Message Boards

Topic : Teen Talk

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Please join us on the new Teen Talk message boards: Click Here

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 3, 2009, 4:03 pm CDT

:)

Hello i was bullied for years when i was in school. I ended up being poisoned when i was 12 my three class mates. I was always teased about being to skinny or having buck teeth or not having the right clothes or hair. Life was nothing but hell. And like jay was saying it is true, you dont wanna tell anyone about it because your embaressed. My parents didnt understand and blamed it on me. But what i wanna say is life gets much better after school. Im 20 now and that stuff just doesnt matter anymore. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, dont let other people tell you differently or make you feel any less then amazing cuz thats exactly what you are.

July 3, 2009, 4:08 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Quote From: sk1ttles

Elisabeth, I do not have an eating disorder but I went through bullying like that myself. Kids will stand away from you, whisper and snicker while they stare at you. Through middle school, I had very suicidal thoughts, and thought about how much nobody wanted me around. But you are only in grade 9, and people do change as they grow older. The same people who bullied me relentlessly in middle school came up to me themselves and apologized. They realized, after a while, that what they did was wrong. It is very hard to get through bullying in the moment. I am in grade 10 and in a year, things have already changed dramatically. Things will get better, and people usually realize their wrongs. You, too, can fight back with words and defend yourself because you are as deserving of protection and self-worth as anybody else in your school. I suffer from low self-esteem, and the best remedy is to tell yourself at least twice everyday that you are the greatest, you deserve the greatest and you will be the greatest. :)
elisabeth i never had a eating disorder but i did go through the bullying and my parents not understanding. its hard to face alone, and what i did is i went full force, i decided i wasnt gunna let other people bring me down, because i new in 10 years when im all growen up they wont matter anymore, and thats exactly what will happen for you. councelling is also the other thing that helped me. it helps you so much and within a month or two your laughing because those people do not matter. im now 20 and  i hope everyting works out. :)

July 3, 2009, 4:30 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Okay! Well. My name is Laura! Ni Hao! I'm 15 years of age! And ever since I moved in 3rd grade, yes. when I was like 8/9 I WAS BULLIED!!!! T_T   And the school where I use to be I was never bullied. It was like a real shock... Like when I was in 2nd grade I had tons of friends.... I guess acted like I was younger (inocent I guess) But when I moved in 3rd I was picked on and bullied constantly. When I was 8-9 these other kids would call me fat and call me a bitch and a lesbian. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT THOSE WORDS MENT!!!!! I never want to go to school!!! It's just gotten worse! And worse! AND WORSE!!!! I havent even really had a good friend I could rely on and trust in 2-3 years. I use to be so talkitive and nice, now I cant talk. It's like when I even try. I have to force myself to say hello cause I can trust ANYONE! I'm really depressed... I have no friends.... And I dont have the best of relationships with my family.... I dont get what I did to deserve this... It just gets worse... Certain thing playing back in my head over and over......I'm in tharapy... And all that.... It's not helping. No one in listening to me.... I cant tell .... Cause I dont know how to...I dont have anyone to talk to....     Email me? xxlaura_lovelyxxis@hotmail.com

July 3, 2009, 8:46 pm CDT

TEEN TALK

Quote From: darksoul

I am only 13 but I already suffer depression. No body believes that I do because of my Bipolar mood swings. My friends are afraid that I am at risk for suicde. I am scared. But at times i feel that it would make everything better. Like a numb feeling instead of pain and fear.

Hey,

I know exactly how you feel. I am 13 to and I was the same way. I really hope that you have a better time with this, knowing that this was posted a while ago. Well, if you still are having problems contact me at pebum@sbcglobal.net

hope this helps! :)

Rebekah

July 3, 2009, 9:51 pm CDT

I read...

