Message Boards

Topic : 10/10 Child Sex Slaves

Number of Replies: 58
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:17:07 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Twenty-seven million people worldwide are the victims of modern-day slavery: They are forced into sex or back-breaking labor against their will. Most of the victims lured into this criminal world are innocent children -- maybe even your own. Last year, slave traders made more money than the profits of Google, Nike and Starbucks combined. A new documentary, Call + Response, features a few of  Hollywood's leading actresses who feel passionate about this injustice. United Nations Goodwill Ambassador and featured actress in the documentary, Julia Ormond, joins Dr. Phil to share her firsthand experience of witnessing human trafficking and what she -- and you -- can do to put an end to it. These atrocities are not only happening in other parts of the world. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 17,000 people are trafficked into the United States every year. The filmmaker behind Call + Response, Justin Dillon, goes undercover in San Francisco and discusses what he witnessed. Could it be happening in your home town? You might be surprised by what’s uncovered?. Then, police in Texas recently found a 16-year-old girl who was allegedly smuggled into the state with the promise of love, only to be locked in a house and forced to sell herself at least five nights a week. Hear from an FBI agent who sheds light on the case.  And, Tyamba was a straight-A student who ran away from home at 13 and was lured into a teenage prostitution ring. Find out how she broke free and what her life is like today. Plus, hear from women who were forced to be sex slaves in a sex ring, and meet two women fighting to help get child prostitutes off the street. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 13, 2008, 11:32 am CDT

Quick answers please

Just spent an hour looking for  QUICK answers. Didn't find any...

I believe at the end of the show DrP said something about contacting our congress  about a bill. Can't find info on the bill. Would be very helpful if there was already a letter on congress.org that I could send to the reps. Can someone help with this?

Why are the women and children always treated as the problem and the men walk away? If the men are enprisoned and prosecuted, lose their family and job, or have the risk then we could make much better headway with this. I'm tired of the men getting the girls/women hooked on drugs and the lifestyle and walking away from it.

BTW: I hate this website it has too many bells and whistles. Is too bloody slow and hard too use.

October 13, 2008, 10:59 pm CDT

Child Sex Slaves

Quote From: ktsetsi

I wrote an article recently on sex slavery and why women are such a palatable commodity, not only in other parts of the world, but in the United States. Advertising and media play no small role in helping us see women as objects for use - and misuse.

Gender experts and professionals in the field of women's studies contributed to the article.

Not an easy question to answer is why our country, considered by many to be a progressive nation at the forefront of securing individual human rights, is one of the principal destinations for 14,500 to 17,000 women and children trafficked annually for the purposes of slavery.

In a 2004 Trafficking in Persons Annual Report, Miller noted that information on slavery is inexact, but we believe that the majority of slave victims, in the neighborhood of 80 percent, are of the female gender. He added, We believe the largest category of slavery is sex slavery.

Ms. magazine reported in the summer of 2007 that sex trafficking is one of the most profitable crime industries in the world second only to the drug trade and that U.S. trafficking victims are most prevalent in New York, Texas, Florida, and California. The question now becomes, how is it females have come to be considered a viable, and apparently an even somewhat palatable, commodity, particularly in the United States?

To read the rest of article, go to
http://www.journalinquirer.com/articles/2008/10/02/airtime/doc48dbb5dae8457240505031.txt

-Kristen

Dear Dr. Phil,

I was moved to great lengths by your show on child sex slaves.  My heart cries for each one that has gone through this horrible sin.  That is what it is.  In the Bible it says that as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be when the Son of God returns.  There was all sorts of sexual sins back then and now today we see the same.  That was just one of the sins that God destroyed the earth for back then.  This is a horrendous sin that needs to be stopped but unless the hearts of man are turned back to God there will not be an end in sight.  There is one thing we can do.  The Word of God says that, "If my people which are called by my (GOD) name will humble themselves and pray, then will I hear from heaven and heal their land."  We need to fall on our faces before God, repent and pray.  We the American people have allowed this to go.  We have allowed the Bible to be taken out of the schools.  We have allowed killing of innocent life. And we have turned our backs on the sin in this land.  It is time for the people in America to wake up for the time is coming and soon will be that God will no longer strive with man as in the days of Noah.  God is a merciful and loving God but just as a father disciplines his children so will God discipline this nation if we do not turn from our wicked ways. 

Thank you so much for calling attention to this wide spread disease and hurt.  I pray that each and everyone of these wounded children will find peace one day and will be able to look forward with a hope of peace and safety once again.

I know that there is peace and life at the end of the journey and even now that they may have.  Being a former Sexual abuse victim I am here to tell all that have suffered at the hand of another, there is hope, there is forgiveness and there is even peace that only comes through the hands of the Lord.  He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother and you can crawl into the hands of God and be rest assured that you are safe and secure in his arms.  He will love you with an everylasting love, a safe love, a gentle love and you will find peace that passes all understanding, you will find a joy that is unspeakable and you will be able to trust once again.

Soldier4JC

October 15, 2008, 5:17 am CDT

Prostitution

Quote From: markbrown

If woman  knew  how to dress themself in Canada and USA and around the world it probably going to reduce the sex slave. Especially those yought one who wear t-shirts that say PLAYBOY and I bet you cannot touch them. For me there no different between a prostitution and a woman, their are basically the same think.  Sorry

What the man think about what I wrote.

October 15, 2008, 6:41 pm CDT

10/10 Child Sex Slaves

I will put $20 down that there are tons of men out there who will totally disagree and be disgusted by you. My boyfriend for example.

October 17, 2008, 8:45 pm CDT

10/10 Child Sex Slaves

My husband thinks you're a disgusting intellectually-challenged misogynist, so does my dad, my brother, my son, my nephews, and my uncles, my grandfathers are dead but I'm sure they would agree, as I'm sure Dr. Phil would, and any other male human that is a real man. Women are not property. You have no right to decide what they should or should not do. Men have no inherent right to a woman’s body. I will never understand why some males are so terrified of women. People like you allow these tragedies to continue and thrive.

October 29, 2008, 1:48 pm CDT

The real issue

Some LOSER is paying for those services!   If there was no demand for the service, if people weren't paying to have sex with all those missing and exploited children this wouldn't BE an issue.  Why don't we focus on all the perverts out there supporting this business.  Why?  Because it's embarrassing for their families or because there are too many out there.  Save the sex slave from the pimp?   What about the pedophile?  Why are grown men paying for sex anyway? 

November 18, 2008, 5:26 pm CST

10/10 Child Sex Slaves

I personally think your insane for saying that. But to each his own.

December 9, 2008, 12:55 am CST

Death Penalty not the answer

Watching the show which only screened today (9th December) in Australia it was spoilt when (and I don't know who she was) one of the guests suggested that the pimps being hanged would give a message to all others to "solve" this problem. The death penalty does not work and I am rather worried over the USA (one of the few western nations to still have the death penalty) when such a comment gets such an ovation in the call for blood. Those who live by the sword die by the sword.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next Page | Last Page