Message Boards

Topic : 10/08 The O.J. Simpson Verdict

Number of Replies: 93
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:15:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
O.J. Simpson was found guilty on all charges, including kidnapping and assault, in connection with the robbery of two memorabilia collectors at a Las Vegas hotel. Now that a verdict has been reached, Dr. Phil continues his coverage of a trial that is dominating headlines. Hear from Fred and Kim Goldman, the late Ron Goldman's father and sister. How do they feel about the recent news? Then, some of the jurors who delivered the guilty verdict discuss their decision and thoughts on the case. Find out what they say weighed heavily on their decision. And, Dr. Phil talks to Thomas Riccio, a key witness in the Vegas trial. Did Thomas sell the former sports star down the river for his own profit, or was he simply telling the truth about his involvement? Plus, legal analyst and host of In Session's Open Court, Lisa Bloom, and civil litigation attorney, Areva Martin, weigh in with their opinions. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2008, 2:25 pm CDT

OJ

Surprised at some of the vitriolic comments that OJ didnt get a fair trial, due to race ~ and anger against the Goldman's. This man committed two heinous murders 13 years ago, got away with it. I've never believed in karma but if i were to, this is a dang good example. Also, thank you for the continued updates on Casey Anthony, Dr. Phil. You bring out issues in this story that many overlook (another guilty person going free, and COMPLAINING? because house arrest is 'too confining')?

October 7, 2008, 4:24 pm CDT

OJ verdict

Was very happy with the verdict; too bad that the prosecution in his murder trial was so unprepared, else this Vegas case would never have occured.  Would be interesting to find out how Mark Furman (former LA cop involved in first trial) thinks about this verdict.  He moved to Sandpoint, ID after first trial, and so far as I know, he still lives there..

October 7, 2008, 5:53 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor J.O. Phil/R0obin Simpson VERDICT. Oh boy Doctor Phil I whish this would never happen but I am-

glad J.O. Simpsiom isin jail for kipnapped and robbery. See ou on Wednesday October 08th, 2008. Since-

rley Youer. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 7, 2008, 7:24 pm CDT

Guilty as charged.....but for which crime?

"If I Did It" was a confession. No one who wasn't guilty would have the gall to write such a detailed account of the double murder. He's finally getting what he deserves, albeit, 13 yrs. too late. I just hope when he receives his sentence he's put into the general population with other hardened criminals and not into some "Holiday Inn"-type of prison like Patty Hearst! This is a man who COMMITTED A CRIME! He needs to be locked up for the current (as well as the prior) wrong doings! He used to be a great football hero but he's only human and he sold his soul to the devil. Now he needs to learn that he can be brought down off that pedestal and that he's no-one special.  Lock him up & throw away the key!

October 7, 2008, 8:30 pm CDT

I have seen the countenance of pure evil and it's name is O. J. Simpson

Quote From: angel111999

Yeeesssssaaaaahhhh!

He has finally getting what he deserves!

He has always thought he had the "POWER" to avoid the judicial system from ever convicting him of anything he has done that was against the law. Now he has been found "GUILTY"!

Well, instead of going around bulling people and doing whatever he wants, he will be in prision "FINALLY"!
His golfing days are over.

Angel :)

No, he really has not gotten what he deserves, but at least THIS jury was not afraid to return a just verdict.

Donna

October 8, 2008, 3:47 am CDT

wasting time

Quote From: sherylday

I am really becoming disenchanted with the Dr. Phil show this season.

This sensationalist garbage needs to stop or you are going to lose a long time viewer.

I don't care about OJ Simpson. Never have.

I am probably one of the few people in the world who DID NOT watch his car chase, his trial, or this trial...

Time is the most precous thing we have in this world. Stop wasting mine.

Sheryl

i agree w/u sheryl.  there is so much going on.  important issues.  we r wasting time w/a confessed murder.  i, too, never wasted time with the oj circus, because i saw the jury, and KNEW he would never be convicted.  The blacks are always screaming about racism, that trial was RACISM in it's purest form. 

October 8, 2008, 6:54 am CDT

frame up?

I don't care about OJ but i am bummed that he was convicted in Vegas.

Vegas Metro is the most corrupt police force in the US.  A couple of years ago the (drunk) swat team beat up a couple of computer consultant/conventioneers in a night club.  That cost Vega sabout $3 million.  There was an off-duty cop who took his pickup out to look for gangbangers.  After shooting one he got life.   Another cop made people have sex while he watched in a lover's lane.  Another off duty cop shot at people from his motorcycle on Lake Mead Blvd. (Busy street) .  I don't know what the cops have done lately but my first reaction when I heard OJ was arrested in Vegas was "Frame."

In the last couple years 3 county commissioners have gone to jail for corruption.  The mayor is a former mob lawyer (but a fun guy).

Why don't you do a show on/ Vegas, DR. Phil?

October 8, 2008, 9:29 am CDT

10/08 The O.J. Simpson Verdict

Quote From: kiminmaine

I hope O.J. gets the largest sentence possible and does many years in jail.

I have been following the whole O.J. thing via The Dr. Phil Show....and the question that always comes up in my mind is, "what about his children?" I know they are older now, but I wonder how they are coping with the book that he wrote, among the other books that have come out recently written by others. I hope they have good therapy and are mostly with Nicole's family.

God bless his kids.

I imagine his kids are quite aware of their father's guilt and are most likely ashamed of him...after all, he killed their mother. That's probably why they keep a low profile. I sure would if I were in their place....although they did nothing wrong, of course, and should be able to hold up their heads. Who wants to be an innocent child of a despicable parent, and be in the media circus spotlight?

The whole thing is disgusting, and sad for all concerned!

October 8, 2008, 9:38 am CDT

I see how it is

I sent a message making the point that the reaction by the blacks to this verdict shows just how rascist and bigoted they really are. It did not get posted. Since it would appear to be pointless, I will not repost it. But the fact that it did not make the message board speaks volumes.

October 8, 2008, 11:21 am CDT

OJ Trail in Las Vegas

I was living in California, when Nicole & Ron were murdered, and happened to be in Manhattan Beach, (near the 405 freeway), during the Bronco chase. Like many others, I followed the trial, and always believed that he committed the murders. Fast forward 15 years, I now live in Las Vegas, and learned several weeks ago, that OJ was staying near my home in Summerlin, and frequenting the local restaurants that  we go to. Coincidentally, one of the hotels he was having breakfast in, is also owned by the same people who own Palace Station. Glad he's in jail for something, and hopefully he'll never get out.

Dr. Phil, even though the murders were 15 years ago, thank you for keeping the Goldman's story alive. That was a great show last night and I'm a BIG fan!! If you ever want to do shows about the real estate drama, please let me know!! :)

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last