Message Boards

Topic : 09/22 Behind the Headlines

Number of Replies: 281
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 19, 2008, 05:22:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Three-year-old Caylee Anthony made headlines when her grandmother, Cindy, placed a frantic 911 call to report her missing. By the time she called the police, her granddaughter had been missing for one month. Where was Caylee’s mother, Casey, all that time? Now considered a person of interest by authorities, is Casey a pathological liar with something to hide, an irresponsible 22-year-old or is something else going on? Then, Casey claims she was out searching for her daughter on her own, but pictures of her partying at a local club surfaced shortly after Caylee vanished. Were those photos taken before Caylee's birth as Casey's father claims? Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv’s In Session, explains what a jury might think. Next, meet two local residents and find out why one believes Casey is innocent, while the other is convinced of her guilt Then, bounty hunters Leonard Padilla and Rob Dick say they helped bail Casey out of jail after she agreed to help them find her daughter. Rob says he drove Casey around in search of Caylee for nine days, and what he claims he observed might surprise you. Plus, why is Caylee’s story splashed across newspapers and TV screens, while other missing children go virtually ignored? Is the seeming disparity in coverage because she’s white or attractive, and the other children are different races? Ernie Allen, president and founder of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, says racism isn’t the reason some missing children make headlines while others do not. But April Morris has been searching for her grandson, Benjamin Everett, since he disappeared in 2004 and says he didn’t receive any media attention because he’s biracial. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 20, 2008, 7:17 am CDT

09/22 Behind the Headlines

This is one sick mamma here, she is just out there with her lies. NOT one phone call can be found to any nanny, and if there was a nanny how did she pay for it she hasn't worked in over 2 years ????

This is my opinion, she killed the little girl because she was getting older and talking more and could of exposed all of her lies she has been telling for years, that there is no nanny and mommy does not go to work everyday, that they spend their time here or there. when she is lying the child most likey would of told that is wasn't true like kids do. they talk and say things to people off the cuff.

I think the grandparents know the truth too, and I think its time for them to take off the t-shirts that say where is Caylee,  Protect their daughter if that is the case but don't use the fact that the little girls body has not been found yet and is still out there in defence of Casey.The little girl has been abused enough, don't abuse her more to protect the one that killed her.

September 20, 2008, 6:47 pm CDT

Something's not right

No one in their right mind would not report their child missing and just search on their own.  That is the dumbest story and it's no wonder that the police don't believe her.  No one believes it.  She has something to hide, and it is obvious that she is guilty of something wrong.  The truth will come out eventually...her lies are too bizarre and she is going to be her own worst enemy before long...it's all going to unravel, hopefully sooner than later.  Such a sad story.

September 20, 2008, 9:26 pm CDT

CAnt believe this girl... If my child was missing I would be screaming and begging for help. She knows what happen ....Terrible  it makes me sick everytime i see her on tv. AND THE GRANDPARENTS SHAME ON THEM FOR PROTECTING HER. iF SHE WERE MY DAUGHTER I WOULD BEAT THE HELL OUT O HER TILL SHE TOLD ME WERE MY GRANDBABY WAS.

September 21, 2008, 3:45 am CDT

I think Casey is guilty, but I waver between a planned first-degree murder, discipline gone wrong, or irresponsibility/accident.

IMO, Casey's parents are also thinking only of themselves, "protecting" their daughter for their own sakes, so not be the parents of a daughter that was convicted of manslaughter or homicide.

It's a pity that they insisted that Casey keep the baby she didn't want, and that Casey at that time legally an  adult  (maybe because she was afraid of being thrown out of the house) didn't just surrender the infant to social services hereself.

One thing for sure, Casey is no fool  -- she has hidden her secrets this long, and I have a sickening feeling that she, unlike Susan Smith, will not break.

