Message Boards

Topic : 12/24 Fighting the System

Number of Replies: 109
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, September 22, 2008, 06:59:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard2
(Original Air Date: 09/26/08) To sue or not to sue, that is the question for today’s guests. If you’ve ever felt violated, wronged or scammed, it’s time to learn how to fight for your rights! Dr. Phil’s first guest, Robin, says she was blindsided by officers in an airport when she mistakenly went through security with a bottle of contact solution. She says she was beaten so badly, she thought she might die. See her ordeal caught on tape, and find out what she’s doing about it. Then, after Kate’s plane was grounded for nine hours, and the passengers were without food, water, medical attention or any information, she created the Coalition for an Airline Passenger’s Bill of Rights. Today show travel correspondent Peter Greenberg and longtime consumer advocate Ralph Nader join the show with tips on how to travel safely and how to fight for your rights as an airline passenger. Next, Katerina says lingerie powerhouse Victoria’s Secret stole her design for a bra, and she’s not going to take it! Plus, have you ever bought a lottery ticket? Witness one man’s recent discovery within the Virginia State Lottery that has him steaming mad. Are lotteries just scams? Learn how you can fight back without suing, and what you should know before you decide to litigate. Join the discussion

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 26, 2008, 6:25 pm CDT

Another example of Facism in the US!

They created "homeland security" to slowly have an excuse to take away our rights.  Check out you tube

and search lou dobbs + north american union.  Nobody knows about what we're signed up for.

Mexico to merge w/ US and Canada.  Constitution will be gone - money will soon be the amero.

Same thing w/ the Real Id card -  write to your congressmen and senators - tell them you don't want your biometric info. etc. on these cards - they want new world order basicially.  Even this economic collapse was by design.  Wake up america!  go to infowars dot com . 

September 26, 2008, 6:40 pm CDT

TSA TROUBLE

I ALSO HAVE HAD MY GRIEF WITH THE TSA. I AM HANDICAPPED AND I AM FULL OF NEW METAL PARTS. ON MY ARRIVAL AT THE ATLANTA AIRPORT GOING THROUGH SECURITY ONE OF THE TSA AGENTS GOT INTO MY FACE BECAUSE I REFUSED TO HAVE ANYONE TOUCH MY BREASTS WHICH HAD HAPPENED TO ME ON AN EARILIER FLIGHT. I WAS ALSO WITH MY GRANDDAUGHTER WHO WAS 7 AT THE TIME. THEY PUT ME IN A GLASS ROOM, I ASKED FOR MY GRANDDAUGHER AND THEY TOLD ME I WAS A SECUITY RISK.  I WAS NOT IN EYESIGHT OF MY GRANDDAUGHTER THEY SEARCHED MY CARRY ON AND PURSE WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. IN THE MEAN TIME THEY CALLED AIRPORT SECURITY, THE ATLANTA POLICE AND THE TSA BOSS FOR THAT AIRPORT. AT NO TIME DID I EVEN RAISE MY VOICE. I JUST REPEATED THAT NO ONE WAS GOING TO TOUCH MY BREASTS AND THE REASON WHY. THE MALE TSA AGENT TOLD ME THAT BECAUSE I AM LARGE BREASTED THAT THEY MAY HAVE TOO.  I  WAS FINALLY TAKEN TO ANOTHER ROOM WHERE I EXPLAINED MY SITUATION TO THE FEMALE TSA AGENT. SHE WAS VERY UNDERSTANDING, NEVER TOUCHED ME JUST WANDED ME AND TOUCHED MY ARTIFICIAL KNEE AND THEN RELEASED ME.

IF  THE PEOPLE IN THE USA THINK THEY ARE ANY SAFER BY ALL THIS NONSENSE THEY ARE SO WRONG. ITS LIKE SHUTTING THE BARN DOOR AFTER ALL THE HORSES,COWS ETC HAVE LEFT THE BARN. IT IS A SHAME IN THE UNITED STATES THAT AN AMERICAN CITIZENS HAVE GIVEN UP THEIR RIGHTS TO BE "TO BE SO CALLED SAFE".  IF YOU ARE THAT WORRIED ABOUT PLANE SAFETY THEN DON'T FLY. I PERSONALLY AM SICK OF HAVING MY WHOLE BODY BEING PATTED DOWN BECAUSE I AM HANDICAPPED. IT IS DISCRIMINATION PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

September 26, 2008, 6:48 pm CDT

What do you get for beating up a girl? A promotion!!

Quote From: goochland2ny

I feel sorry for the woman that was obviously abused by the private police/security force at the airport.

It amazes me that many message boarders want to blame the victim. 

Everyone has the right to question people in places of authority...that is our basic right...we are not subservient to security guards/police.  They are supposed to be there to help keep us safe; Not take out their stress on us.  So even IF - IF - the woman had asked why or anything else that doesn't warrant the physical abuse she received.  As Dr. Phil pointed out the male Police Officer that started the abuse of the woman was obviously aggitated prior to speaking to her......Was he looking for someone to vent his stress out on? Did she somehow remind him of someone he was angry with?  It LOOKED on the video that he was LOOKING TO HURT SOMEONE and she happened to be the victim...he was a bomb ready to explode.

