Message Boards

Topic : Teen Talk

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Please join us on the new Teen Talk message boards: Click Here

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 22, 2009, 12:41 pm CDT

Could they air this??

I'm 17 and my life has always been the same. I've always been pretty much alone in school and the ones who do talk to me never talk to me outside of school. It's summer and the only one who talks to me from school is a enemy. Plus I have deep trust issues due to events that have happened in the past esspecially my childhood. right now in summer I sit here day after day wondering why I'm so alone... It's been like this as long as I can remember and I can't understand why. I hate it. I don't belong anywhere and it sucks...I've got a lot of deeper problems and I don't know how to fix them. I have severe depression and extrememly low self esteem. I feel paranoid and I hate it...There's more but you get the point... I'm ashamed of the way I live and I know I need help but the time I did get help it didn't work with the therapy and I don't have anyone to vent to or anything so... I guess I personally want to see a dr phil show about the effects and things on isolation and loniness. That's what I hope to see because I need some help to try to fix this and make my life a little better... Maybe there can be hope for me but I don't know how to... I hope someone reads this from the show and airs a show like that. Maybe it can help me.... Thanx...

July 23, 2009, 10:30 am CDT

Teen Talk

Quote From: confused_teen

Ive always been bullied for 8 years "in school". I didnt want to go to school anymore,so I told my mom I wasnt feeling well but I still had to go everytime.And what made it worse. . . I felt like my parents didnt care because I would tell them and in a few days time they cant remember me telling them anything. . .I always wanted to be alone in school and when I came home from school I always finished my homework before i did anything else-which would be til after eight in the evening,sometimes til ten just to get everything perfect-One day everyone started talking to me and wanted to be friends,and I shouldve guessed it was only for one thing.To do all their tasks and homework and to even help them in tests.I let them walk over me,I just cant say NO! Later on I began cutting myself,drinking pills etc. Ive thought about suicide so many times before Im kinda used to it.But even now when Im home schooled things are worse. I cant be in crowded places etc. the thought of so many people makes me so scared.
I feel sorry for you. And, what is ur age? Didnt ur parents do annything against it? go to school ask them why kids would talk to you like that? If they didnt then they are pathetic.

What i would do is, meet with ur familly (evryone is best) and try to talk to them and speak up about ur provlems, say what is bodering u. And if they have nefues, or so, go to them, try to make friends with them, and try to go in town and make some fun, don't act scared @ street. Act normal then people WONT bother u and try to make u Feel sad. Do it slowly. Maybe go with them to some little street walk a little around talk with some nice people if u want. Then go in to town and into shops and after some time u will get used to it and u will feel much better in body.

Hope i could help u, if u still have questions pm here or ask me for my MSN

Regards,

huNthi !

July 23, 2009, 10:34 am CDT

Sad.

Quote From: confused_teen

Ive always been bullied for 8 years "in school". I didnt want to go to school anymore,so I told my mom I wasnt feeling well but I still had to go everytime.And what made it worse. . . I felt like my parents didnt care because I would tell them and in a few days time they cant remember me telling them anything. . .I always wanted to be alone in school and when I came home from school I always finished my homework before i did anything else-which would be til after eight in the evening,sometimes til ten just to get everything perfect-One day everyone started talking to me and wanted to be friends,and I shouldve guessed it was only for one thing.To do all their tasks and homework and to even help them in tests.I let them walk over me,I just cant say NO! Later on I began cutting myself,drinking pills etc. Ive thought about suicide so many times before Im kinda used to it.But even now when Im home schooled things are worse. I cant be in crowded places etc. the thought of so many people makes me so scared.
I feel sorry for you. And, what is ur age? Didnt ur parents do annything against it? go to school ask them why kids would talk to you like that? If they didnt then they are pathetic.

What i would do is, meet with ur familly (evryone is best) and try to talk to them and speak up about ur provlems, say what is bodering u. And if they have nefues, or so, go to them, try to make friends with them, and try to go in town and make some fun, don't act scared @ street. Act normal then people WONT bother u and try to make u Feel sad. Do it slowly. Maybe go with them to some little street walk a little around talk with some nice people if u want. Then go in to town and into shops and after some time u will get used to it and u will feel much better in body.

Hope i could help u, if u still have questions pm here or ask me for my MSN

Regards,

huNthi !

