Message Boards

Topic : 09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Number of Replies: 270
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 26, 2008, 02:22:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3
Fourteen years ago, America watched in disbelief as O.J. Simpson’s white Bronco raced down California’s 405 freeway with the police in hot pursuit. In the end, O.J. was acquitted for the double murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman, but the Trial of the Century seems to have a sequel in the works. The fallen football star was charged with assault and other crimes in connection with the alleged robbery of two sports memorabilia collectors at a Las Vegas hotel, and is now on trial. Dr. Phil talks to Ron Goldman’s sister and dad, Kim and Fred, who won a controversial battle for the publishing rights of O.J.’s book, If I Did It. With their nemesis about to take the stand again, find out what Kim says is her biggest fear about O.J. being behind bars. Then, an O.J. insider says he helped spin a web of lies for the former sports hero. After 14 years of secrecy, he makes a startling confession. And, civil litigation attorney Areva Martin weighs in.  Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 30, 2008, 8:03 am CDT

...because he deserves it.

Quote From: littlemissyjen

No they are not money hungry. They are just trying to hurt him where they can, the best way they can...and that is his pocket book and money making abilities.  They got a judgement against him in a civil case, therefore O.J. IS NOT allowed to have any profit.  It goes to the Goldman's.  O.J. has gotten away with everything..why? Because he was able to pay people off.   They are just trying to make sure he doesn't do that again.  It's the only justice they are going to get...even though it doesn't come close to what they deserve.  But their goal is to make him as miserable as they can...because he deserves it.
That as we all know is not for us to decide. All I can say  I thank god everyday  that   "some  people" don't decide these things.

September 30, 2008, 8:33 am CDT

09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Quote From: shelly_80

I completely agree with you and  azviewer.  I felt for the Goldman's and the Browns 14 years ago when it all took place.  I think OJ should be rotting on death row right now!  On the other hand, how much longer do we have to hear about it?  I too, am extremely sorry for their loss but come on, it's been over 14 years.  Let's move on with life.  I don't mean to sound insensitive but I feel they are keeping the anamocity going strictly for attention.  What else can it be after 14 years?  They have to realize the longer they keep it going and harder they try, it still won't bring Ron and Nicole back.  Why do they feel the need to keep avenging their deaths? Isn't once enogh?  I was 14 at the time of the trial so I didn't "follow it" per say, but I remember how they had EVERY SINGLE tv station tied up for 6 months or more.  You couldn't watch tv unless you wanted to watch the OJ trial.  I doubt very seriously I watch this one. 
You don't have to hear about it turn the channel! You do sound extremely insensitive.  They are trying to make him pay so he can't just put what he did in the back of his mind and live his life as if he is not a murderer. Are you a parent? I am and I would not rest if someone brutally killed my child and got away with it. Ask yourself are you really sorry if you can be so insensitive.  I think not. It sounds to me your stating alot of words with no thought or feeling.  

September 30, 2008, 9:37 am CDT

Totally agree with you !!!

No they are not money hungry. They are just trying to hurt him where they can, the best way they can...and that is his pocket book and money making abilities.  They got a judgement against him in a civil case, therefore O.J. IS NOT allowed to have any profit.  It goes to the Goldman's.  O.J. has gotten away with everything..why? Because he was able to pay people off.   They are just trying to make sure he doesn't do that again.  It's the only justice they are going to get...even though it doesn't come close to what they deserve.  But their goal is to make him as miserable as they can...because he deserves it.
Exactly... you got it right !!!

I do hope that the Goldman's never let go and get what they should of gotten in the first place .... they did win their civil suit after all.

Enough is enough of O.J. getting away with everything he does, why..... because he was once famous and had money? ???????
THAT is what (definitely and surely) DID HELP HIM get away with murder, by buying himself a whole army of top notch lawyers that played with words and ESPECIALLY played the race card, when it was NEVER an issue in these murders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He sure the hell is GUILTY in my book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The justice system failed MISERABLY in this case.

However, I sincerely hope and wish for the Goldman's especially (as they probably have more difficulty getting through this hardship) and the Brown's families, to eventually be able to finally find peace of mind and serenity again.
They deserve it !!!!!!

My heart goes out to both of these families.

September 30, 2008, 10:06 am CDT

WOW, how low can you get !!!!!!

Quote From: boiseman

OJ Guilty???? A court of law said he was not.

Goldmans Victims??? They profit from the deaths daily.

Ted Goldman investigated?? No. Although he has just as much if not more motive in the deaths of these 2 persons. He is a smug, low life individual who shouldn't be able to profit for these deaths. I can't believe that "Dr. Phil" would waste the air waves by having this scum bag on his show. Like Dr. Phil says "Get Real"!! He needs to follow his own advice.

