Message Boards

Topic : Join the 10 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 26
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 11, 2008, 03:53:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 10 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2008, 9:00 pm CDT

looking for support

Hi All!  I am a 42 year old mother of 3 hoping to find support on this message board.  10 pounds doesn't sound like much unless you are the one who has been trying to do it FOREVER.  I know I would look & feel much better.  I am so busy with my jobs & kids that it is hard to eat right.  I stay very active which is a good thing because I am a total stress eater & I also love to bake.  I have started reading the weight loss solution book & trying to make sense of all the crazy things I do in the name of food.  I would love to find a support budy to stay in touch with & loose those last 10 pounds with. 

September 12, 2008, 6:07 am CDT

Hi!

Quote From: sherry130

Hi All!  I am a 42 year old mother of 3 hoping to find support on this message board.  10 pounds doesn't sound like much unless you are the one who has been trying to do it FOREVER.  I know I would look & feel much better.  I am so busy with my jobs & kids that it is hard to eat right.  I stay very active which is a good thing because I am a total stress eater & I also love to bake.  I have started reading the weight loss solution book & trying to make sense of all the crazy things I do in the name of food.  I would love to find a support budy to stay in touch with & loose those last 10 pounds with. 
Hi!  I'm a 29 yr. old mother of 2.  I've been married 8 years to the love of my life.  I want to lose 10 lbs.  My biggest problem is my husband.  He sabotages any efforts I have to eat right.  He's not interested in eating better or exercising even though he really should be doing both!  So when I fix a meal that's half way healthy he will try to eat it to be nice but then throw most of it away.  Which leave me feeling aggrivated and guilty because I didnt fix him something he really wanted. I lack serious motivation!

September 12, 2008, 6:21 am CDT

Join the 10 Pound Club

I workout 5 times a week to include cardio and weight training and I will say that 90% is eating.  I always have to fight to not gain weight, however I know that sometimes I don't eat enough carbs and your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto the last 10 pounds.  I am talking about eating the right things 5 times a day.  As soon as I up my carbs a little 1/2c brown rice or 4oz of sweet potatoe  1/2 c oatmeal for my first 3-4 meals the weight starts dropping.   5 meals a day to include protein carbs a little fat 3 hours apart.  The first few days you'll feel a little bloated but then amazing things start happening.  I know with kids it makes it harder, my advice is to take some time and cook meals for 3-4 days and package them up, then if your out and about take a cooler so you never go past 3 hours to eat.

September 12, 2008, 6:45 am CDT

Lets motivate each other!

Hello!  I am a 38 year old mother of 2, who would like to lose an additional 10 pounds.  So far I've lost 12.8 through steady exercise and diet, but am struggling to get those last 10 off.  I've been a yo-yo dieter for a long time and I think this time I've realized that I will ALWAYS struggle with weight unless I make the changes necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  Before children, I was very thin and really never exercised.  Now I know exercise is the goal and I've seen the muscular changes that it creates.  I hope we can motivate each other, provide support, guidance, shoulder to cry on, etc. as we all reach for our goal!

September 12, 2008, 5:19 pm CDT

I'm in! I need motivation for the last 10!

I would love to share ideas on what to do to get this last 10 - the sticky 10 - off!  I am a 44 year old mother of two, and over the last year I have lost 20 pounds in a very healthy way - eating right and exercise.  Now, I am stuck with 10 more I want to lose but it's not budging.  Dare I say I have not read Dr. Phil's book?  I suppose that would help!  But it would be great to all work together and let each other know what is working and not working......

September 13, 2008, 12:14 am CDT

Spelling Error

DEER, (DEAR) Doctor Philip C. McGraw,

On your Thursday, September 11,2008 show you added a 6th pair of girls as contestants for the weight loss challenge. In large bold uppercase yellow letters across the television screen it showed they were from "DEERBORN" Michigan. Yes, that is the way your graphics production department spelled the city. For the record, please note that the correct and only way to spell that city's name is "DEARBORN." You got the Michigan part right.

