Message Boards

Topic : 10/08 The O.J. Simpson Verdict

Number of Replies: 93
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:15:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
O.J. Simpson was found guilty on all charges, including kidnapping and assault, in connection with the robbery of two memorabilia collectors at a Las Vegas hotel. Now that a verdict has been reached, Dr. Phil continues his coverage of a trial that is dominating headlines. Hear from Fred and Kim Goldman, the late Ron Goldman's father and sister. How do they feel about the recent news? Then, some of the jurors who delivered the guilty verdict discuss their decision and thoughts on the case. Find out what they say weighed heavily on their decision. And, Dr. Phil talks to Thomas Riccio, a key witness in the Vegas trial. Did Thomas sell the former sports star down the river for his own profit, or was he simply telling the truth about his involvement? Plus, legal analyst and host of In Session's Open Court, Lisa Bloom, and civil litigation attorney, Areva Martin, weigh in with their opinions. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2008, 1:20 pm CDT

10/08 The O.J. Simpson Verdict

Every one is talking about oj, i just wonder how his kids are doing because they lost their mom because of their dad and even though he was found not guilty fo the murders they have had to grow up hearing that their dad killed their mom and now they have to sit here and watch their dad go to jail for who now how long im not saing that he should not go to jail for what he did i just hope they are not damiged from having to go through everything they have been through.

October 8, 2008, 1:24 pm CDT

tabloid titillation

let me start my saying i am an huge fan of this show. i have defended dr phil with family & friend since his oprah guest appearance days. i believe regardless of how his personal lifes circumstance, he has a tremendous gift to give.  people can get a lot of positive reenforcement paying attention to the show. having said that, this tabloid topic show with the OJ crap really makes me disappoint in the show.  i can't believe that someone with the integrity that i presumed dr phil held would rehash such garbage.  oj simpson is going to jail fine can we move on?  and jeeezzzz one day wasn't enough we were given the privilege of 2 shows dedicated to what? showing the world that we got him? i just don't get it.

what i found kind of sad & a bit hypocritical is the conversation with the goldman's about their relentless pursuit of oj over the last 13 years.  how does their diligence to make oj's life miserable sit with the dr. phil "move on" motto? i can't beleive i heard phil congradulating the goldman's on being obsessed with the destruction of a no good piece of human being. isn't that the universes job?

the level of denial throughout the show was surprising as well. how on earth could anybody be objective about anything related to oj simpson.  my suspicions were compounded when phil asked was the payback theory ever in the room? was the juror suppose to say, "well yes it was dr phil, but we made sure it didn't have any influence." unbelievable!

October 8, 2008, 1:24 pm CDT

O.J Simpson

It is illiegal to try an individual twice for the same crime, it is called double jebordy, and this is what I believed happened in this case.  It is not possible for OJ Simpson to receive a fair trial anywhere concerning anything due to the media exposure in regards to the murder trail.  Regardless you how you feel about the murders, he committed them or he didn't, this should have not had anything to do with this case, but it was.  There are many people out there who were angry that he was not found guilty 13 years ago and this was a great opportunity to get back at him.  I don't know if he committed the murders, I was not there, I don't know if he committed the crimes in Las Vegas, again I was not there, what I do know is this; how can a BLACK man be tried in the United States of America and not have 1 black juror on the case? Is this America or some third world country.  Dr Phil you are wrong for stating you are excited about the guilty verdict.  Where you there when the murders were committed? do you know for certain that he commited them? Come on let's be fair.  Okay some of the evidence use were picture of them coming into the hotel with buttton jackets and left with jackets unbotton, I was not aware that it is a crime to button and unbutton a jacket.  Were the on tape with the guns?

