Message Boards

Topic : 09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Number of Replies: 270
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 26, 2008, 02:22:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3
Fourteen years ago, America watched in disbelief as O.J. Simpson’s white Bronco raced down California’s 405 freeway with the police in hot pursuit. In the end, O.J. was acquitted for the double murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman, but the Trial of the Century seems to have a sequel in the works. The fallen football star was charged with assault and other crimes in connection with the alleged robbery of two sports memorabilia collectors at a Las Vegas hotel, and is now on trial. Dr. Phil talks to Ron Goldman’s sister and dad, Kim and Fred, who won a controversial battle for the publishing rights of O.J.’s book, If I Did It. With their nemesis about to take the stand again, find out what Kim says is her biggest fear about O.J. being behind bars. Then, an O.J. insider says he helped spin a web of lies for the former sports hero. After 14 years of secrecy, he makes a startling confession. And, civil litigation attorney Areva Martin weighs in.  Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 27, 2008, 9:03 pm CDT

I don't understand

Quote From: azviewer

The original OJ criminal trial ended more than a decade ago.  Should he have been convicted ?  Yes.  Am I sick of seeing OJ ?  HELL, yes.  But, I am also sick of seeing the Goldmans and the Browns.  Enough is enough !  The criminal trial -- right or wrong -- ended in an acquittal.  The civil trail ended in a judgement against him.  The Goldmans and the Browns should do everything in their power to pursue that judgement but get out of the public eye.  Additionally, they should focus their attention on something in addition to the civil verdict.  This appearingly single focus can not be emotionally or mentally healthy, can it, Dr Phil ?  Am I suggesting that either family forget about their loved one.  No.  Hell, no.  But, I am suggesting that they focus their energies on something other than that lowlife, OJ.  He's not worth it.  Besides, he seems hell bent on ruining his own life so let him get to it.  Justice will be served.  If not here, then hereafter.

I'm sorry (well, not really) but I will be tuning out of this episode.

becky, former AZ viewer now an LV (God help me!  LOL!!)  viewer

I don't understand why the Goldmans surface whenever OJ is in trouble. OJ is definately messing up his life all by himself. I don't understand why the Goldmans are trying to make money off of some book OJ wrote. I don't understand why Dr. Phil is showcasing them on his show. I just don't understand. I hate seeing their anger.  I am sorry for their loss, but I just don't understand their need to stay in the spotlight.What are they tryng to prove? Is this a way of healing for them? Or are they trying to punish someone? I just don't understand. I didn't follow OJ's trial, therefore I don't have an opinion on the outcome.

September 27, 2008, 10:13 pm CDT

09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Quote From: kwiiii

I don't understand why the Goldmans surface whenever OJ is in trouble. OJ is definately messing up his life all by himself. I don't understand why the Goldmans are trying to make money off of some book OJ wrote. I don't understand why Dr. Phil is showcasing them on his show. I just don't understand. I hate seeing their anger.  I am sorry for their loss, but I just don't understand their need to stay in the spotlight.What are they tryng to prove? Is this a way of healing for them? Or are they trying to punish someone? I just don't understand. I didn't follow OJ's trial, therefore I don't have an opinion on the outcome.
I completely agree with you and  azviewer.  I felt for the Goldman's and the Browns 14 years ago when it all took place.  I think OJ should be rotting on death row right now!  On the other hand, how much longer do we have to hear about it?  I too, am extremely sorry for their loss but come on, it's been over 14 years.  Let's move on with life.  I don't mean to sound insensitive but I feel they are keeping the anamocity going strictly for attention.  What else can it be after 14 years?  They have to realize the longer they keep it going and harder they try, it still won't bring Ron and Nicole back.  Why do they feel the need to keep avenging their deaths? Isn't once enogh?  I was 14 at the time of the trial so I didn't "follow it" per say, but I remember how they had EVERY SINGLE tv station tied up for 6 months or more.  You couldn't watch tv unless you wanted to watch the OJ trial.  I doubt very seriously I watch this one. 

September 27, 2008, 10:34 pm CDT

Quote From: maurauder

I cannot believe that anyone would cop an attitude regarding the atrocious, bloody slaughter of  two human beings as Becky has.  How dare she entertain an idea that the Goldman and Brown families have no right to pursue the justice that the Civil Court in California found was due them.

Judgment by Becky of the Goldman and Brown families is despicable and we are all warned  in the Bible: "judge not lest YOU be judged"!!!  This atrocity will live in my memory for a long time...perhaps a lifetime.

My deepest sympathy has been with both of these families and the children and will stay with them.  I support whatever legal actions they may take on any level to obtain even monetary compensation (what price can be placed on one human being?)  to keep this animal on the run and unhappy...his conscience, oops, a creature like OJ has no conscience!!!  He WAS a sports idol, not a God!!

