Message Boards

Topic : 10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Number of Replies: 54
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 26, 2008, 02:39:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3
Dr. Phil continues his biggest weight loss project to date, with six teams of two competing in a race across the country to drop pounds and inches. After the first grueling challenge in Hollywood, the teams check into the Dr. Phil House, where many surprises await. Head trainer Robert Reames explains their new personalized meal system based on Dr. Phil’s Rapid Start Plan, but can the teams resist the House’s plentiful snack foods? Then, after their first workout with their trainers on the beach in Malibu, Dr. Phil flies in via helicopter to review Key #2 of his 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom: Healing Feelings. Richard confronts his emotions over the painful loss of two loved ones for whom he hasn’t properly grieved. Can his brother, Jeff, convince him how much he’s loved and needed? Dr. Phil admonishes Phil and Tiffany for the negative names they call each other, and confronts Lauren about how much she criticizes her twin, Joe. Will the competitors stop medicating themselves with food and learn permanent healthy lifestyle realignment? Join the weight loss movement, and vote for your favorite teams and trainers! Ultimate Weight Loss Race  Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 1, 2008, 1:14 pm CDT

I'm on Joe's side

Quote From: netney34

Its a good thing twins dont share personalities! My sister is my biggest cheerleader. Lauren just showed all of america what Joe has ben up against. I will root for you Joe, your sister has her need to appear correct all the time above her making sure to support you, maybe she will realize that soon. Until then keep supporting her, she obviously has self esteem issues as well. You can do this. Good Luck!

DONT LISTEN to Laurens "gotta say the last word crap"..........be the man you are and be strong with Dr Phil's help.

October 1, 2008, 1:29 pm CDT

Comments about the show

Ok, First and foremeost THANK YOU DR. PHIL! They say that obesity is at an all time high and that it will be the number one killer of people in the coming years should it not get it back into control.

Diets don't WORK!..the first three letters spell die..hello! And oh my gosh are they so very bad for your health to be a constant yo-yo dieter. Also by no means am dismissing eating disorders, it's just the opposite problem these people have however.

I did want to comment to Lauren..my gosh you are awful defensive..WHY? Are you scared Joe is going to tell your family secrets? Well guess what..WE all (Yes all of us) have them. Have you ever heard the saying that the 'truth will set you free'? I really truly hope that you will drop your defenses long enough to see not only your brother, but yourself.

Speaking of which, I believe all eating problems are at the root caused by NOT looking inside for the answer. Instead let's stuff it down inside with a brownie, or cake . That never works, because eventually the 'answer' will find some way/how to come up to the surface. I personally have just realized this recently , that I eat so I don't feel lonely. And I grew up in a home where love was shown via food..but I choose a better healthier option now. I actually ask myself before I put something in my mouth..are you really hungry or are you trying to avoid___?

I am concerned about the food on the show..because my understanding is that they have proved that once again that basically you become 'addicted ' to it. And I wonder why they (producers) didn't choose to go with natural and /or healthful options that everyday people could get at a supermarket or grocery store.

Picture yourself as you want yourself to look, and it will happen.

Tammie S. Manis

October 1, 2008, 1:47 pm CDT

Snacks left around Dr. Phil house

Quote From: nicolassnana

As to snacks being avaliable to the dieters in the house.
These people are not going to always be in Dr.  Phil's house and they are going to be around sancks in the stores and resturants, so they are going to need to learn SELF CONTROL.

I am loosing weight due to medical reasons and can tell you it is hard to go to the store and not buy the cakes and cookies, but if I want to be successful I hve to have SELF CONTROL. I have done my research and found fresh foods that remove the desire for sugar and caffine. It takes me hours to buy food due to reading everything I buy, but it is what I have to do to stay on the right road.

SO the words for the day should be SELF CONTROL
not  MAKE IT EASY FOR ME

What you're not getting is that Dr. Phil has supposedly said to "failure-proof" your home.  So the question is why were snacks left around the house if you're supposed to failure-proof your home?

