Message Boards

Topic : 12/29 "Save My Mommy!"

Number of Replies: 223
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 12, 2008, 01:18:37 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/17/08) Dr. Phil takes an intense look at the life of Star, a stay-at-home mom who fears that her dangerous habit may take a turn for the worse. Star’s 11-year-old daughter, Autumn, sends Dr. Phil a poignant plea for help before tragedy strikes. By appearances, Star had it all: a nice home, a loving husband and four beautiful children. But inside, she hid a dark secret. What started out as a prescription for postpartum depression turned into an addiction, with Star downing 30 to 50 pills a day. Autumn was even left at home to baby-sit her younger siblings while Star drove around town for her next fix. Star's husband, Isaac, worries for her future and threatens to call the police if she continues to abuse drugs. A Dr. Phil camera crew is on the scene when Isaac discovers the depth of his wife’s addiction. See what happens when he takes matters into his own hands. Plus, Star receives a phone call that shakes her to the core. Find out what nearly causes her to break down. And, learn what line Star crossed which could shatter her marriage forever. Will Isaac ever be able to trust his wife again, or will this latest revelation cause him to call it quits? Can Star get her life back on track before it’s too late? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 2, 2009, 3:48 am CST

save my mommy

Quote From: ladyinmyhead

So let me get this right. She transitions to hard drugs from antidepressants ? She neglects her chldren to score ? She has affairs and then she gets to go to a swanky rehab (spa) for 30 days while her husband has to deal with working, children and heart ache. Wow. What ever happened to personal responsibility. What happened to putting others before yourself (i.e husband children) This seems like some sort of deflection from the real issues. Sounds like tough love needs to the presciption of the day.

i guess you dont know much about addiction...whether or not she's in a "spa" like treatment center or not she will go through hell....and if she is serious about quitting...she has already gone through hell trying to get where she is now...admitting she has a problem...im a recovering addict...unforuntely i too put everyone ahead of my drug of choice....at the time didnt realize i was doing it...cant explain why or how it takes over your brain but it sure does....i had to admitt i was powerless...and ask for help...i went to a rehab which by the way was not swanky by any means...i now go to a 12 step program daily...yes my family went through hell...yes my poor husband had to work and deal with the everday problems of a family ...did i want that to happen no...i became addicted to pain pills after surgery....two major surgerys...the pain pills are strong and it can happen to anyone...i had to take them for awhile...before i knew it i was addicted....thanks to my God....my wonderful (yes suffering) husband and family....i am back and even better than before....sounds like you need education on the subject or  like someone else wrote...dont judge someone till you've walked in their shoes...yes their are people that dont take this seriously and are in and out of swanky rehabs and that i just want to shake some sense in them...but there are those that do want help and can stay on the right path....

January 5, 2009, 3:21 am CST

How is Star?

I am curious how Star is doing these days? I hope that she has had successful treatment for her addiction although I do not believe it is entirely her fault alone. This poor woman is searching for something that she is lacking in her life and turned to pills and an affair in order to find it. I also really wonder if Star took that many pills at one time without some type of ill effect on her body or she just said this as a cry for help? How can someone score that many pills each day from friends without them thinking something strange was going on, and how could she build up a stash with her huge addiction? There might be more issues going on behind closed doors between her and her husband than anyone is aware of. It could be his anger or disappointment in her for using but while watching the show it looked as if he seemed very uninterested.

January 6, 2009, 3:01 pm CST

She has a disease!!

DR. Phil,  Speaking as a person in recovery, the actions that you took on you're show were un-called for.  The woman has a disease and should have been treated as such.  She didn't need to be thrown under the bus just for ratings.  She should know that there are people out there that would treat her with love and kindness.  You, however, did not.  I know that she did things to her family that were wrong, but every Alcoholic and Addict does these things on a daily basis.  If she chooses recovery, she will have an oppertunity to make amends.  I think that you have set a poor example for people seeking recovery.  Thankfully, there are other doctors well trained in addiction we can rely on.

First | Prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next Page | Last Page