July 23, 2009, 2:54 pm CDT

OMG

Quote From: fallen_reaper

I'm 17 and my life has always been the same. I've always been pretty much alone in school and the ones who do talk to me never talk to me outside of school. It's summer and the only one who talks to me from school is a enemy. Plus I have deep trust issues due to events that have happened in the past esspecially my childhood. right now in summer I sit here day after day wondering why I'm so alone... It's been like this as long as I can remember and I can't understand why. I hate it. I don't belong anywhere and it sucks...I've got a lot of deeper problems and I don't know how to fix them. I have severe depression and extrememly low self esteem. I feel paranoid and I hate it...There's more but you get the point... I'm ashamed of the way I live and I know I need help but the time I did get help it didn't work with the therapy and I don't have anyone to vent to or anything so... I guess I personally want to see a dr phil show about the effects and things on isolation and loniness. That's what I hope to see because I need some help to try to fix this and make my life a little better... Maybe there can be hope for me but I don't know how to... I hope someone reads this from the show and airs a show like that. Maybe it can help me.... Thanx...

OMG It's like you're narrating my life.

I'm 16, and even though I wouldn't go as far as calling myself antisocial, all my life I've been pretty much alone. Ever since Kindergarder, I felt like I couldn't get close to people. In every school I've been so far (7 so far, soon-to-be 8) I've had, if lucky, 1 or 2 'friends'. Although it was a positive relationships, to me they felt more like acquaintances than anything else. Only recently I had a friend. I really felt like she was my BBF, but even then, we would only talk at school. Never really hang out or anything. I moved away recently, so when that 'relationship' I had with her is sort of... on haitus.

I'm not surprised actually, at this, because my mom exactly the same way. Very reserved, doesn't like meeting poeple, her friends are her sisters and one friend (who surprisingly enough, has been her friend for 30+ years). My mom sufferes from depression, and so do I. It's kind of sad that her story is like.. repeating itself on me.

About self-steem. I do think I have low self-steem. Mostly because I look like I'm 12 instead of 16, and I'm very short, which just adds to the problem. Also, I'm A LOT more mature that people (girls) my age, and have different ideologies from them, so I feel like I can never fit in at school or in my surroundings. Especially with this baby-face of mine.

I don't think you (we) can 'fix' this. I think genetics play part of it, and in my case, my personal beliefs and the fact that I have no interest in what girls my age care about pretty much is what holds me back from a tightly-knit relationship with people.

I'm sure you've wondered about it too. Why do you think we are like this?

I wish you (both of us) the best of luck. Soo I'm be going to a new school with completely different people from what I'm used to, so I'm hoping I'll go well for me. I sincerely hope it goes well for you too.

P.S: Are you parents the same as you? Just wondering.

July 24, 2009, 5:00 am CDT

??

Quote From: nataarci_02

OMG It's like you're narrating my life.

I'm 16, and even though I wouldn't go as far as calling myself antisocial, all my life I've been pretty much alone. Ever since Kindergarder, I felt like I couldn't get close to people. In every school I've been so far (7 so far, soon-to-be 8) I've had, if lucky, 1 or 2 'friends'. Although it was a positive relationships, to me they felt more like acquaintances than anything else. Only recently I had a friend. I really felt like she was my BBF, but even then, we would only talk at school. Never really hang out or anything. I moved away recently, so when that 'relationship' I had with her is sort of... on haitus.

I'm not surprised actually, at this, because my mom exactly the same way. Very reserved, doesn't like meeting poeple, her friends are her sisters and one friend (who surprisingly enough, has been her friend for 30+ years). My mom sufferes from depression, and so do I. It's kind of sad that her story is like.. repeating itself on me.

About self-steem. I do think I have low self-steem. Mostly because I look like I'm 12 instead of 16, and I'm very short, which just adds to the problem. Also, I'm A LOT more mature that people (girls) my age, and have different ideologies from them, so I feel like I can never fit in at school or in my surroundings. Especially with this baby-face of mine.

I don't think you (we) can 'fix' this. I think genetics play part of it, and in my case, my personal beliefs and the fact that I have no interest in what girls my age care about pretty much is what holds me back from a tightly-knit relationship with people.

I'm sure you've wondered about it too. Why do you think we are like this?

I wish you (both of us) the best of luck. Soo I'm be going to a new school with completely different people from what I'm used to, so I'm hoping I'll go well for me. I sincerely hope it goes well for you too.

P.S: Are you parents the same as you? Just wondering.