October 8, 2008, 1:29 pm CDT

10/08 The O.J. Simpson Verdict

Quote From: diamondhead

I just got done watching your show about O J simpson. let me tell ya>>>I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT THESE BLACK PEOPLE SAYING HOW UNFAIR IT WAS THAT THERE WERE NO BLACK PEOPLE ON THE JURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   you hear it everyday that how we shouldn't discrimanate against people!!! you got the idiot Al Sharpton on shows talking about how the black guy always gets the wrap for things. When are the BLACK people going to STOP using the RACIAL card to get their OWN WAY!!!!!!  this has NOTHING to do with WHITE OR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!  This has to do with O J Simpson and the decisions that he;s made in his life!!!!!!!!!!!  NO ONE else is responsible BUT HIM for where he is TODAY!!! Right where he belongs( IN JAIL)!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the black people NEED to apologize to MARK FURHMAN TOO!!!!!  that guy got as bad wrap!!!!! We have ALL made racial remarks in our lives at one point or another. I'm sure even Dr Phil has. Sorry dr Phil!!  BUT that cop Mark Furhman got a bad wrap I believe!!!!!!!!!!! And it all had to do with RACE!!! Stop using the race card everytime things don't go your way african americasn people!!!!! it's just like the unions too. I see it everyday where I work. The union is only used when it's at their advantage!!!!!! I'm SO SICK AND TIRED of people making up EXCUSES for their or other peoples behavior just because their the same color as you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's time to let the past go!!!! The past is the past. Stop using it everytime to your advantage when you need to play the RACE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He's GUILTY!!!!! thats what the jurors found!!! I don't care what the race was!!!!!!!!!!!  It's GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!
How would you feel if a white man was tried for a crime and the jury consisted of all blacks? would this not make a difference to you? I am a black women but I don't throw the race card around and I don't allow my children to do it either; however right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of who the person is.  Where you there when the murders were committed? did you see OJ pull the trigger? a jury found him not guilty and that is the end of that, we don't have to agree with the verdict but it is what it is.  This was just another way for society to get someone they felt got away with something the first time around.  I don't know if he is guilty or not, but I do know that he deserved a fair and impartial trial.

October 8, 2008, 1:41 pm CDT

Biased

Dr. Phil,

I respect others point of view, but it seems like the messages regarding your show about O.J. Simpson are not well-represented.  I am sure there are people who do not have revengeful thoughts and feelings, and hate for O.J. Simpson who watch your show and post on the message board.  None of the messages I have read so far about his recent trial represent other views.  It makes me wonder if certain views are deleted.  It is quite apparent from your show that you believe he is guilty of murder, even though he was acquitted.  Why is it that the verdict of the Las Vegas trial is correct, but the jury in 1995 who found him not guilty is incorrect?  If I am not mistaken and according to what many have said on the message board, both juries were "his peers."  Also, does anyone remember Robert Blake?  His wife was shot with his gun, in his car, and he was found not guilty.  No one really questions the verdict this jury gave and you never hear about Robert Blake anymore.  I find that to be interesting.  Yes, I agree that the decision Mr. Simpson made a year ago was not a good one. Unfortunately,  he has been a "target" by many for many years.  I have also read other message boards and blogs about this verdict, and the hateful, racist things that have been said are incredible, but not surprising.  We all have an opinion and neither one is right or wrong. 

October 8, 2008, 1:43 pm CDT

wow...your angry.

Quote From: diamondhead

I just got done watching your show about O J simpson. let me tell ya>>>I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT THESE BLACK PEOPLE SAYING HOW UNFAIR IT WAS THAT THERE WERE NO BLACK PEOPLE ON THE JURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   you hear it everyday that how we shouldn't discrimanate against people!!! you got the idiot Al Sharpton on shows talking about how the black guy always gets the wrap for things. When are the BLACK people going to STOP using the RACIAL card to get their OWN WAY!!!!!!  this has NOTHING to do with WHITE OR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!  This has to do with O J Simpson and the decisions that he;s made in his life!!!!!!!!!!!  NO ONE else is responsible BUT HIM for where he is TODAY!!! Right where he belongs( IN JAIL)!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the black people NEED to apologize to MARK FURHMAN TOO!!!!!  that guy got as bad wrap!!!!! We have ALL made racial remarks in our lives at one point or another. I'm sure even Dr Phil has. Sorry dr Phil!!  BUT that cop Mark Furhman got a bad wrap I believe!!!!!!!!!!! And it all had to do with RACE!!! Stop using the race card everytime things don't go your way african americasn people!!!!! it's just like the unions too. I see it everyday where I work. The union is only used when it's at their advantage!!!!!! I'm SO SICK AND TIRED of people making up EXCUSES for their or other peoples behavior just because their the same color as you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's time to let the past go!!!! The past is the past. Stop using it everytime to your advantage when you need to play the RACE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He's GUILTY!!!!! thats what the jurors found!!! I don't care what the race was!!!!!!!!!!!  It's GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i first just say that i am an african american & i as well as many other african americans believed in oj's guilt then & now. having said that. your anger seems way over the top. your making a statement about just one example of an injustice done, where there are countless example for americans black & white to make similar statements about where there have been dreadful injustices bestowed upon african americans. 