September 21, 2008, 9:30 am CDT

I have been watching nancy Grace since this story started almost 3 months ago. with all of the evidence pointing to Caylee being dead and in the trunk of that car leaves only one thing that happened. Casey killed the child and had hid her in the trunk of the car. I think she was jealous of Caylee and Cindy the granny relationship and wanted to do away with Caylee plus so she could go out and act a tramp too. Cindy and George need to wake up and realize that Caylee is gone and their daughter is the reason why. All the protestors know that and we all that have been watching that on tv know that too. I know if my daughter did this I would not be protecting her i would be on her kool-aid making her tell me where my grandkid was. Then thney want to scream about the protesters being there. Get Casey out of the house and they might go away. I think her brother might have been in on it too becuase he has changed his story so many times it's not funny. the grandparents to Caylee are so far into denial it's not funny. I prayed once they are able to prove what Caey did to this baby they'll put this monster away forever. News flash if she didn't want a kid she should have not been sleepin g aropund with all those guys!

September 21, 2008, 10:06 pm CDT

Guilty Casey Anthony

Quote From: princessgina

I have been watching nancy Grace since this story started almost 3 months ago. with all of the evidence pointing to Caylee being dead and in the trunk of that car leaves only one thing that happened. Casey killed the child and had hid her in the trunk of the car. I think she was jealous of Caylee and Cindy the granny relationship and wanted to do away with Caylee plus so she could go out and act a tramp too. Cindy and George need to wake up and realize that Caylee is gone and their daughter is the reason why. All the protestors know that and we all that have been watching that on tv know that too. I know if my daughter did this I would not be protecting her i would be on her kool-aid making her tell me where my grandkid was. Then thney want to scream about the protesters being there. Get Casey out of the house and they might go away. I think her brother might have been in on it too becuase he has changed his story so many times it's not funny. the grandparents to Caylee are so far into denial it's not funny. I prayed once they are able to prove what Caey did to this baby they'll put this monster away forever. News flash if she didn't want a kid she should have not been sleepin g aropund with all those guys!
I too have been watching from the very beginning and at first I felt that Casey had accidently done something with Caylee, but as the evidence unfolds, the guiltier she looks.  She lies about everything and does not show any emotion what so ever.  If it was my daughter I would be crying and determined to find my daughter.  I would have called the police immediately and told everyone that she was missing.
I think that she killed Caylee and did not tell anyone, because she did want the body to decompose before anyone would find her.  Sick girl had thought this out.  She got chloroform and used it on Caylee and left her in her trunk to die.  She then got rid of the body, then parked the stinky car at Amscot hoping that the smell of decomposition would go away.  She did not want anybody to find her so that she would not have to answer any questions until she got used to the idea that Caylee was dead.

She is a murderer.  She needs to pay for her actions.  She now thinks she is a celebrity with all this media coverage.  She smiles while the cameras are on her.  She is not even remorsful.

Frustrated & Disgusted RJNEJBOR@aol.com

September 22, 2008, 1:02 am CDT

A GRANDMOTHER'S CONCERN

Quote From: sinder62

CAnt believe this girl... If my child was missing I would be screaming and begging for help. She knows what happen ....Terrible  it makes me sick everytime i see her on tv. AND THE GRANDPARENTS SHAME ON THEM FOR PROTECTING HER. iF SHE WERE MY DAUGHTER I WOULD BEAT THE HELL OUT O HER TILL SHE TOLD ME WERE MY GRANDBABY WAS.

This situation is an outrage! How can CASEY get out on bail three times with so much evidence that has been obtained by the authorities? She is an abutual lier who has a past that both of the parents know is not normal. The FATHER seems to have had an attitude since the first interview I observed him in. I have a terrible feeling he knows more than he is telling us. I have always been told I am a good judge of character. Nancy Grace has a lot of detailed information...I keep up with it on a daily basis. I happen to come across an interview with Casey's ex-boyfriend by Greta on Fox News. He gives a totally different view on Casey. They should have reruns on it so try and watch it.I believe that he is going to be interviewed by Nancy Grace and other cable programs.
One thing I do believe is that the PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS have been handling this situation all wrong.If they had a good relationship with their daughter they would of known that their grandaughter was missing. I can't imagine they let one month go by without a chance to see or talk to their precious grandaughter. I would have done anything to find out
Immediately. There is no part of this sad story that makes any sense. The end can't come soon enough for me...whether she is dead or alive we all need to know!