I read most of the comments left on this message board, and I had no clue that there are so many kids out there, who have gone through some of the same things that I have...I am nearly 21 now, and I was bullied for the longest time, try it starting in the 1st grade. The kids didn't like me, because I was bigger, I had more weight on me than they had, I had big glasses, and I didn't dress like they did. In all other words, I was different, and at the time, I wish I could of said that I was proud of it, but I never was proud of it. I wanted to fit in, but according to my mom, I wouldn't, I was very different from everyone else, and there was nothing to do about it. It continued on for a while, but things didn't get worse until I got to the 7th grade.I was the nerdy, not so cute overweight girl, who had really no friends, and sat by myself at the lunch table. I was talked about, pushed around, rocks thrown at my head,beat up on, used, and even more than a handful of times, signs were taped to my back. I met my now best friend that year, the only girl that was actually nice to me.I was 13 that year, and things just got worse, I was now on the path of self destruction. I cried myself to sleep for 6 years, coming hom everyday, locking myself in my room, and I would cut, and I became really good at hiding it, because my mom had no clue, nobody did until I had turned 18-19. That was when I knew that I was in trouble, but like they say,"old habits die hard" The point is that I've been there, I understand, and I'm always there for anyone that needs my help. Send me a message, if you feel like you can't talk to anyone else, I have an extremely open mind, and the last thing that I want is for anyone  to hurt themselves in anyway, especially because some people can be too insecure and selfish to think about anyone but themselves, so they have to hurt people to make themselves feel better. You guys are so much better than that, and together, we can fight, and make them listen that they can't push us around anymore.

Much love, Lea.

July 4, 2009, 11:30 pm CDT

Bullying Sucks!

I'm a teen, and I really don't think many adults realize how big of a problem this is. I know most of them are shocked that half of kids have been affected by bullying, but I'm pretty surprised that it's that low. Most of the people I know have been affected. I was really lucky that I wasn't bullied until 8th grade over one of my parents careers. Then it was just one kid, so I was really lucky it didn't affect me too much. It was really an eye opener, though. I found out how it felt. I also found out how good it feels when someone stands up for you. In a way I'm pretty glad it happened though, cuz now I'm stronger and I know how much of a difference you can make by standing up for someone.

If you are being bullied, my heart goes out to you. IT SUCKS. And if it's because your different, remember that most famous teen stars admit they have been bullied, and now I think they get the final laugh :-)

July 5, 2009, 2:02 am CDT

Bullies almost killed me EMOTIONALLY

Ive always been bullied for 8 years "in school". I didnt want to go to school anymore,so I told my mom I wasnt feeling well but I still had to go everytime.And what made it worse. . . I felt like my parents didnt care because I would tell them and in a few days time they cant remember me telling them anything. . .I always wanted to be alone in school and when I came home from school I always finished my homework before i did anything else-which would be til after eight in the evening,sometimes til ten just to get everything perfect-One day everyone started talking to me and wanted to be friends,and I shouldve guessed it was only for one thing.To do all their tasks and homework and to even help them in tests.I let them walk over me,I just cant say NO! Later on I began cutting myself,drinking pills etc. Ive thought about suicide so many times before Im kinda used to it.But even now when Im home schooled things are worse. I cant be in crowded places etc. the thought of so many people makes me so scared.

July 5, 2009, 3:23 pm CDT

VCi...

haha VCI (Virden Collegiate Institute) is not the place to be if you don't like drama. There's no privacy and STRONG cliques. If your a new kid you have a 50/50 chance on wether you belong or don't. If you don't VCI will bully you till you beg your parents to leave town. (has happened). Now it's not really the teachers fault because it's not done around them, But if you were to tell a teacher; If i recall correctly two girls were supsended 3 days for calling a girl fat. So we don't tolerate bullying AT ALL! That's if someone tells a teacher, but usually that doesn't happen. I know many teens who went to Brandon ( A city close to Virden ) to go to CATC. Child and Adolescent Treatment Centre. The went for depression; Where bullying didn't help at all in that matter. I actually was one of those teens. I guess if your okay with drama, no privacy (when I say no privacy i mean secrets, if they are shared to anyone else but yourself; don't plan on them being kept), rumours (for fun kids send forwards around the school about people they don't like ex: _ _ _ _ _ _ bangs cats!!!), and STRONG cliques VCI is the school for you =)

July 12, 2009, 11:45 am CDT

hey..

hi.. im 16 years old, i live in israel. my proplem is that  i have a huge crush on my teacher, & i think it's love) even though i have a boyfriend . anyway, he teaches math & im realy suck at math - not just at math actually- but i try so hard to impress him. i dont think he knows, cause i sleep alot at his class, but that because he's boring not because i dont care about him. i dont know how to deal with this. i cant stand my boyfriend or any of the guys in my school, they look like babys to me, i think i like older guys. but its still a proplem because im just in 10th grade.

July 15, 2009, 8:25 am CDT

Hidden Teens (positive)

ok so it has come to my attention that dr. phil talks alot about problems that teens have and how to fix those problems. Now the shows at a point where we continue to here the negativity of youth. I have a great idea. There should be a day where dr. phil lets students (age 2-17) be able to perform and show there true talent instead of being portrayed as bad and or negative. As a student i would love to see this happen

First | Prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next | Last