is what KILLS online message boards. better to be a moderator who deletes inappropriate posts rather than preventing them from ever being made (which will increasingly become a more difficult task should the site become more popular).

on this, i highly disapprove.

-the extra little popup that asks if i really want to post a message is also highly annoying. based on these poor management choices, i'm actually seriously reconsidering my decision to join this group.

also, what the hell is with you people posting off topic messages about issues from past shows? this topic is about web design; lets keep things clean here, people.

September 19, 2008, 7:33 pm CDT

Frustrated

I have been trying to maneuver this page and find the place to comment on lowering the drinking age. It was very complicated and confusing. I believe many people will be discouraged from commenting because of the difficulty of finding what you are looking for. Too many big blocks wasting space, too little directioin.

September 20, 2008, 12:22 am CDT

GOOD JOB

I LIKE THE NEW SITE BETTER, BEING VISUALLY IMPAIRED I FIND IT EASIER TO READ, MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS YOU CANT CHANGE FONT SIZE ON THIS E-MAIL, MAKES IT HARD FOR ME TO WRITE...THANKS ..

September 20, 2008, 4:09 am CDT

Um, I just tried twice to post a blog on the new beta, and both times I clicked "submit" and the page that loaded after that shows that there are no blog entries at all. I just posted twice! Where are my blogs?

September 24, 2008, 9:17 am CDT

living with a sociopath...the devastation

I am begging you Dr. Phil to do a show about narcissistic sociopathic men. I have been in a relationship with one for over three years and the abuse I have endured and put up with is unspeakable.  My concern is that these men are so charming, know to to schmooze and seduce you back into the same craziness.  I was a victim of a man like this and I am currently out of it but I want to stay out of it.  I am afraid.  I don't trust myself.  My mind tells me to never look back but my heart still yearns for this jerk.  I need help to break this craziness and I want to help other women get out of situations like mine.  I feel that if I can help someone else, it will also help me to heal.  Please read this and help me.  I have found a wonderful website that is helping but I want national attention on this subject, please!!  The website is:  www.lovefraud.com.  Thank you, Sarah Butler

September 24, 2008, 12:14 pm CDT

OMG

I am a 40 something person and get hives with new tech nology     my mind starts racing and I know I am not as smart as you guys or my kids and I dont even know how to download music or pics or upload and then I saw the new diaries and BETA  what the ferock is beta anyways?  There is this program where my handsome smart sweet 18 year old son who lives in NJ can talk to my computer can down load music to my IPOD in OHIO can YOU believe that?  What will they think of next?

The lingo The layouty  OMG!~~But for real though you guys are awesome and anytime I ever had a question you all have patients of saints  walking me thru it like I am in Kindergarden so thanks for that!

MAYBE Dr Phil should do a show on HEY MIDDLE AGERS DONT FREAK OUT CATCH UP!  AND GIVE US A WEEKEND WITH YOU CUTE COMPUTER GEEKS  (SAID WITH THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF RESPECT!

xox

S

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last