Message Boards

Topic : Teen Talk

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Please join us on the new Teen Talk message boards: Click Here

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 28, 2009, 6:46 pm CDT

Friend going down the wrong path

Well i have this friend that i'm afraid has gone down the wrong path, he has been drinking and having sex while drunk and also has smoked weed and myth. and he is only 14. i've tried helping him, and i've even gone to my boyfriend for help. but he still just doesnt want to change and i'm afraid he will end up in really big trouble. what do i do?? he is my best friend.

July 28, 2009, 6:53 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Quote From: dabney

Hey.
Girl,
wow,
 would so stay away from that!
That is a total nono!
find someone your own age,
or just be singl,
its not that bad to just stay away from guys!
That means your teacher to!
Just keep it a crush,
or you will jepridize his teaching career,
which is not worth it!

I totally agree with you, why would you want to go for someone way older than you. that is just bad.

July 29, 2009, 2:57 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Hi im Krista and I am 16 years old.

Hey, I think it is safe to say that all if not most teens suffer depression. It affects me badly because I have lived with it almost everyday for as long as a I can remember. I barely hang with my friends; if i do, im sometimes not happy with it. I obsess over my weight and eating. I spend weekend after weekend home on my computer talking to online friends from all over the globe. They are all tokio hotel fans. I feel i relate to them more. My parents barely have money for my clothes, food, or say if I need advil really badly thats like $5 at a drug store thats not going to happen either. Here's another example. If im going to the mall I cant get even a 20 from my parents because I know they dont have it. So i end up a loner around my 'rich' friends. Its hurts real bad to know my life may not be what i dream in the future if i keep living like this. Bascially im just asking for a miracle of winning the lottery. :(

July 30, 2009, 6:01 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Hi Dr. Phill,

My name is Aimee. I'm 16 years old and for the past 7 and 1/2 years i've dealt with a life altering illness that is unlike any other. Infact, i'm the only person with this illness. It's so rare, it doest even have a diegnosis. If i ever do get a diegnosis it'll be because the doctors make up a name for it. The illness mostly effects my skin, joints and muscles, and pelvic area. However, over the past 2 or 3 years i've developed tons of smaller issues due to my illness. When my skin flares up it's literly like dealing with a burnt patient: my skin burns horribly bad and is bright red for about 4 days, then it gets extremely tight and looks like crocodile skin (it's so tight that if i don't keep it hydrated my skin tears, and has before) for another 4 days, finally my whole first layer of skin peels off and this can take up to a week. This whole proccess is very painfull and durring the two weeks i am totally unable to move because of the skin being so painfull. My joints and Muscles are that of a 60 yr old woman with arthritus. Each and every bone, muscle, and joint is effected. Despite being on an infusion (Remicade) and a pill, both on the largest dose, my joints and muscles still prevent me from doing daily things and now ive lost range in one of my shoulders. This in itself is proof that my illness is progressive, and that it does not go away with aging which is very sadening to me. However, out of everything my pelvic pain is the worst. It is so extreme that i faint constantly from the pain, am in the ER constantly because of the pain, and was in the hospital (twice, each time) for a week for pain control. This has also gotten worse in the past year and it is very scary for me. When i faint my sats drop as low as 35! They should be around 90! I've almost had to be intabated because of it, and was transfered to the ICU once because my sats were so low. As you can immagine, this experiance has been very hard on me, especially lately. It's impacted my mood, self esteem, and even my friendships. I've heard the rudest of comments and try to put all this behind me on a daily basis. However, after nearly 8 years, it's wearing on me, but that's just my medical life. I've experienced some other really traumatic experiences. I don't want my illness to define me, or take over my life. I want to be myself and not let it get in the way of my life anymore! i know that i wouldnt be the strong person i am if i had never gone through what i have, and i love my life, but i just wish i could have one day to see what its like to be a normal teen, to have it easy, to have friends, to go places and do things. Can you help me Dr. Phill? 

P.S. I partially came on this site because my life is so much different then the average teen, and (honestly) i thought that if i were to get onto your show i might be able to get my story out there and find someone like me.

July 30, 2009, 9:41 pm CDT

Quote From: polii_mcrmy___

what I'm gonna tell you is not about me is about a friend, as many teens know trying to fit with other people is not easy,well for my friend is not easy all the girls of my classroom ignore her and don't even talk to her . she is very shy and sometimes annoying she always hits me i don't know why but i think shes jealous because i have more friends than her,we always fight because she tells me I'm not talking to her anymore or i don't answer when she is asking me something.i cant stand this anymore since we were 10 years we had arguments now i am 16 and she is 14 i wish she could  be more mature but i doubt she will.tell me what i can do with her.

plz!

Maybe you could try talking to her. Try telling her about herself, not in a rude way just tell her that you don't like fighting with her and that you would like to work things out instead of arguing.

