Message Boards

Topic : 09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Number of Replies: 270
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 26, 2008, 02:22:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3
Fourteen years ago, America watched in disbelief as O.J. Simpson’s white Bronco raced down California’s 405 freeway with the police in hot pursuit. In the end, O.J. was acquitted for the double murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman, but the Trial of the Century seems to have a sequel in the works. The fallen football star was charged with assault and other crimes in connection with the alleged robbery of two sports memorabilia collectors at a Las Vegas hotel, and is now on trial. Dr. Phil talks to Ron Goldman’s sister and dad, Kim and Fred, who won a controversial battle for the publishing rights of O.J.’s book, If I Did It. With their nemesis about to take the stand again, find out what Kim says is her biggest fear about O.J. being behind bars. Then, an O.J. insider says he helped spin a web of lies for the former sports hero. After 14 years of secrecy, he makes a startling confession. And, civil litigation attorney Areva Martin weighs in.  Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 29, 2008, 12:13 pm CDT

09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Quote From: stevedad

I have read all the post's and can hardly believe that some of you are so dis-respectful to the Goldman's and jealous that they will be on Dr Phil's show Tuesday. Saying you did not follow the trial and the Goldman's are money hungrey and want to be in the lights and action of TV is just plain ignorant.

Read what you wrote folks before sending it. Yes, you do have a right to your opinion's and I do to. But I want to be accurate before I start saying things that are embarrasing and just plain dumb.

Rather then worrying about how much the Goldman's want money for the book O.J. had or them being on different shows, I think they would rather be in a court room right now listening to a guilty verdict and a life sentence to that  murderer and would skip on the money. Their son died tragicly. Nichole as well. There can not be a outside person watching the first trail all the way through and not know he should have been found guilty of 2 counts of murder. The jury was a problem, judge Ito ran his court room like a circus, and when you have an indefinete amout of money, you can by anything, like laywers (OH, but at the end, Johnny C. got his money's worth. Too bad he could not take it with him). That is God at work. Bottom line people, is let the Goldman's be. They want Ron, not gold. Watch them each time you see them on TV talking about this subject. I don't see any faces with $$$ signs on them, only real tears. Many of you will probley write hate mail back to me but I can handle it.

Dr Phil, if you are reading this, know that I have the highest respect for you for all that you do. Not just in the show, but for what you and Robin did for Katrina, kids around the world, charities, and the list goes on.

I know this will be a very good show even though it has already been taped by now. The blood is still on that monster's hands and can never be washed off except by a guilty verdict for the 12 felonies he committed in Vegas and put away to die in prison. It won't bring Ron or Nichole back, but it might bring some closure to Fred and Kim Goldman. No other way will do.

Steve P

Expessing ones desire/choice NOT see a show and why is not disrespectful.  Calling someone's opinion dumb and ignorant and their motivations based in jealousy without foundation (as done here), however, is. 

As I have stated in another posts, the murder trial is OVER; fourteen years over.  Right or wrong, OJ was acquitted.  (For clarification, YES I believe they got it wrong.)  He, however, will not see a day in prison for that crime.  That's the American justice system; a system I'd take over any other on the planet.  Any punishment for future acts of CONVICTED criminality will not be based or be influenced by the fact that "he already got away with murder."  

If the families want closure, they should focus their energies on something more positive and get out of the public eye where they continue to rehash this over and over. 

September 29, 2008, 5:20 pm CDT

O.J.

I think O.J. is nothing but a loser. I hope a Las Vegas,NV jury put's him behind bars for the rest of his life.

September 29, 2008, 6:15 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Goldsman J. O On Phil Simpson Trial. I saw that on that very day and Mr. Simpson is Guilty as any--

one could see it. Doctor Phil that was fourteen years go. See you on Tuesday September 30th, 2008.--------

Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 30, 2008, 6:44 am CDT

Enough of the Whining.

Quote From: nannny1

O.J. .......Guity...........YES! 

Goldman's............. Victims................YES!

However........

WHY WOULD THE GOLDMAN'S GET INVOLVED WITH SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM. They will not heal by attaching yourself to everything that happens to O.J.

What is the payoff for them?

Disappointed in Millsboro

OJ Guilty???? A court of law said he was not.

Goldmans Victims??? They profit from the deaths daily.

Ted Goldman investigated?? No. Although he has just as much if not more motive in the deaths of these 2 persons. He is a smug, low life individual who shouldn't be able to profit for these deaths. I can't believe that "Dr. Phil" would waste the air waves by having this scum bag on his show. Like Dr. Phil says "Get Real"!! He needs to follow his own advice.