September 22, 2008, 1:36 am CDT

A GRANDMOTHER'S OPINION ON A SAD STORY

Quote From: princessgina

I can't understand why Casey has been allowed to get out of bail three different times. The judicial system doesn't make sense. I have watched Nancy Grace on a daily basis feeling so frustrated as a GRANDMOTHER that this child can't be found. With all the evidence, what is taking so long? Casey is an ABITUAL LIER which makes it so hard for anyone to get to the TRUTH. I remember when Casey's Father was being interviewed that he just had a bad attitude and gave me the impression he knew more than he was telling Nancy. Casey's parents have not been handling this situation very well...watching them fighting with spectators in front of their house is so immature for adults. CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE!!!!! They are not setting a good example to Casey of how to handle this stressful situation! They have the titles
MOTHER/FATHER GRANDMOTHER/
GRANDFATHER but
they are not acting appropriately. Their DAUGHTER never grew up and never took responsibilty for her own actions because the parents haven't either. A PRECIOUS CHILD is missing and the PARENTS believe their DAUGHTER is not RESPONSIBLE in any way.
THEY NEED TO SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL
"Daughter is not telling the TRUTH...SHE IS GUILTY!!!!!

September 22, 2008, 2:35 am CDT

YOUR RIGHT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT

Quote From: azsmom

No one in their right mind would not report their child missing and just search on their own.  That is the dumbest story and it's no wonder that the police don't believe her.  No one believes it.  She has something to hide, and it is obvious that she is guilty of something wrong.  The truth will come out eventually...her lies are too bizarre and she is going to be her own worst enemy before long...it's all going to unravel, hopefully sooner than later.  Such a sad story.
How can it be possible with so much evidence against Casey that she is home free? I am so upset that such a beautiful child is missing and cannot be found. The authorities are so sure there was a dead body in her trunk but yet they have no way of finding her body. Casey has all the answers to our questions but so far she is being so stubborn. The more time she keeps her mouth shut is more time she will be able to make up more lies. May the future bring good news but if it doesn't may her body be found so their can be closure to such A SAD STORY.

September 22, 2008, 3:34 am CDT

THE MORE TIME THAT GOES BY THE MORE INFO WE WILL GET ON CASEY'S PAST

Quote From: getrealtime

This is one sick mamma here, she is just out there with her lies. NOT one phone call can be found to any nanny, and if there was a nanny how did she pay for it she hasn't worked in over 2 years ????

This is my opinion, she killed the little girl because she was getting older and talking more and could of exposed all of her lies she has been telling for years, that there is no nanny and mommy does not go to work everyday, that they spend their time here or there. when she is lying the child most likey would of told that is wasn't true like kids do. they talk and say things to people off the cuff.

I think the grandparents know the truth too, and I think its time for them to take off the t-shirts that say where is Caylee,  Protect their daughter if that is the case but don't use the fact that the little girls body has not been found yet and is still out there in defence of Casey.The little girl has been abused enough, don't abuse her more to protect the one that killed her.

At the end of your message you used the word ABUSE.
I believe CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE! From what I have seen and read about this case, the parent's relationship with Casey was a strained one. The GRANDPARENTS not seeing their GRANDAUGHTER for one month does not make sense if they had a close relationship with their DAUGHTER and GRANDAUGHTER. Remember when Casey did not want her parents to visit her in jail? That already tells you that Casey has no intentions of telling them anything. The more time that goes by the more TIME FOR HER TO MAKE UP MORE LIES. Casey must think now that she has been bailed out three times for other unlawful things that she has done that she needs not to say anything thinking she can also get away with her child's disapperance!
She had a lot of people take care of her child then she didn't want her around other people. ABUSE is evident when there is something to hide and as a child of ABUSE I can see how Casey would want to keep her away from her parents and friends so her child would not tell all. From all that I have seen Casey partying right after the date her daughter was believed to be missing makes me think she wanted a different life to do what she wanted and her daughter was in her way. RESENTMENT towards the child turns into ANGER...ANGER turns into ABUSE. So sad but true...learned all about this through my situation as an ABUSED CHILD. Casey might think that whatever she did was not wrong because all she wanted was to be HAPPY. If Casey at anytime in her life was treated in an ABUSIVE way could have given her reason to pass that ABUSE to her child.
Whatever the reason may be, it was wrong and she must be put back in jail where she belongs. None of the facts of this investigation make you believe she is not guilty. I hope this is solved soon.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last