Message Boards

Topic : 09/22 Behind the Headlines

Number of Replies: 281
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 19, 2008, 05:22:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three-year-old Caylee Anthony made headlines when her grandmother, Cindy, placed a frantic 911 call to report her missing. By the time she called the police, her granddaughter had been missing for one month. Where was Caylee’s mother, Casey, all that time? Now considered a person of interest by authorities, is Casey a pathological liar with something to hide, an irresponsible 22-year-old or is something else going on? Then, Casey claims she was out searching for her daughter on her own, but pictures of her partying at a local club surfaced shortly after Caylee vanished. Were those photos taken before Caylee's birth as Casey's father claims? Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv’s In Session, explains what a jury might think. Next, meet two local residents and find out why one believes Casey is innocent, while the other is convinced of her guilt Then, bounty hunters Leonard Padilla and Rob Dick say they helped bail Casey out of jail after she agreed to help them find her daughter. Rob says he drove Casey around in search of Caylee for nine days, and what he claims he observed might surprise you. Plus, why is Caylee’s story splashed across newspapers and TV screens, while other missing children go virtually ignored? Is the seeming disparity in coverage because she’s white or attractive, and the other children are different races? Ernie Allen, president and founder of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, says racism isn’t the reason some missing children make headlines while others do not. But April Morris has been searching for her grandson, Benjamin Everett, since he disappeared in 2004 and says he didn’t receive any media attention because he’s biracial. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 22, 2008, 8:16 am CDT

mother is not the word for this women

SINCE THIS ALL AS HAPPEN .. I HAVE BEEN SO CLUED TO THIS CASE ...IT IS CLEAR AS DAY THAT THIS WOMEN HURT HER DAUGHTER .. AND JUST DOES NOT GIVE A FLIP THAT NO ONE KNOWS THE TRUTH... I DO NOT THINK THAT SHE WILL EVER TELL THE TRUTH .. THE ONLY TRUTH THAT WE KNOW IS THAT SHE SUCKS AS A MOTHER AND HAVE FOUND OUT THAT SHE IS A WHORE...YOU CAN TELL THAT SHE NEVER WANTED TO BE A MOTHER .. WHY SHE WOULD NOT JUST GIVE HER CHILD TO HER PARENTS IS BEYOUND ME ... STORY HAE STORY HAS BEEN TOLD AND THE TRUTH IS SHE IS A LOW LIFE BABY KILLER .. AND I KNOW DEEP DOWN SHE KNOWS SHE IS A FREAKING MORON ... I HOPE THAT WHEN SHE GOES TO PRISON THAT THE WOMEN THERE .. THAT WOULD LOVE TO SEE THERE OWN CHILDREN .. BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF HER .. AND SHOW HER WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO GET TREATED LIKE A PIECE OF TRASH .. JUST LIKE SHE DID WITH HER BEAUITFUL DAUGHTER

September 22, 2008, 8:31 am CDT

Sad

This case is very sad! I have read the case history and have come to my own conclusions. I believe that Cindy some form of mental illness. Her mother should have noticed something and I feel like Cindy's mother is involved somehow!

September 22, 2008, 8:32 am CDT

justice

Quote From: kizzay

may tell you nothing.  Casey may NEVER tell what happened.  She may sit in prison for the rest of her life and not say a word.....but there are always people like you out there to fill in the blanks with whatever you "feel".  The only ones who NEED to know what happened are the police, family and the DA.
I just dont get it why all these seperate charges.. why shows like Nancy Grace.even if you are noy guilty.the word is out between the protesters encouraged by the police inticed by shows like Nancy Grace.who claim your guilt even before proven the idea of true democracy does not live in the United States I listen to all the leaks by the police. dna tests taken months. God Bless America.

September 22, 2008, 8:33 am CDT

Any of you ever heard of evidence?

What a bunch of mouth breathing ignorant villagers I'm hearing about.  Terrorizing the grandparents?  Why don't they just get out the pitchforks and burning torches and march up to the castle to try to kill the monster?  Oh, right.  They are already doing that in front of the grandparents' house.  The grandmother reported the little girl to be missing when she realized she was gone.  She and her husband have cooperated fully with the police. You can hardly blame them for clinging to hope that their daughter didn't have anything to do with it. Vigilantes terrorizing of the neighborhood is not going to help solve anything - all of those screaming lunatics needs to go home before one of them does something even more stupid than putting death signage in the hands of small children.  How sick is that? 

If the police haven't arrested the mother in this case, it's because they don't yet have the evidence to go to trial.  You can prattle on and on about all of the supposed "evidence" that you hear about on Fixed News with all their editorializing and baseless suggestions, but you can't take rumor and innuendo as evidence.  I think that the little girl's mother is a wack job who probably knows exactly what happened to her little girl.  But my opinion is not relevant.  The authorities have to build their case based on actual evidence and the law, not mob opinion.  And they aren't going to tell you what they do have - that is what the courts are for.  Remember the courts?  Where juries weigh the  evidence dispassionately?  Kind of the corner stone of our justice system, but apparently all the pitchfork-wielding village idiots would prefer mob rule. 

So be outraged that a child is missing, be outraged that the mother hasn't cooperated.  But unless you are an investigator on the case, you really don't know anything.  And the more the public screams about supposed evidence, the more likely that any eventual trial will be torpedoed by all of the misinformation floating around.  You are all making a perfect case for the defense for the inability to get a fair trial.  Nice work.

