Message Boards

Topic : 10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Number of Replies: 128
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 03, 2008, 02:20:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
America was riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of the Casey Anthony case. Now the Florida mom is back in the news again. Casey was initially named a person of interest in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, but is now considered a suspect. Dr. Phil asks the questions that are on the minds of millions: Why hasn’t Casey been charged yet? Could the young mom somehow be involved in her child's disappearance? To help demystify the case is Lisa Bloom, renowned legal analyst and host of TruTv's In Session. Can Lisa help shed light on why Casey isn't behind bars? And, Dr. Phil examines another high-profile case that has captivated millions: the Las Vegas trial of O.J. Simpson. Fred and Kim Goldman, father and sister of the late Ron Goldman, weigh in on the fate of their nemesis. Now that the prosecution has rested its case against the former football star, the Goldmans express their hopes -- and fears -- for the verdict. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2008, 11:27 am CDT

NOW OJ.....

If it doesn't come out in the wash.....It will  come out in the rinse......

His former "agent" wrote a book after the last trial how one balmy evening how OJ and he were smoking a joint on his balcony after they went into his house and unloaded all the "Tiffany lamps, and all the other prize  possessions  CARS etc...

WHAT SCUMS HUH! 

(so)

The "GOLDMAN" family couldn't get any 

(And)... OJ admitted it in a veiled way what he had done...

It was his former agent who knew him for over 20 years. 

This was the only time he could ask him because according to this man,  and I am sorry his name escapes me at this typing  people in OJ's life just didn't talk about it...

He also mentioned in this interview how it was he who advised him NOT TO TAKE his arthritis medication so his hands would be swollen so his gloves wouldn't fit...please recall  IF THE GLOVES DON'T FIT YOU MUST ACQUIT.....

Fast forward to current trial.  I am sure this JACK  AZ@#! must of thought he was untouchable.  I hope for the rest of his life he hears the clanking of the doors Breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The lights on at 5 am and off at 10 pm.  I hope he has to peel potatoes.

Make his calls and have them monitored each and every day. He will not ever be granted another free day.  I also hope that in some way THE Goldman's and THE BROWN FAMILY now have some sort of PEACE IN THERE HEART and can and will move forward!

October 7, 2008, 11:38 am CDT

Grins n Giggles

October 7, 2008, 12:24 pm CDT

Here we go AGAIN!!!

I cannot believe the goldmans are on this show AGAIN.They need to MOVE ON!!! What a miserable life they must lead.Why can't they ever just be happy for the life they shared with him??  im sure this verdict  for oj really gives them a bit of satisfaction. i don't know what else to say about  this case anymore. 

October 7, 2008, 1:03 pm CDT

10/07 Behind the Headlines: Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson

Quote From: feistyd

If a picture is worth 10,000 words, this picture says it all. 

The felon got away with murder, he should have behaved

himself.--He didn't and he only has himself to blame.  All that

"stolen stuff" was indirectly stolen from the Goldmans.

I look forward to Dec. 5th for his sentencing.

October 7, 2008, 1:06 pm CDT

A Grandmother's Point of View

I feel so bad for Cindy Anthony, the mother of Casey Anthony. I have a granddaughter myself that is nearly three years old. I don't know how I would react to my own granddaughter coming up missing. I know in the back of her mind she really does believe her daughter Casey knows the where abouts of Caylee. Unfortunately, I think she might be deceased. I still hope and pray that I am wrong and she will be found. If Casey could only open up and reveal some form of information that could help to find the little girl. This story has really upset me. Everytime I think about the situation, I want to cry. I hate the protestors will not leave the grandparents alone. This makes the situation even worse for them.

October 7, 2008, 1:09 pm CDT

Give it a break already

the comment that was made that got me was when it was said that OJ was driven to do this crime because of the pressure that the goldmans put on him and it drove him crazy. i'm sorry OJ was judged by a jury of his peers and was pronounced not guilty. not talking about the civil case. the goldmans seem so smug and proud that they did this. what happened to our justice system? our system found him not guilty. i guess i am one of the few that believed him  "not guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt". so i guess this is saying if someone is not convicted of a crime and the family or whoever think they are guilty it gives them free reign to do what the goldmans did. i'm sure i'll get flamed for my views but i needed to vent. so they "won".  is ron back??? my 14 year old asked what if they find out that OJ really didn't kill them like they think? how will the goldmans feel then? i hope there will be someone around to harass them.
OJ's life was ruined no matter what. he just wasn't in jail. thank you goldmans. happy now??

October 7, 2008, 1:14 pm CDT

Dr. Phil shame on you!

I have watched both segments of the show regarding O J Simpson and his newest legal matters. It upset me terribly seeing how you and the Goldman's smirked at the downfall of someone. Did you all forget, whether or not anyone agrees with the verdict 14yrs ago he was found not guilty in criminal court. For the Goldman's to now say it was because they have relentlessly pursued him all these years is VICTORY and it was because of that he did what he did in Las Vegas. People do all sorts of things when they're pushed to the edge. The Goldman's need to be careful of celebrating someone's misfortune whether they believe the person deserves it or not..... We are suppose to FORGIVE, of course forgetting is far harder.

VICTORY what victory have they gained? Did they consider O J's children since they have relentlessly pursued getting every penny that he could have possibly gained to take care of his children.

Does anyone remember there was someone else slaughtered that day---Nicole Simpson, let's not forget about her Ron was not alone!

It saddens me that you would react in such a way, it is appalling.

Are you going to feel the same way with the missing child's mother if it comes out that she killed that child are you going to smirk when they take her off to jail... probably NOT.

If man's law does not punish us God's law will.

October 7, 2008, 1:15 pm CDT

Dr. Phil and the Goldman's Obsession

Quote From: beecedric

I agree with you completely! What in the world is Dr. Phil's obsession with discussing O.J.? I just don't get it. The case is over - forget about it already. It's just so off-putting how Dr. Phil seems to get a rush from discussing this case over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over and over.

I won't be tuning in until Friday, October 10 either.

The Goldmans still are after that 15 minutes of fame that ended 14 years ago.  To hear the Goldmans brag about how they think they hounded OJ into doing this latest fiasco is another sign of how Dr. Phil should be spending his time counseling them on how to grieve and get over the death of their son.  I am embarassed for Dr. Phil to see him sucked into the the OJ and Goldmans circus.  Move on to important issues Dr. Phil.

October 7, 2008, 1:20 pm CDT

casey is a sorry mother

Why doesn't Casey Anthony get arrested and questioned behind bars? When she reveals the truth about Caylee, then the courts decide her fate. The Anthony probably isn't talking because they either don't want Casey to be punished to the full extent of the law or the whole family doesn't want to be punished to the full extent of the law. Casey is a bad mother and should have given Caylee up for adoption. Law Enforcement needs to go to extreme measures to find the truth beause Casey is leading everyone on a wild goose chase and that isn't fair.

October 7, 2008, 1:21 pm CDT

O.J.

I totally disagree with the female guest on her opinion of the Goldman family. Forgiveness is honorable, not hatred.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last