Message Boards

Topic : 10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Number of Replies: 54
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 26, 2008, 02:39:06 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3
Dr. Phil continues his biggest weight loss project to date, with six teams of two competing in a race across the country to drop pounds and inches. After the first grueling challenge in Hollywood, the teams check into the Dr. Phil House, where many surprises await. Head trainer Robert Reames explains their new personalized meal system based on Dr. Phil’s Rapid Start Plan, but can the teams resist the House’s plentiful snack foods? Then, after their first workout with their trainers on the beach in Malibu, Dr. Phil flies in via helicopter to review Key #2 of his 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom: Healing Feelings. Richard confronts his emotions over the painful loss of two loved ones for whom he hasn’t properly grieved. Can his brother, Jeff, convince him how much he’s loved and needed? Dr. Phil admonishes Phil and Tiffany for the negative names they call each other, and confronts Lauren about how much she criticizes her twin, Joe. Will the competitors stop medicating themselves with food and learn permanent healthy lifestyle realignment? Join the weight loss movement, and vote for your favorite teams and trainers! Ultimate Weight Loss Race  Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 2, 2008, 4:46 pm CDT

thankyou

Quote From: vasunathan

This is for Richard and his brother Jeff.  I know how you feel, you can have a closure by takling to your dad through a psychic. I donot know if you beleive in psychic or not , but I do. There is one Lisa williams who came on OPRAH's show.  If you need one please email me . I know some one who is very good. You can communicate  with the psychic through the phone also. I hope you try this one. You won't regret this.
jeff here from the (orange team) just wanted to say thankyou and we appreciate the offer. it has definately been tuff to deal with even after all these years. but we are doing soo much better since that day at the beach and can't thank Dr.Phil enough for helping us cop and confront our emotions. thankyou once again sir and godbless.

October 2, 2008, 4:56 pm CDT

Thankyou For Your Kind Words

Quote From: donuts

This is for the gentlemen that is on the orange team. I can relate to your weight  issue. I just lost my father who I took care of for a very long time due to my dad having cancer. I lost both my parents to cancer and my dad had  only been gone for 21/2 years. My father died with all of his family at his bed side at home and I took it very hard just like you have. I was watching the show today crying with you and when I seen you and your brother talking face to face I said to myself well Donna let this be a message to you also. When Dr. Phil said to you  is this what your dad would have wanted you to be doing. Well after seeing you today I made up my mind to do this with you. You have inspired me to do this and I am going to do it. You will make your dad and grandmother happy because they are watching you and they are with you every step of the way. Go fight and you will win because I am going to make this happen for me also. I will be watching Dr. Phil show just to keep looking for you.  Just move on and keep fight.  If you look on the message board I see people fighting for you so go fight and win as they say. Lets do it.

i cannot tell you how much it means for both me and richard to hear such nice words from someone like yourself. going through this whole process as painful as it has been has really opened our eyes to how we were acting and just being selfish with our weight and emotions. i know my father and grandmother would not have wanted us to act the way we were,but hopefully now they are smiling down on us and seeing how hard we have both worked and will continue to do so. you as well. any questions you have that maybe we can help with or anything at all. just let me and my brother know and we will all help one another on this journey. once gain thankyou for your support.

sincerely, Jeff Jackson

October 2, 2008, 6:20 pm CDT

For Lauren

I was very disappointed in your response to Dr.Phil and your brother when you interrupted him.  Dr.Phil was talking to your brother, not you and you tried to take over. The fact that you take your brother's feelings so personally tell me you are defensive and must have some feeling of guilt. I think you should be embarrassed about how you are coming across on the show. At first you were my favorite team but not anymore. I feel you will always struggle with your weight as long as you are so angry.  I do hope to see a change in your attitude before the season is over.

October 2, 2008, 7:04 pm CDT

10/01 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Quote From: tlpiggy5

I watched the show today. It wasn't what I expected. But it sure got to the root of the problem. It sure took me for a loop when a husband calls his wife a fat b****. Call me naive but how can someone do that to the one they love? The two brothers was heartbreaking.  Good to hear that we're not crazy when we talk to over deceased parents. There are still times when I'll reach for the phone to tell my mom something then realize she's gone. Now that they got to the root of their overeating they can look at eating in a totally different way.

It also took me for a loop that all their meals are already prepared. Not really sure what they'll learn for that. I was expecting them to learn how to prepare meals for them self.

I can't wait for the next show to see what direction it's going to take.  Good luck to all the couples. Hang in there believe in yourself and you'll make it.

I am Phil from the green team, I understand why you'd be thrown for a loop by me calling my wife a fat b! I have no need to make excusses for the things that have happened in the past. I am not proud of some of my past comments and actions, however I am proud that I had the courage to take my wife on the Dr. Phil show and take the well deserved lump from my actions from Dr. Phil. I am also proud of the fact that I am man enough to know that what I was saying to my wife was hurtful and took action to correct the problem. I home you continue to watch the show and you'll see that the journey brought Tiffany and I closer together.

Respectfully,

Phil Dixon

October 2, 2008, 8:21 pm CDT

Well Hello!

Quote From: anniewings

This is to the gentleman on the team (orange shirts), (the larger of  the two brothers.)

I think it's really great you are doing this challenge, I'am sorry I did not catch your name.

You seem to be a really nice person, and you can tell how much your brother loves you.

