Message Boards

Topic : 10/08 The O.J. Simpson Verdict

Number of Replies: 93
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:15:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
O.J. Simpson was found guilty on all charges, including kidnapping and assault, in connection with the robbery of two memorabilia collectors at a Las Vegas hotel. Now that a verdict has been reached, Dr. Phil continues his coverage of a trial that is dominating headlines. Hear from Fred and Kim Goldman, the late Ron Goldman's father and sister. How do they feel about the recent news? Then, some of the jurors who delivered the guilty verdict discuss their decision and thoughts on the case. Find out what they say weighed heavily on their decision. And, Dr. Phil talks to Thomas Riccio, a key witness in the Vegas trial. Did Thomas sell the former sports star down the river for his own profit, or was he simply telling the truth about his involvement? Plus, legal analyst and host of In Session's Open Court, Lisa Bloom, and civil litigation attorney, Areva Martin, weigh in with their opinions. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2008, 7:59 am CDT

IIT IS ABOUT TIME THAT MAN GOT WHAT HE HAD COMING

Finaly justic was served that man should never ever think of his color or celb background he should get by with the devils hand God got him his justic where justic needs to be served

October 7, 2008, 8:02 am CDT

"Guilty Verdict"

Dr. Phil

I was watching the trial just about everyday, not sure of all the details, but I honestly believe that if O.J. Simpson goes to jail, the rest of his so called "friends" should go with him. Mr. Riccio was saving himself when he testified against O.J, it doesn't take a rocket scientists to figure this one out. My heart and Prayers go out to Mr. Goldman and his daughter for their loss, it was a very sad tragedy. Ron Goldman was only trying to help Nicole and being the good person that he was it cost him his life. "God Bless the Goldman family"

Linda

October 7, 2008, 8:05 am CDT

waste.......................

Quote From: ramair

I think Dr Phil ought to air this show on the the 7th. And cancel the other one. Why waste air time on a trial that's already over?
I am with you...we are over o.j.  stop wasting time on such a sorry excuse of a man.........so many other need you Dr Phil !!!

October 7, 2008, 8:12 am CDT

The show

Dear Dr. Phil

I did post a response to the O.J post-trial, but forgot to mention " I love your show and all the kind things that you do to find the resourses to help other people to get their life back on track, God Bless You and your wife.

linda

October 7, 2008, 8:47 am CDT

Well.......

Quote From: vtscuffer

Back in the late 80's, early '90s I had the pleasure of working with O.J. on the show HBO First and TEN...He was extremely friendly and a good person...although his sexcapades with Shannon Tweed on set were a little strange to view...(Hands up her skirt and all.) The man because of his charm duped America into a love with him and (America) lost all reason in dis-liking this guy...The intelligent half of the United States knew he was guilty, while the others screamed racism that the world wanted to railroad another innocent black man into jail during the trial 13 years ago...So anyway, Juice was a wonderful football player, a good actor, both in fantasy and reality when it came to his trial, those who loved O.J. believed him, and still do...His behavior though, despite his appeal to may people has finally caught up with him...The jury found him guilty this time...and despite his good contributions to the real world...the man is going to jail for life, not because of his non-violent but wrongful behavior in getting back his things...but they are going to lock him away for life because so many know of his guilt in murdering Nicole and Goldman...Justice was not served 13 years ago...but his association to the former trial will give O'J a life sentence...The past does not carry over from trial to trial, or it isn't suppose too, but nevertheless, O.J. can no longer escape the consequenses of his actions, despite his overwhelming guilt this time around...The man may win on his appeal, because how does someone like O.J. ever get a fair trial anymore...I think he deserves to be in jail for 5-10, but he may walk out of this on appeal because no one can claim O.J. can ever get a fair trial...anywhere, anytime...payback may be a get out of jail free card undr the Constitutional Right to a fair trial...He could walk, so anything can happen here, and "it ain't over until the fat lady sings."  And despite his convictions on all 12 counts, he may be golfing in a few months...His Giant Ego My Yet Survive...Count on O.J. being down, But he is NEVER out...

I do think that O.J. will get what he deserves this time around!!!!!!!!!!!

If he doesn't who knows....... there might be a "riot" in the streets of Las Vegas. People do have ENOUGH of criminals getting away with crime !!!

I sure the hell hope that he will be "OUT" for good this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 7, 2008, 9:58 am CDT

so dumb

Quote From: pens2007

You are now going to waste another day on OJ?  Would you like me to come up with a few new show ideas?

October 7, 2008, 10:36 am CDT

FINALLY!!

We can all hope that this will be the end of having to deal with this sorry excuse of a man.

Unfortunately it isn't over yet.  I will be so disappointed if he doesn't do the approiprate time that he needs to serve.  He is so slimmy that he slips throuth the cracks too often and I pray that won't happen this time.

Does anyone remember that Saturday Night Live, right after the verdict that he came out and acted out the slashing of Ron and Nicole.  First of all I didn't know he would be on there or I wouldn't have tuned in.  I watched that with my mouth hanging open, I couldn't believe it!  I did turn it off afterward but when I mentioned it to people no one I knew saw it.

October 7, 2008, 12:08 pm CDT

OJ Simpson Verdict

Respectfully he was found guilty as he did not follow the law, but I believe no matter what he has always been a marked-man.

As far as the Goldman family goes, they annoy me, so sad that they lost their son/brother, but that family is using his death for fame/monies/etc.  and I find that so wrong.  You do not see Nicoles family on TV shows, etc., making monies off their daughter/sister's death, but the Goldman's are right their, they are getting me sick and feel their son who is in the heavens are annoyed with them. 

October 7, 2008, 12:41 pm CDT

goldmans are u finally happy

like hell the jury,was fair. no all white jury will ever be fair to o.j. if they had just one black person on that jury maybe then i would agree....yall all are just still pissed off. i still have no sympathy for the goldmans,because they overplayed their shi#

October 7, 2008, 12:43 pm CDT

enough

Quote From: ramair

I think Dr Phil ought to air this show on the the 7th. And cancel the other one. Why waste air time on a trial that's already over?
Entirely enough time has been spent on this subject. That he has been found guilty is great but we need to close this subject.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last