July 30, 2009, 10:52 pm CDT

Hi whoever ends up reading this,

My name is Kelly I am 14 years old and I just stopped cutting myself and harming myself in February of  2009. On and off for three years starting when I was ten I cut and harmed myself. I started having depression problems at an early age. The first time I was trying to kill myself but didn't succeed. But when I did it I realized it made me feel better and did it a few more times through out the year. Then I stopped let the scars clear up and started again and once again stopped. Sadly I started again this time cutting deeper getting sharper razors. I became addicted. I had to do it everyday. Then twice a day. Then 3 or 4 times a day. Telling myself it wasn't bad or self harming because I was just making myself feel better. Since I wasn't in control of my emotional pain I could be in control of my phsyical pain. Cutting helped me block out everything that made me sad, depressed, angry, or even bored. I thought it was making me better, I thought it was making things easier. But everyday I did it was another day I lied to my family which made me feel even worse. Deep down I knew it was all wrong but I couldn't stop, at least not without help. One day I was At school and was feeling bad I asked to got to the restroom thinking I had to puke. In the restroom I coughed untill my throat ached. And decided cutting would help. Every rest room break we got I'd do it. One restroom break when were lined up in the halls waiting to return to class blood started to drip on to the floor and someone noticed. I lied about it but when we started to walk back to class I looked at my hands and they were coverd in blood. I'd never seen so much. I knew then I needed to stop. At the end of the day I reluctantly told the consuler. I knew I wouldn't go back home that day but I was worried who would get my brother off of the bus because my mom wasn't home. I was scared of what would happen next, I felt guilty for lieing to my mom for so long, I was worried for my brother, I regreted telling on myself. There were to many things going on it felt like a horrible nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.

After hours in the hospital I was tranferred to Our Lady Of Peace. I was in the inpatient program for three weeks and in the out patient program for six weeks. I got the help I needed and hopefully I'll never do it again. But I want people to know the dangers of doing things like this. Its horrible. It may seem like the only way out. But its not there is help and theres always someone who cares even if you don't.

July 31, 2009, 7:05 pm CDT

addiction

alcohol addiction is hard and i feel noone understands. im young and already hiding my emotions in a bottle. i havent drank in 2 weeks and its hard. im emotional and i feel i need a drink.

July 31, 2009, 7:24 pm CDT

depression

Quote From: kellkell01

Hi whoever ends up reading this,

My name is Kelly I am 14 years old and I just stopped cutting myself and harming myself in February of  2009. On and off for three years starting when I was ten I cut and harmed myself. I started having depression problems at an early age. The first time I was trying to kill myself but didn't succeed. But when I did it I realized it made me feel better and did it a few more times through out the year. Then I stopped let the scars clear up and started again and once again stopped. Sadly I started again this time cutting deeper getting sharper razors. I became addicted. I had to do it everyday. Then twice a day. Then 3 or 4 times a day. Telling myself it wasn't bad or self harming because I was just making myself feel better. Since I wasn't in control of my emotional pain I could be in control of my phsyical pain. Cutting helped me block out everything that made me sad, depressed, angry, or even bored. I thought it was making me better, I thought it was making things easier. But everyday I did it was another day I lied to my family which made me feel even worse. Deep down I knew it was all wrong but I couldn't stop, at least not without help. One day I was At school and was feeling bad I asked to got to the restroom thinking I had to puke. In the restroom I coughed untill my throat ached. And decided cutting would help. Every rest room break we got I'd do it. One restroom break when were lined up in the halls waiting to return to class blood started to drip on to the floor and someone noticed. I lied about it but when we started to walk back to class I looked at my hands and they were coverd in blood. I'd never seen so much. I knew then I needed to stop. At the end of the day I reluctantly told the consuler. I knew I wouldn't go back home that day but I was worried who would get my brother off of the bus because my mom wasn't home. I was scared of what would happen next, I felt guilty for lieing to my mom for so long, I was worried for my brother, I regreted telling on myself. There were to many things going on it felt like a horrible nightmare that I couldn't wake up from.

After hours in the hospital I was tranferred to Our Lady Of Peace. I was in the inpatient program for three weeks and in the out patient program for six weeks. I got the help I needed and hopefully I'll never do it again. But I want people to know the dangers of doing things like this. Its horrible. It may seem like the only way out. But its not there is help and theres always someone who cares even if you don't.

i know what you mean by depression. i drink when im depressed and im trying to stop. i need support but i feel im not getting it from anyone. its hard

July 31, 2009, 7:34 pm CDT

Teen Talk

well like i said before i have a alochol addiction. i try hiding my hurt with a bottle. when i was young my father sexially touched me for years. he told me he would kill me and my family if i ever told. my mother found my diary where i had written what had happened to me. But as i was growing up my mom was a drug addict. she was in and out of our life from us getting taken away. i cant seem to forget what has happened in my life witch there was more to the story then i told. i started drinking anout 6 months ago and it has grabbed me since then. when i get upset i run to the liqur. the other night i went out and partied with a car full of drunk and high guys. i smoked weed and drank till there was nothing left. i dont remember much of the night. i was walking in my drive way about 5 in the morning. falling and stumbling. i made it in the house but my parents were oin the living room . i got busted and told them the complete honest truth about everything. my drug test came up dirty and i felt horrible about myself. I AM 14 , AND I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP AND SUPPORT. PLEASE HELP ME....='(

August 1, 2009, 8:56 am CDT

depressin kills..

i suffer from depression and trust issues. it has always been like this but seems to get worse. I find myself always depressed, and cant snap out of it.

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next | Last