October 1, 2008, 2:19 pm CDT

I thought he siad that too, lol

Quote From: KathySue

What you're not getting is that Dr. Phil has supposedly said to "failure-proof" your home.  So the question is why were snacks left around the house if you're supposed to failure-proof your home?

I recall some show were obesity was being discussed and how to take steps to overcome it.

I thought one of the steps to take was to take unhealthy foods and snacks from your home, and to make them harder to get. Yes it is true that a person has to go to the grocery store to buy food, but i found if i eat a healthy snack before I go shopping my groceries look a lot different when i get home, low and behold it actually looks like I got what my list said I needed lol.

I don't know need some clarification about what the purpose of this was would be a good thing.

Tammy

October 1, 2008, 2:56 pm CDT

You Have Inspired me today

This is for the gentlemen that is on the orange team. I can relate to your weight  issue. I just lost my father who I took care of for a very long time due to my dad having cancer. I lost both my parents to cancer and my dad had  only been gone for 21/2 years. My father died with all of his family at his bed side at home and I took it very hard just like you have. I was watching the show today crying with you and when I seen you and your brother talking face to face I said to myself well Donna let this be a message to you also. When Dr. Phil said to you  is this what your dad would have wanted you to be doing. Well after seeing you today I made up my mind to do this with you. You have inspired me to do this and I am going to do it. You will make your dad and grandmother happy because they are watching you and they are with you every step of the way. Go fight and you will win because I am going to make this happen for me also. I will be watching Dr. Phil show just to keep looking for you.  Just move on and keep fight.  If you look on the message board I see people fighting for you so go fight and win as they say. Lets do it.

October 1, 2008, 3:08 pm CDT

Lauren is Out of Control

Quote From: eddiei

DONT LISTEN to Laurens "gotta say the last word crap"..........be the man you are and be strong with Dr Phil's help.

Lauren is a self involved miserable witch!  She is the queen of negative. She has a sense of entitlement that makes me sick.  Don't listen to her, she is so miserable that she wants to bring you down too!

October 1, 2008, 3:18 pm CDT

From Donna

Quote From: anniewings

This is to the gentleman on the team (orange shirts), (the larger of  the two brothers.)

I think it's really great you are doing this challenge, I'am sorry I did not catch your name.

You seem to be a really nice person, and you can tell how much your brother loves you.

So don't give up you can do it!!!

P.S. you are very handsome! even with the weight! Imagine how great you will lokk when your done if your face is this beautiful now.

Well any way good luck, If you need someone to talk to, email me.

Annie J

Hi Annie J,

I totally agree with everything in your message. I did email one to Joe also. Let's hope Joe can read them.

Donna S

October 1, 2008, 4:01 pm CDT

God, I hate being overweight!

It's a pain to be fat. Its not just emotional, its physical. I have a couple of bad discs in my back, I have breathing problems . I hate the FEEL of the fat. I hate the look of it.I have been losing weight. I have made some changes in my eating habits that I know will be for the rest of my life.I've had to let go of some good old friends(goodbye my coke-I'll miss you! Goodbye, Mars bars- you made me feel good for a minute) Oh, I could go on and on....

October 1, 2008, 4:33 pm CDT

Good Job!!

Congratulations to everyone that went on this show, and the participants.  I can't say that I would of had the nerve to do as you do.  I was wondering if everyone there had a Level one sleep study through an accredited laboratory to look for Apnea, so perhaps, they could boost their energy level???
   To the one black haired sister,,,,,have some grace to stay silent please, whilst your brother is talking, given half a chance you could learn something...just a thought

Thanks Mary Ann

October 1, 2008, 4:59 pm CDT

Talk to your Dad through a psychic

This is for Richard and his brother Jeff.  I know how you feel, you can have a closure by takling to your dad through a psychic. I donot know if you beleive in psychic or not , but I do. There is one Lisa williams who came on OPRAH's show.  If you need one please email me . I know some one who is very good. You can communicate  with the psychic through the phone also. I hope you try this one. You won't regret this.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last