Message Boards

Topic : Join the 10 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 26
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 11, 2008, 03:53:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 10 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 14, 2008, 8:36 pm CDT

I need to get this monkey off my back!

Quote From: sherry130

Hi All!  I am a 42 year old mother of 3 hoping to find support on this message board.  10 pounds doesn't sound like much unless you are the one who has been trying to do it FOREVER.  I know I would look & feel much better.  I am so busy with my jobs & kids that it is hard to eat right.  I stay very active which is a good thing because I am a total stress eater & I also love to bake.  I have started reading the weight loss solution book & trying to make sense of all the crazy things I do in the name of food.  I would love to find a support budy to stay in touch with & loose those last 10 pounds with. 
Hi, I am a 40 year old mother of two also trying to get 10 lbs. off. I had lost 47 lbs. 4 years ago and maintained that for 2 years...but gained 10 back in the last 2 years. You would think that "just" 10 lbs. would be easier. I am also in Weight Watchers but sometimes I struggle with just thinking being 10 lbs. over is not that bad. But my winter clothes are too tight and 1/2 my wardrobe is really uncomfortable. It is a struggle but I do not want to give up. At my weight watcher meeting I lost 1.6 lbs. the first week and gained one back the following week....argggghhhh. I know I CAN do it, any moral support I greatly appreciated!

September 17, 2008, 8:40 am CDT

Hi,
Well I'm 23 years old and recently married. Before the wedding I really wanted to lose weight but ii was too difficult for me. I ended up losing 8 pounds the week of the wedding from the stress which I just piled on during the honeymoon. I've been trying to lose weight since I can remember. Unfortunately I come from a family that didn't use to be overweight but now is because of our eating habits. I am 5 foot 2 and would REALLY love to lose 10 pounds... honestly a few more than 10 would be amazing but 10 would at least take me out of the overweight section. I find myself backsliding when no one is looking and really need someone to keep me accountable. It would be great if I could do it on my own, but honestly, right now I just can't.

September 17, 2008, 1:23 pm CDT

Join the 10 Pound Club

Hello!  I am Ashley, a mother of 3 children and really would love to lose the last 10 pounds of my baby weight and get a flatter stomach.  I really would love some support and need the motivation. Any ideas and advice would be welcomed. 

September 17, 2008, 3:06 pm CDT

New here

Hi everyone!

I am a mother of 2 and am hoping to shed at least 10 lbs. Last year I went through a diet, which made me go from 161 to 115! Sounds great, doesn't it? But, I felt awful most of the time. I had no energy, caught every single virus that flew around AND I was starving half the time.(Note: I was put on this diet by a doctor)

After losing all this weight I was suddenly hit with depression, nothing like I ever experienced before. I was put on Prozac and am glad I at least got my life back but I also got my pounds back.

So, after seeing this Dr Phil weight loss show, I decided to give it another try. I lack the motivation to say the least and I LOOOVE food. I am hoping to find new friends here and some guidance to steer me in the right direction. I don't even know where to start!

As many of you, every day is a challenge. It is usually filled with stress.

Looking forward to a healthier life!

September 17, 2008, 5:14 pm CDT

me again

Quote From: lorton

Hi, I am a 40 year old mother of two also trying to get 10 lbs. off. I had lost 47 lbs. 4 years ago and maintained that for 2 years...but gained 10 back in the last 2 years. You would think that "just" 10 lbs. would be easier. I am also in Weight Watchers but sometimes I struggle with just thinking being 10 lbs. over is not that bad. But my winter clothes are too tight and 1/2 my wardrobe is really uncomfortable. It is a struggle but I do not want to give up. At my weight watcher meeting I lost 1.6 lbs. the first week and gained one back the following week....argggghhhh. I know I CAN do it, any moral support I greatly appreciated!
Wow, reading your passage makes me realize we have so much in common.  I lost 30 pounds quite a w hile ago.  For a while I stayed in the 128 - 130 lb zone.  I was fairly content.  Now I am 145 & really want to loose 10-15  pounds.  As we are getting older I worry so much about continuing to put on weight.  I also struggle with the thought process of 10 lbs over is not so bad & then I struggle with not wanting to give up.  It is a crazy roller coster ride.  It is hard for me to make ww meetings but I feel so great after I go (I am a lifetime member).  I think we could be great support for each other & should try & set some mini goals.  Even to lose 1lb a week would make us both look & feel great for the holidays.  I don't necessarily want to get in a smaller size I just want the clothes in my closet to fit better & to feel better about myself.  I am open to any ideas.