When you use the kind of language and such hard criticism towards a man that has lost his son in the hands of such a heartless murderer and crazy man like O.J. .....
I wonder about who is the "low life" and the scum bag" here !!!!!

You need to do your homework and learn more about this case before you insult and degrade people that went through the hardships that the Goldman's and the Brown's had to go through.

Ted Goldman has all the rights to do what he is doing and "Kudos" to him for not letting his son down and ESPECIALLY FOR NOT LETTING O.J. FORGET what he has done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, it is exactly what Dr. Phil is doing....... getting REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 30, 2008, 10:12 am CDT

09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Quote From: lady_tinou

Exactly... you got it right !!!

I do hope that the Goldman's never let go and get what they should of gotten in the first place .... they did win their civil suit after all.

Enough is enough of O.J. getting away with everything he does, why..... because he was once famous and had money? ???????
THAT is what (definitely and surely) DID HELP HIM get away with murder, by buying himself a whole army of top notch lawyers that played with words and ESPECIALLY played the race card, when it was NEVER an issue in these murders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He sure the hell is GUILTY in my book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The justice system failed MISERABLY in this case.

However, I sincerely hope and wish for the Goldman's especially (as they probably have more difficulty getting through this hardship) and the Brown's families, to eventually be able to finally find peace of mind and serenity again.
They deserve it !!!!!!

My heart goes out to both of these families.
Oh I agree with what you are saying 1000000 percent. We all know he bought people off to cheat his way through that murder trail. I pray it does not happen with this new thing happening and he ends up in prison where he should have been all along.

September 30, 2008, 10:34 am CDT

Thank you !!

Quote From: princessgina

Oh I agree with what you are saying 1000000 percent. We all know he bought people off to cheat his way through that murder trail. I pray it does not happen with this new thing happening and he ends up in prison where he should have been all along.
Amen.... to this statement of yours !!!!!!!!!

PRISON is where he definitely belongs !!

L.T.

September 30, 2008, 11:10 am CDT

Well said !!!

Quote From: 64692002

As human beings we can only speculate as to the murder of two innocent people 14 years ago. Since this murder took place and over the past 14 years I have lost (if any celebrity respect) for Mr. Simpson, because of his egotistical attitude and destructive behavior.  I believe this man thinks he is a God and all others should bow to his every whim. 

These families whom have had the displeasure of having this person apart of their lives (and now nightmares) my heart goes out to them, Everyday.  I also do believe that WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND, and Mr. Simpson will soon get what is so long deserves. I believe all animals belong behind bars.

I am sorry that this justice has taken so long for those people whom deserved closure years before.   

PEACE

Patricia Torchetti

I totally agree with you and what you are saying !!!!

You are so right you say that these 2 families deserve closure !!!

I truly hope that "JUSTICE" will be served once and for all in O.J.'s case. He deserves to "ROT" in jail !!!!!!

September 30, 2008, 11:20 am CDT

One more thing.....

Not to mention that O.J. had began some medication that made him swell up a bit...of course the gloves wouldn't fit then.
Furthermore, we also ALL know that leather gloves that have been soaken wet will shrink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wasn't that brought up ??????????

September 30, 2008, 11:47 am CDT

money

Quote From: mslisa158

I agree with you to a degree. O. J. Simpson isn'tgoing to come on this show. For one Dr. Phil would be really put out on front street for bringing him on. I totally agree with you about the racially motivated issue here. This is only about money and if thi man would have been white would they be going on the way that they are. NO!!!!!!

I do not belive that race has anything to do with going after some ones money, not in this case.

I really do belive that irregardless of what race the person was that they belive commited a atrocious act of murder, and that person had a lot of money, they would do the same thing that they are already doing.

It can not "only be about money" but race is a issue too, it does not make sense.

I suppose people can believe it is racially motivated, that is their perogative, however, I agree with your statement that, "This is only about money."

just to add what i believe, i do belive that OJ did commit the crimes he was accused of, and there wa a serious breech of justice, and my heart goes out to Nicholes and oj's children. It is really sad that there is so much air time dedicated to the money, and nothing about how these children are or what is going on for them, or what is being done for them.

September 30, 2008, 11:57 am CDT

Honestly

Quote From: bscialabba

I am tired of seeing the Goldmans. They once again are making the talk show circuit. To re-release the book because OJ is in trial, smells of money hungry to me.

I won't be watching your show this week when they are the guests.

I have never bought the book, and nor will I. I think the only reason I would even contemplate buying this book is for one reason. One the proceeds were going towards Victims of violent crimes. Thats it thats all, i would not buy it for curiousity, entertainment, or just to say that yea I read the book.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last