Shame on you Becky!!!  Our prayers should be focused on putting this animal behind bars, not trying the Goldmans and the Browns or admonishing them for keeping this atrocity in the Public Eye.

Shall we forget Hitler, Charles Manson, or other deranged butchers, incinerators or their many atrocities?  NO, NO, NO,  NEVER!!!!

"Shame on you Becky!!!"  And you want to talk about judgement?  I am a Christian but the fact alone that you would accuse someone else of judging makes you guilty, as well. Yes, judge not, lest ye be judged and yes, those who judge will be judged with the same measure they used to judge. But I think that needs to be left in the hands of God.  And for the record.  We are not judging the Goldman's or the Brown's, we are simply saying that we are tired of hearing about it  after 14. Let Ron and Nicole Rest In Peace for crying out loud.  OJ will hang himself one of these days if he hasn't already.  And what i mean by "hang himself" he will find himself in deeper trouble than even he knows how to get out of.  If I'm not mistaken, I think it just around the corner.

September 27, 2008, 10:44 pm CDT

guilty guilty guilty

I was a Senior in High School when his "not guilty" verdict was read in the murder of his wife.  I knew he was guilty then and I know he's guilty now. He's a liar, theif, and con man. He's an abusive jerk (I'm putting it in language they can print) and he deserved the death penalty long ago.
I've been following the O.J. trial on Tru TV daily in the mornings.  The law is my obsession actually.  I can't seem to get enough of that channel lol.  Anyhow...he needs to be found guilty for this as well.
My heart goes out to the families of the deceased.  Both families who have lost their loved ones; Nicole's and Ron's.

September 27, 2008, 10:47 pm CDT

Quote From: fanclub

Dr. Phil- I am writing about simpson's first trial about murdering his ex-wife and her friend. I watch that trial and was amazed and confused about one of simpson's action that the defense never pick on. His smung attitude when he got away with it, and nobody picked up on it. Who in the world would go out and buy a pair of glove that would fit properly and put on surgical gloves on before you try them on. "NOBODY!"

When he did that I was amazed they allow him to wear them. Naturally they would not fit and any moroon

or simple person like me could see no sense in this display of TRUTH. It was therefore believed according to simpson that they were not his gloves-what a butch of CRAP!- and nobody said a darn thing

about it. This was an important part of the trial-don't fit they must aquit. Now that I finally got it of my

chest I hope Mr. GOLDMAN and his FAMILY will see that other people watching this devastation of-justice

will be aware that we all felt their pain-even if it's from a distance. GOD BLESS THEM!

TAKE CARE!-WE CARE!=Al and Melissa.

Not to mention that O.J. had began some medication that made him swell up a bit...of course the gloves wouldn't fit then.

September 27, 2008, 10:49 pm CDT

Quote From: bpolk59

The Goldman's are money hungry people who are doing everyting in their power to capitalize on the death of their love one. This is so sad.
No they are not money hungry. They are just trying to hurt him where they can, the best way they can...and that is his pocket book and money making abilities.  They got a judgement against him in a civil case, therefore O.J. IS NOT allowed to have any profit.  It goes to the Goldman's.  O.J. has gotten away with everything..why? Because he was able to pay people off.   They are just trying to make sure he doesn't do that again.  It's the only justice they are going to get...even though it doesn't come close to what they deserve.  But their goal is to make him as miserable as they can...because he deserves it.

September 28, 2008, 2:05 am CDT

Re: above Quote

Quote From: kwiiii

AZ Viewer, I am confused about who you think the winner should be and who the loser is.

There are no winners and the children are the losers on both sides.

Fred Goldman lost his son in a violant way and twice the courts let him down. You are making Fred and Kim look like greedy people and out for money since they really don't appear, but are invited to the shows you see them on including Dr Phil's. They can not heal until their son's killer has had justice sent upon him for the crimes he commetted and got away with. They fairly won a judgement against O.J. and he had the money to pay them but split to Florida where he can not be touched. O.J. is a coward. He kills, bullies, steals, rob's, threaten's, etc and you don't understand why the Goldman's are like they are? Don't make them like they are making a movie and want to be the leed actor and actress and your jealous. You said you did not follow the trial. You also said you hate seeing their anger. Read your own Quote carefully and ask Dr Phil to explain it to you if you can not see the jealous/hate and anger YOU HAVE towards this show coming up. You stated you don't understand, your right, you don't. If you had a son or daughter violently and brutally murdered, you might be inclined to act the way the Goldman's are doing, and I say they are doing it in a professional way each time they (surface) as you call it. Get someone else to explain it to you since I am not your Psychaitrist. My blessing's go out to the Goldman family and Dr Phil for continuing to help them struggle along with the past 14 years of hell they have been through. AZ Viewer, we all hope you never go through any tragidies or sorrow in your life. Personally, I don't think you could handle any.