So don't give up you can do it!!!

P.S. you are very handsome! even with the weight! Imagine how great you will lokk when your done if your face is this beautiful now.

Well any way good luck, If you need someone to talk to, email me.

Annie J

Annie,

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. I have been in really good shape before. I was a soldier in the U.S. Army. I was also really athletic growing up. I miss looking the way i used to and this show has definetly woken me up. I am well on my way and will never give up! Gotta get back in shape, find me a special woman, and have a couple of little ones! And bye the way you dont look so bad yourself!

Your Friend,

Richard Jackson{the larger one}lol!

October 3, 2008, 5:38 pm CDT

Please accept my apology

Quote From: jeffreyjackson

i don't understand what you mean? everyone on the show is giving 100 %! maybe you are watching a different show than all of us but from what i saw and being on the show in person, i know that every team busted their ass and worked extremely hard! hopefully in the next couple of weeks and mos. you will come to see how hard we all worked and strived to better ourselves.

Gentlemen,

Please accept my apology.  I saw things that frustrated me on the show but I promise to keep a more open mind as I watch the rest of the challenge.  We can all read e-mails in different ways but please know that I am being very sincere. 

I also know that there is no way that you could have known that I am a gal.  My name is Dana.  I realize that my name also doesn't help to know that I am a girl, but I am, I promise : )

Good luck to ALL of you.

Dana Huller

October 6, 2008, 11:28 am CDT

Quote From: shoshanaf

I was very disappointed in your response to Dr.Phil and your brother when you interrupted him.  Dr.Phil was talking to your brother, not you and you tried to take over. The fact that you take your brother's feelings so personally tell me you are defensive and must have some feeling of guilt. I think you should be embarrassed about how you are coming across on the show. At first you were my favorite team but not anymore. I feel you will always struggle with your weight as long as you are so angry.  I do hope to see a change in your attitude before the season is over.

I think Lauren's attitude sucked. And, let's not forget it didn't start with last week's show. She was bossing Joe around during the challenge in LA, too. I agree with you. Until Lauren loses the "tude", I doubt she'll be losing much weight.

October 6, 2008, 11:50 am CDT

READ THOSE LABELS, FOLKS

Be sure to read every label on everything. You might find sugar where you least expect it. Today, I was looking for dark red kidney beans for chili. I picked up a can of Hanover beans. Read the nutritional label. And, there was sugar in them! Needless to say, I put them back on the shelf! As for canned fruit in passion fruit nectar, which suggests no added sugar, think again. Some of it does have sugar. And, if it says sweetened with Splenda on the package, it often isn't the only sweetener. There's often acesulfame K, and/or such sugar alcohols as manitol and sorbitol as well. And, even some of the items on the HRCHY list in Dr Phil's food guide, such as Yoplait Light yogurt, have high fructose corn syrup which his nutritionist says to avoid. Some of the cold cuts on this list are loaded with preservatives and sodium, too. So, even if it's on Dr Phil's HRCHY list, read the label. It could have stuff you don't want to put in your body. I plan on starting Dr Phil's 14 day rapid start program on Wednesday. And, I'll be driving 50 miles to the nearest Earth Fare for some crap-free turkey sausage links. Those at the local grocery stores are full of high sodium preservatives.

October 6, 2008, 7:48 pm CDT

The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 3

Whatever anyone does DO NOT DRINK SODAS. Sodas have the purest form of sugar in them that is very bad for your body. One soda is Bad. Imagine some people out there can drink 5 or 10 of those a day

THAT IS SICKENING.............

October 7, 2008, 8:45 pm CDT

Quote From: mmoten

I find it very courageous for these people to be doing this show, it takes alot to make yourself that vulnerable and while trying to lose weight. I wanted so badly to do the weight loss challange but just didn't have the self esteem to try for it. I have always been like a yo-yo with my weight from a child and still struggle everyday with it. I have been very ill for the past 3 years and now i am just getting to the point where i can do some exercise now. I eat very well but its the moving that really helps to lose the weight and keep it off. I think that Dr.Phil and his whole staff should be very much rewarded with doing a show like this again. It really does motivate others even if it is from your own couch to get up and do something about your weight and to stop making excuses for your life but to just do it!!! I could really use some tips on more creative weight loss meals if anyone has some to share. Thanks!! please post them

thanks for the kind words and your support. you can start by getting Kashi cereal and Kashi snack bars,they are both healthy and full of great fiber and protein. a huge thing we learned is that fruits and food containing fiber help suppress your appetite. a couple of things you could make for dinner is any kind of fish,(salmon and halibut) being probably the best. put that in a pan with a little olive oil,add some garlic and paprika and a little pepper,or whatever spices you want to it. remember that spices help boost your metabolism as well. also get brown rice rice, which is way healthier than regular rice. also you can eat as many non-starchy vegetables as you want for dinner or lunch. if you have steaks or beef,try to get the leaneast cuts of meat with hardly any fat that you can. chicken breast,turkey breast, and fish are the healthies things you can cook and they don't take that long to prepare. for a snack about 12 almonds and an apple are great,or having 1 Kashi bar. no dessert after dinner. but if you must have something sweet,raspberries or bluberries are great and high in fiber. hopefully i have helped you somewhat. if you have any other questions or want more recipe ideas just let me know. or you can e-mail me at uclabruins34@msn.com. have a good evening and godbless

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last