September 18, 2008, 8:56 pm CDT

Join the 10 Pound Club

Hello,  I am the mother of 3 children and I turned 40 years old this week. I'm hoping to find support  to help me make the lifestyle changes I know are necessary. I would love to lose 10 pounds and fit in my clothes again, I have a closet full clothes I can't wear. I have never used message boards before, I'm hoping I can be honest here. I did weight watchers briefly but never really felt comfortable speaking up. I don't really have anyone I can discuss these things with. I'm hoping this might be the place where I can. 

September 22, 2008, 8:09 am CDT

Join the 10 Pound Club

Quote From: immyrt

Hello,  I am the mother of 3 children and I turned 40 years old this week. I'm hoping to find support  to help me make the lifestyle changes I know are necessary. I would love to lose 10 pounds and fit in my clothes again, I have a closet full clothes I can't wear. I have never used message boards before, I'm hoping I can be honest here. I did weight watchers briefly but never really felt comfortable speaking up. I don't really have anyone I can discuss these things with. I'm hoping this might be the place where I can. 
I Know how you feel...mother of three, 35, and i officially think my aging metabolism has kicked in.  Or shall I say a lack there of.  I need motivation every single day it seems to be healthy.  My 16 year old has about 50 pounds to lose, and I have tried some different strategies to motivate her...nothing has worked so far.  Hoping to try and join the challenge together....she has yet to register, naturally...but mom is hopeful!

September 22, 2008, 8:51 pm CDT

Hello everyone I am new to the message board

Looking for buddies to lose weight together and encourage, talk, text what every we have to do to HELP each other to get to the GOAL we want.  It can be very small like lose the first 5 lbs!!!   I lost 99 lbs once a very long time but being depress and not have control of myself to stop eating the wrong thing and NO motivation it seems like it will never happen.... But Dr. Phil has given me some HOPE by putting a message board and hope I can connect with other Who want HELP and encouragement to Start to lose weight together.  I just turn 41 and want to loose 200lbs but I want to at least lose my first 5 lbs to start felling motivated and see that I can and at the same time having others losing weight with me and DO NOT HAVE TO DO IT ALONE.!!!!!!  Please please Let do it together.  Help me and I will Help U

susieqq@ymail.com

October 7, 2008, 2:05 pm CDT

strange score

wow.

Taking the healt IQ quiz my score was a 9!
But I'm not drinking bottled water because in our country you can drink from the waternet, it's even better than bottled water here. Milk is just fresh milk. Whole wheat bread is normal. Omega 3 is in our margarine. I don't think there even are 7 colors of veggies! only six: white, yellow, orange, red, green and purple. If you count mushrooms maybe, but that's technically not a veggie.
Are freeze-dried herbs bad for you? do fresh herbs contain than much nutrition?
Do you eat damaged fats? How can I say 'no' when I sometimes eat a cookie? there goes another point. I never order vinaigrette on the side, because I never order a salad. Some vegetables and an nice piece of lean meat will do much better in a restaurant.
Do I use freshly ground flaxseed meal? no, I use freshly ground wholemeal stuff straight from the mill.

Anyway, don't trust the test, especially if you're not an american.

December 12, 2008, 10:28 am CST

Hi

Quote From: sherry130

Wow, reading your passage makes me realize we have so much in common.  I lost 30 pounds quite a w hile ago.  For a while I stayed in the 128 - 130 lb zone.  I was fairly content.  Now I am 145 & really want to loose 10-15  pounds.  As we are getting older I worry so much about continuing to put on weight.  I also struggle with the thought process of 10 lbs over is not so bad & then I struggle with not wanting to give up.  It is a crazy roller coster ride.  It is hard for me to make ww meetings but I feel so great after I go (I am a lifetime member).  I think we could be great support for each other & should try & set some mini goals.  Even to lose 1lb a week would make us both look & feel great for the holidays.  I don't necessarily want to get in a smaller size I just want the clothes in my closet to fit better & to feel better about myself.  I am open to any ideas.
 I have been trying to lose weight for so long and it does not help that i have a thyroid problem i have lose 2 lb and a month  them i gain it back i really do not know what to do and my husband telling me that i'm fat all the time doesn not help either  i just would like to lose enought so that i could look into a mirror and like what i see  but i have not given up i will keep trying  thank you for leting me join

First | Prev | 2 | Next | Last