It seems ur acting at school that ur not fitting in, are u even giving them a chance? You also have to make friends, not that they have to come to you (if thats the problem) And in my school there are manny people that are also short and like and they have much friends, u just have to go to people and talk with them and then after some time it will be easy for u to make friends, now it's hard cause u never had 'much' friends, as i read here. So go talk with some people @ ur new school and don't say u are depressed do like nothing is wrong. Then they will threat u right

PM me to say if it works or what u say i sad wrong.

Kind regards, huNthi!

July 26, 2009, 4:44 pm CDT

self-esteem

I am 17 and i have low self-esteem and i try so hard to get it up but ever time i do someone comes along and brings it back down i tried not to listen to it but after awhile it got to me and it still does. at one point in my life i really didnt care wat i looked like i let my self go big time and after awhile my family told me to quit acting like a baby a deal with it. So i tried once again and it didnt work. i tried everthing  but it dont work.  i need help do any of u guys have ideas how i kan get my self-esteem up?

July 27, 2009, 1:29 pm CDT

response; Advice

Quote From: batoul

m 18 ... ive never felt that .. ive never felt like having a teen spirit, the story started when i continued high school in a puplic school and their all what girls worry about is ''sex '' and getting married ! ive never had the chance to express my self free. all what ive done was trying to adapt to my friends .. ive never show what it is really behind me .. now n college it is the same over here ... nd what make it harder for me is having no guys in college too because of my major .. anyway ... the main problem i have is the feeling of lonliness and not having the chance to express myself ..what about sex ? it is really that wrong not to have sex at my age ? what should i do ?

I just to be the same. When I was a lot younger, in 4th grade, I switched schools. I never had any spirit until I got to 7th grade and realized that I wanted to be a singer, and I didn't care what people thought of me any longer as long as I wasn't being illegal or violating my religion I acted as myself. A lot of people put me down for that. I was known by a stage name online and classmates teased me for being creative too. It was sort of depressing but I stayed true to myself.

You don't need a particular "chance" to express yourself, just be yourself in every single moment of the idea regardless of what people think about you, and someone real will notice you and be a friend. With sex, you're 18, which means you're obviously old enough, however if you only want to do this because everyone else is doing it, I would wait until I actually fall in love with someone in particular for real. It's not wrong at all, whether you have sex at your age or not... some religious issues come in the way sometimes, but in a legal view, there's nothing wrong with that at your age as long as force isn't used.

As for what you should do, this is where being yourself comes into play. No one can answer that question but yourself.

July 27, 2009, 1:40 pm CDT

response; Advice

Quote From: antibullying

Hey,

I know exactly how you feel. I am 13 to and I was the same way. I really hope that you have a better time with this, knowing that this was posted a while ago. Well, if you still are having problems contact me at pebum@sbcglobal.net

hope this helps! :)

Rebekah

I had depression to at your age. I'm older now, but I remember how it felt. I had just had major surgery though, but I had a horrible experience. Depression may suck to the extreme, but you have to convince yourself that your current state of mind isn't normal. Convince yourself it's not your fault. Because, it's not. Killing yourself wouldn't help any, it would just end your life, which wouldn't help- at all.

July 27, 2009, 1:43 pm CDT

response; Advice

Quote From: khristina9

I am 17 and i have low self-esteem and i try so hard to get it up but ever time i do someone comes along and brings it back down i tried not to listen to it but after awhile it got to me and it still does. at one point in my life i really didnt care wat i looked like i let my self go big time and after awhile my family told me to quit acting like a baby a deal with it. So i tried once again and it didnt work. i tried everthing  but it dont work.  i need help do any of u guys have ideas how i kan get my self-esteem up?

It's sort of weird saying this- but you need to act a little cocky. I mean, don't let people beat you down. They can say what they want but walk past them, don't even take the time to listen to them. You need to find yourself in your heart and find peace knowing who you are. I used to be just like you... People still make fun of me, but I'm truly happy now because I'm doing things that make me happy. For me, that's pop/ rock music (singing and playing guitar).  Find something that makes you truly happy. I would advise you to look to acting, singing, poetry or writing or some other form of expressing yourself. That often heightens self-esteem.

July 27, 2009, 2:12 pm CDT

Relationships

Ok so I'm 16, and my bf is 19, and he always talks to my Mom and they never tell me what they're talking about, she always takes his side, and they just plan everything without me even knowing about it ; they really think nothing is wrong with it , but it makes me feel like they have some secret relationship or something, and they really don't think anything is wrong with it.

First | Prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next | Last