September 22, 2008, 8:36 am CDT

09/22 Behind the Headlines

I have followed this story every night w/Nancy Grace.  She has played a video of the Grandfather, George, saying the body they found in the trunk was not his grand-daughter but no one has commented on that statement.  It's as if he is admitting there was a dead body in the trunk, just not Caylee.  I believe George, Cindy and brother Lee have more info from Casey (POSSIBLY, the truth).  Who's body does he think could have been in the trunk??????

September 22, 2008, 8:38 am CDT

09/22 Behind the Headlines

Quote From: jodymalone

It just doesn't make sense.  If that were my granddaughter, I would be on every channel, every camera screaming, begging, pleading with the public please help me find my child every waking minute I could.  Like Nancy Grace said; not once, not once has Casey Anthony gone on TV begging for help to find her daughter, nor has even shed one tear for her daughter.  Geesh, even Susan Thomas (remember her, the girl who drowned her two boys in the lake) even went on TV and shed a tear to find her boys.  If she didn't want the precious little girl, she should have given her up for adoption to a living family that would take care of her.  That precious little girl never stood a chance.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Jody

You know the sad part is Casey knows she is gone! Casey may have sold her or even killed her we just don't know! Only Casey knows!!!

September 22, 2008, 8:41 am CDT

No Time Left for You

It is so sad that this young mother thinks no more about her daughter than a lost puppy. Someone knows something and they are all keeping this very quiet. This doesn't make sense. If no one is talking, then the only person who knows what happened is mommie, and she isn't talking. Is she guilty? Of what? I was found guilty once of sheer stupidity... so I guess we could charge her with that among the dozens of other charges the police have devised and and are using to keep her in their custody. Should she be in jail? Perhaps this is a protective move on the police to stop some upset persons from doing something they would regret also. I am not so sure time will tell. I do think that someday, we will learn the truth. Murder has no statute of limitations.

September 22, 2008, 8:41 am CDT

The Family:

I really can't beleieve that Casey's father being a ex-policeman is hidding everything. I know being a ex-policeman he over the years have had people take Lie detector exsmines, but now when it him and the rest of his family that they want them to take a lie detector exmine he says NO.. I really do believe that more then just Casey killed her daugther. I think they wn't talk because they dumped Caylee in one of the lakes and they are thinking that she will never be found.  I just hope she gets the MAX on the charges that they can prove, that will put her away for most of her Life.

September 22, 2008, 8:59 am CDT

Another issue

I can see where race can always be brought up on any issue concerning the media, but you have to remember that the news and this show for that matter is still a money making business and when you only make up 10 to 15 percent  or less of any market,  you  will not get the medias attention compared to someone that makes up 75 to 85 percent of a market.  Until we can skip over the color of our skin and our gender or what ever else people use to separate or validate our  thinking and see other people as human beings, this will always be an issue.  

This issue will come down to the same issue it always comes down to, was the child wanted by anybody with money that's willing to pay to complain.  Remember we are living in a country that has steeper penalties for breaking an eagles egg than aborting a baby, so good luck trying to get people to care. 

September 22, 2008, 9:00 am CDT

Parent and grandparent are guilty

Quote From: angel111999

At the end of your message you used the word ABUSE.
I believe CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE! From what I have seen and read about this case, the parent's relationship with Casey was a strained one. The GRANDPARENTS not seeing their GRANDAUGHTER for one month does not make sense if they had a close relationship with their DAUGHTER and GRANDAUGHTER. Remember when Casey did not want her parents to visit her in jail? That already tells you that Casey has no intentions of telling them anything. The more time that goes by the more TIME FOR HER TO MAKE UP MORE LIES. Casey must think now that she has been bailed out three times for other unlawful things that she has done that she needs not to say anything thinking she can also get away with her child's disapperance!
She had a lot of people take care of her child then she didn't want her around other people. ABUSE is evident when there is something to hide and as a child of ABUSE I can see how Casey would want to keep her away from her parents and friends so her child would not tell all. From all that I have seen Casey partying right after the date her daughter was believed to be missing makes me think she wanted a different life to do what she wanted and her daughter was in her way. RESENTMENT towards the child turns into ANGER...ANGER turns into ABUSE. So sad but true...learned all about this through my situation as an ABUSED CHILD. Casey might think that whatever she did was not wrong because all she wanted was to be HAPPY. If Casey at anytime in her life was treated in an ABUSIVE way could have given her reason to pass that ABUSE to her child.
Whatever the reason may be, it was wrong and she must be put back in jail where she belongs. None of the facts of this investigation make you believe she is not guilty. I hope this is solved soon.

Dr. Phil this a prime example of Pschopathology. 

Casey has learned to adapt to her daughter being missing.   What we don,t understand is that casey parents, are also contributing to the denial of there granddaughter being missing this is a trait that suit both the mother and the grandparents.    As one viewer said we learn behavior from our parents and casey parents have influenced factors in mental status. 

When you look at casey you can clearly see that her body language states that she is disturb emotionally.  Casey has adapted to what is known as role playing performances. 

However as people we are prone to give the  benefit of the doubt until  shown other wise. 

In this case  It is what it is Caylee is missing and her mother is suspect, because who else would not know where the child is but the mother.   Come on America as people we are none to have mood swings and personality changes.  

Doing one of casey episodes she did something to her child that was harmful but she has taken on the performance role of disconnecting her self from caylee which allow her to become unconcerned. 

But if you look at her parents closely you will see that  they have been disconnected from casey  themself

so i say that to sAY this, THAT YOU CAN NOT GIVE YOUR CHILDREN SOMETHING THAT YOU NEVER HAD. watch closely

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last