i frankly can't believe dr phil even had these 2 shows, i can't imagine why it was necessary to display all this stuff over again, can you?

as far as african americans using the race card? that' too is sometimes not always appropriate. i agree that it loses credibility when its use unjustly, but examine from whence it comes. you really have no idea what being african american is like in  a world that largely vilifies you 24/7. if you wanna "get it," pay attention to how you feel when you walk into a room where everone there is african american. yes the first 5 seconds, then imagine that your entire life, everyday, all day, feels just like that, then u have a glimpse into the average african american's experience of america.  if you can't even entertain this idea, then it say even more about your ability to be in denial or have apathy for others experiences. for that i am truly sorry.

October 8, 2008, 1:59 pm CDT

OJ Verdit

Hi...  Really enjoy watching your show.  But when your shows are about people like OJ I am not interested.  I do not understanding why the American public is even interested in giving this guy air time.  Don't understand why people dwell on talking about it. 

Thanks for listening. 

October 8, 2008, 2:03 pm CDT

I am so grateful that OJ is finally behind bars!!!

I agree with what Dr. Phil suggested ~ it was the hard work of the Goldmans that probably pushed OJ over the edge and into committing this crime.  And, I really believe that society owes the Goldmans a debt of gratitude for doing just that!  We're all a little safer now that he's locked up.

I remember finding it very upsetting when OJ was found not guilty of double murder, not just because a murderer was walking free, but because, I worried, that it would only be a matter of time before he hurt or even killed another person again.  And, certainly, throughout the years, there have been incidents, telltale signs of his violence (the road rage trial, etc.).  I thought, whether it be another 10, 15 or 20 years, there's a good chance that this guy could lose it and kill somebody else.  He obviously had no remorse for his first two murders, what would stop him from killing again?

That being said, I'm very glad that OJ got sent to prison before he could kill anybody else. 

There is no way to predict what could have been, but, this series of events leading to OJ's incarceration may well have saved someone else's life!

October 8, 2008, 2:05 pm CDT

I'm with you!

Quote From: sherylday

I am really becoming disenchanted with the Dr. Phil show this season.

This sensationalist garbage needs to stop or you are going to lose a long time viewer.

I don't care about OJ Simpson. Never have.

I am probably one of the few people in the world who DID NOT watch his car chase, his trial, or this trial...

Time is the most precous thing we have in this world. Stop wasting mine.

Sheryl

I really am pissed at the Dr.Phil show. I don't care about that man and I hope there is not a word about again after this! I definitely will not watch it.

October 8, 2008, 2:05 pm CDT

ENUFF of O.J. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tune in to Dr Phil yesterday and immediately changed the channel when i saw that the show was about O.J. Simpson. I really don't understand America's fascination with the mere mortal. He killed two people, went through the best justice system in world (yeah right) and got acquitted. The only people that should have any lasting feelings are the friends and families of his victims, and I REALLY hope that Dr Phil offered them some counseling in their communities to help them heal as much as possible from this tragedy and stopped parading them on TV every time something about O.J. comes up. I believe that O.J. was set up but it is the best thing that could have happen to him. P.S. Dr. Phil someone somewhere just committed murder and they will get away with it. What are you going to do?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last