I have seen every show and taped most of them. I usually agree with your opinions, but I still reserve the right to challenge your decisions. It would be great to be in your audience, even better to be on a show. If you ever get back to Washington, DC, let me know. I'd enjoy meeting you and having an in depth philoshopical discussion about anything, your choice. If you'd rather, I could provide you with editorial comments regarding the outcomes of your shows. Like a "fly" on the wall perspective. It would add a new dimension to your show.

Regards,

Anthony

September 13, 2008, 5:37 pm CDT

10 More Pounds Let's Do it!!!!

Hi everyone I'm 46 and 5'0 so weight shows up on me every pound!! I in the last 5 months have lost 34 pounds and thrilled however would love to lost the last 10 to reach my goal... I have a sit down job which of course doesn't help matters but I've lost all this weight by just simply watching what I eat and keeping track in a online journal what I eat and of course counting my calories. I drink a lot of green tea which I happen to love anyways and truly thinks it helps it sure can't hurt.

Would love to find others to email with and research with and simply just to get there last 10 pounds off :)
Me and a girlfriend also use to to email each other every night what we've eaten for the day that really kept me in check lol knowing that I would have to tell her.. Well she's off her diet she's a yo-yo dieter so looking for some other peeps to keep these pounds coming off...

September 14, 2008, 8:26 am CDT

I need to get motivated!

Hello! I am a 30 yr old woman with no children yet. I was glad to see that Dr. Phil put together a group for people who want to lose just 10 pounds. JUST 10 pounds IS quite a bit for some of us. I noticed that several people on the 10 pound club are hoping to lose the "last 10 pounds." I am a little different. I want to lose the "first 10 pounds!" I have never had a problem with weight. I have always been petite and could get away with eating anything. Things have changed for me in the last year or so. I started teaching about the same time that my weight began to increase. I assumed that with a 20 minute lunch, I would lose weight since I had less time to sit down. Somehow, I've managed to rack up the pounds. And as some of you also said, 10 pounds on a 5'3 body makes a huge difference. I would like to stop the weight gain and take control before things get really out of hand. I have joined a gym with my husband. He is much better about going. I always find an excuse not to go. "I'm too tired. I'll go tomorrow." I want to get motivated! Please let me know if you have any great motivation tips that you could share. Good luck with your weight loss!

September 14, 2008, 9:30 am CDT

count me in!

Hello everyone! I would love to be a part of losing the "sticky 10" I am a 39 year old Mom of 3 girls. Over the past few years since my last daughter was born I have put on 10 pounds. I really want to get this in check. I belong to a gym, but have had a bad history of getting excited and going for a few months, and then not going for a few months. I have gone back with a new resolve a couple of weeks back. I like to think that they way I eat is actually pretty good....but if that were really true I wouldn't be in this situation would I? I am especially curious as to what everyone likes to eat for a healthy lunch. I am a stay at home Mom, and I find that I tend to shove lunch down my throat in between doing a million things. I also admit that as a family we eat to much take out thanks to after school activities. (I have REALLY been cutting that back!)

Just a small bit of backround. I come from a family of overweight people. My mom and sister are very overweight. I lost just over 50 pounds when I turned 19 and had the freedom to choose what I ate, and I started excercising. Amazingly I had kept it off for all these years and through all my pregnancies. I am afraid of slipping back.

So I am looking to give and receive encouragement! We can do this!!!

September 14, 2008, 8:32 pm CDT

Join the 10 Pound Club

Hi, I am a 40 year old mother of two also trying to get 10 lbs. off. I had lost 47 lbs. 4 years ago and maintained that for 2 years...but gained 10 back in the last 2 years. You would think that "just" 10 lbs. would be easier. I am also in Weight Watchers but sometimes I struggle with just thinking being 10 lbs. over is not that bad. But my winter clothes are too tight and 1/2 my wardrobe is really uncomfortable. It is a struggle but I do not want to give up. At my weight watcher meeting I lost 1.6 lbs. the first week and gained one back the following week....argggghhhh. I know I CAN do it, any moral support I greatly appreciated!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last