September 30, 2008, 6:47 am CDT

Purpose

Dr.Phil, I am very dishearted that you would waste your time on this topic of OJ. I feel this is racially stimulated and that the Goldmans are money hungry. OJ still has to live. If he does not make  a living there is no money for the so called suffering relatives to get. I honestly beliteve that if this was the other way other around.....colors reversed, this would not be an issue. This is not OJ's fault that a jury of his peers aquited him.  They should be angry with the jury not OJ. It is obvious that this country is still racially divided.  There is two sides to every story. Dr. Phil why have you not invited OJ to your show?

September 30, 2008, 7:21 am CDT

This is ridiculous!!!!

First of all I would like to say that everybody that has a mind knows that O.J. is guilty. We all know this. But to keep bringing this about is wrong. The Goldman family really needs to let this rest because they aren't thinking of The Brown Family in this vengeance in obtaining money. The Brown family has suffered as well. Are they in the news no. What about Nicole's children. They lost their mother. Are the Goldman's thinking of them. No!!!! If they ever get the money that they won in the civil suit.... Are they going to give any of that money to Nicole's family. No!!!!! They are being very greedy and unthoughtful to the other family involved. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about O. J. And the Goldman family it has become a Michael Jackson saga. O.J. is clearly being an idiot so let him hang himself. The Goldman little trio needs to let this rest and get on with their lives. O.J. will probably go to jail for this new crime but to keep living the old crime is horrible. O.J. Simpson will not do time for these murders because he will not be tried again. Let the Brown family be at peace and stop bringing this mess up with O. J.... Clearly this is about money and being vengful because there are more people in pain and at stake here than the Goldman family. There are children who have to hear and listen to this mess. And also a mother and father and siblings who have lost their loved one. (The Brown Family).

September 30, 2008, 7:24 am CDT

Quote From: jgambrell

Dr.Phil, I am very dishearted that you would waste your time on this topic of OJ. I feel this is racially stimulated and that the Goldmans are money hungry. OJ still has to live. If he does not make  a living there is no money for the so called suffering relatives to get. I honestly beliteve that if this was the other way other around.....colors reversed, this would not be an issue. This is not OJ's fault that a jury of his peers aquited him.  They should be angry with the jury not OJ. It is obvious that this country is still racially divided.  There is two sides to every story. Dr. Phil why have you not invited OJ to your show?
I agree with you to a degree. O. J. Simpson isn'tgoing to come on this show. For one Dr. Phil would be really put out on front street for bringing him on. I totally agree with you about the racially motivated issue here. This is only about money and if thi man would have been white would they be going on the way that they are. NO!!!!!!

September 30, 2008, 7:28 am CDT

Quote From: rubypoet

Like most people, I truly believe that OJ brutaly murdered Nicole and Ron in cold blood and laughed all the way to the bank. The 1st trial was a farce, but still, I was beyond stunned!??? Meanwhile, my comment is as follows; I once heard a very wise man who's lifes study was the Bible, in it's original languages say, that GOD allows the victims (such as of murder) to be the one to JUDGE their own murderers!  I get the idea that our Lord would be right there with them, but it's their call.  I may be crazy, but from the moment I heard this, it just rezonated with me, it makes such perfect sense, no??  However, it probably isn't that satisfying to us down here on earth, who want blood for this horrific crime and this particular criminal. I say that because the God I know is very kind and loving. Has taught me lots about forgiveness (which is not forgetting), so that I can picture the victims showing mercy to their killers. No matter what, it IS TRUE THAT Judegement is MINE, sayeth the LORD! But, then again, we can't help having strong opinions about this one, those 911 tapes alone. inflamed every caring person I talked to! What's that saying? Most crimes cry out, Murder Screams! God Bless you All, Rebecca in Tucson
I so much agree with you.

September 30, 2008, 7:32 am CDT

What about the children??

As I was watching the show today and listening to Dr. Phil and the Goldman's talk about all this money owed to them, I was sitting here thinking about the children, and obviously I am the only one becasue I heard no one mention anything about them.  What happens to them now? 

I do think the Goldman's are entitled to money but why aren't they thinking about those kids? They should get some of this money , shouldn't they??

September 30, 2008, 7:49 am CDT

GOLDMANS

Perhaps the Goldman's should be on the upcoming show for forgiveness. They do not seem very happy and  this seems to be consuming their lives. This is not healthy.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last