What is scariest about the incident is that it points to a pattern in our society where we are seeing this type of thing far too often (from police who are supposed to protect us and treat us in a professional manner); If we can no longer TRUST the police and others in similar positons (security guards/TSA) then what happens? 

Do these "private police personnel" go through quarterly stress evaluations? And why do the Authorities over these police always state "they were acting within acceptable limits".  If abuse is acceptable then we have a national crisis. 

Will the society end up in anarchy? If we love our country we have to raise our voices and demand better treatment. 

Not only did Chief Steven Holl of the Metropolitan Washington Airport police condone the abuse of this woman; he actually promoted 2 out of 3 of the cops who were beating her. Officers Michael Urbina, Sharnice Gartrell, and Naima Reed are still working at Reagan National Airport, free to beat up more travelers. I agree with your statement that Officer Urbina looked like he was itching to beat up anyone when he threw her into the other woman. The beating was horrible. The coverup is deplorable. Why would the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority condone this senseless act of brutality?

September 26, 2008, 6:50 pm CDT

Nader

I have to agree that it was great to see Nader on the program today. It's a pity we're not seeing him in the Presidential Debate tonight. He is a candidate, is he not?

September 26, 2008, 7:08 pm CDT

Mixed Emotions

I believe that this was one of the best shows since you aired.  This show dealt with the "focal point" of what is affecting our families: corrupt government, businesses, abuse by authorities, greed and the need for people to fight back in a legitimate manner on all fronts.

However, I am disappointed in your response to one of your guest.  Referring to the man's intelligence as "anal" was offensive and rude.  This learned man was quite correct in his findings about the lottery.  But, I do know that this was an error of the "foot asserting itself" and not from your heart.

I do wish you Dr. Phil, much success in your 'new direction'.  Bless you for having a "True Hero" like Ralph Nadar on your show.  I am voting for him.

Sincerely,

Pastor YahWeh_Eahoue

September 26, 2008, 7:14 pm CDT

Is it a Waste?

Quote From: exgamerdotnet

I have to agree that it was great to see Nader on the program today. It's a pity we're not seeing him in the Presidential Debate tonight. He is a candidate, is he not?

Yes, Mr. Nadar is running for President as he does every year.  Too often people think that they will "waste" their vote on an independent who is not accepted by Elephants and Asses.

My Question is:  "How's it working for you?"

September 26, 2008, 7:32 pm CDT

no vote

Quote From: yahweh1

Yes, Mr. Nadar is running for President as he does every year.  Too often people think that they will "waste" their vote on an independent who is not accepted by Elephants and Asses.

My Question is:  "How's it working for you?"

No vote is ever a waste, and i think you were making that statement when you put it into quotes?

If that is the case i totally agree no vote is ever a "waste".

Tammy

September 26, 2008, 7:52 pm CDT

Hi click CONTACT DR. PHIL on above menu.

Quote From: makesnosense

Tell me would you sue if you found out the police dept. knew your two year old child had been molested and never told you or your husband? How would you feel finding this out one year after the fact? And finding this out through an email  from the prosecutors office responding to you about not holding a doctor accountable for failing to report suspected abuse on your nephew? Our two year old baby is one of five victims........... She and her brother and sister were assaulted. What would you do. How would you get help for your family. I don't know what else to do. I have two children under age five that have identity disorders. Anyone that can help us please come forward.
Also, click BE ON DR. PHIL
then click
BE ON THE SHOW at top

"or" click

BE ON THE SHOW at bottom of webpage.

Scroll down the BE ON THE SHOW topics and click on any you think could be of help if you applied to be on.

Again, too, click CONTACT DR. PHIL as well...

Definitely, when Dr. Phil helps he has follow through. I hope you are so blessed to be helped. It feels very personal when some don't hear back yet it is just more need help than resources to provide.

Perhaps, too, you could click DR. PHIL FOUNDATION to see if any help available to you there. Also, note at bottom of web page "Treatment Programs" and DR. PHIL'S ADVICE on top menu.

This does sound like a topic that Dr. Phil definitely want to help if he was in a position to. All the best to y'all achieving remedy and healing and all that would genuinely help. Sincerely, fellow member SEA

September 26, 2008, 7:58 pm CDT

Yes. I agree.

Quote From: exgamerdotnet

September 26, 2008, 8:00 pm CDT

Disbeleif

What happened to Robin was horrible. These people need to be punished for their deplorable treatment of an innocent passenger.  And I agree that she should be compensated for her medical bills and the trauma she suffered.  However I do not agree with the amount of the lawsuit.  That is a ridicilous amount to ask for and just another example of corruption.  She didnt suffer no millions of dollars worth of damage.  It is the basic right to sue but it is ridiclous to sue for such extreme amounts of money.   Yes Robin should receive compensation for what they put her through and the officers involved should lose their jobs,  however she doesnt deserve millions of dollars.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last