Steve P.

September 28, 2008, 2:14 am CDT

Ignorance

Quote From: bpolk59

The Goldman's are money hungry people who are doing everyting in their power to capitalize on the death of their love one. This is so sad.

Bpolk59, if this is the only thing you know how to write, then please keep it to yourself. I don't care if you are allowed to put your statement here, but try living the life the Goldman's have had the last 14 years always hearing that jerk's name in the news always getting away with everything. Try losing a son, daughter, or close relative to the way Mr Goldman did to his son and the brutal way he was murdered by that sick demented killer. No one wants to see your fancy blood red type and your ignorant way of thinking that the Goldman's would rather take his money rather then his life. I'll bet if you ask Fred and give him the choice to see O.J. slowly be executed or collect the 4 million dollars for their loss of their son, I would be Fred and I would have front seats come time.

Steve P

September 28, 2008, 2:26 am CDT

I agree

Quote From: maurauder

I cannot believe that anyone would cop an attitude regarding the atrocious, bloody slaughter of  two human beings as Becky has.  How dare she entertain an idea that the Goldman and Brown families have no right to pursue the justice that the Civil Court in California found was due them.

Judgment by Becky of the Goldman and Brown families is despicable and we are all warned  in the Bible: "judge not lest YOU be judged"!!!  This atrocity will live in my memory for a long time...perhaps a lifetime.

My deepest sympathy has been with both of these families and the children and will stay with them.  I support whatever legal actions they may take on any level to obtain even monetary compensation (what price can be placed on one human being?)  to keep this animal on the run and unhappy...his conscience, oops, a creature like OJ has no conscience!!!  He WAS a sports idol, not a God!!

Shame on you Becky!!!  Our prayers should be focused on putting this animal behind bars, not trying the Goldmans and the Browns or admonishing them for keeping this atrocity in the Public Eye.

Shall we forget Hitler, Charles Manson, or other deranged butchers, incinerators or their many atrocities?  NO, NO, NO,  NEVER!!!!

Becky, read the book, If I Did It ? Then re-watch the trial if you have access to someones video tapes.

Rather then trying to focus on the Goldman's, focus on what is right. And your not. Shame on you I second the motion. Compare apples for apples but not apples with oranges. The good apple (Fred and Kim)

and the orange (Juice) O.J., and you can see what is rotten here. Hitler, Manson, Son of Sam, and the list goes on. This may sound like a negative post to you but that is two so far, you just might get more.

I don't care if you have religion or not, pray for the Goldman's anyway that hey can close the book on their terrible ordeal they have been through the past 14 years. They don't care about money, they want their son back and that's not going to happen because of a animal who goes around killing, robbing, stealing, etc and never gets punished for it. It is time you pray to whatever God you have that the right thing will be done here on Phil's Show Tuesday and the right thing be done in Vegas regarding that animal.

God Bless  Steve p

September 28, 2008, 2:37 am CDT

said so well

Quote From: 64692002

As human beings we can only speculate as to the murder of two innocent people 14 years ago. Since this murder took place and over the past 14 years I have lost (if any celebrity respect) for Mr. Simpson, because of his egotistical attitude and destructive behavior.  I believe this man thinks he is a God and all others should bow to his every whim. 

These families whom have had the displeasure of having this person apart of their lives (and now nightmares) my heart goes out to them, Everyday.  I also do believe that WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND, and Mr. Simpson will soon get what is so long deserves. I believe all animals belong behind bars.

I am sorry that this justice has taken so long for those people whom deserved closure years before.   

PEACE

Patricia Torchetti

Patricia, you said this so well. The bottom line is there needs to be closure for the Goldman's. They don't care about the money, they want the killer of their son to rot in jail the rest of his life. If it could have happened 14 years ago, the that is when they could have received some closure, but instead, O.J. kept committing crime after crime and smearking all the way. He is over 60 now and if convicted on this burglery charge and 11 other felonies, sure he goes to jail, but for how long? Long enough to vindicate the Goldman's memory of what happened? I don't think so at this time since 14 years have gone by and they suffered everytime they go through this and he gets away again and again. Now being over 60, if he got 15 years, to him, that could be life because he will die from old age before then. Not even enough time for the Goldman's grief the past 14 years. Your letter was very nice, except I would not use the word speculate. Everyone knows what really happened. Even Johnny Cochran, and look how God took care of him.

Steve p

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last