Message Boards

Topic : Teen Talk

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Please join us on the new Teen Talk message boards: Click Here

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 4, 2009, 9:48 pm CDT

they Talk!!!!

Hi im 17 and need some advice lol i think we all do, but mine is how do i be open with my mom. see i want to tell my mom that i had sex or is thinking about having sex. and yes i make sure to use protection. yes im not stupid i know sex leads to pregnacies and babies. And trust me im basicaly rasing my sisters kids.
And well how do i be open to my mom about sex with out her killing me?cuz she will.

-- thank you

August 5, 2009, 2:38 pm CDT

Too young?

Okay so I'm 17 years old and I've been seeing this guy for a little over a year now. If I were older people would usually assume that we were going to get married because of how long we've been dating. Him and I have discussed our future together and He asked me to move in after graduation and we plan to get married after my 19th birthday. I haven't said anything to my mom. She really likes him but I'm afraid she's going to be really angry and not support my decision. Thoughts?

August 8, 2009, 12:23 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Hey Dr. Phil,

I am 15 years old girl. I have very low self esteem  . I think I am a loser and dump. In tests I get vey confused and sometimes I replace the right answer with a wrong one because of that.   I wish that I am smart and talented person. I am very unhappy person. I   find myself strange as well. I really do not know what to do. I am going to high school and I do not want to do the same mistakes. I wish I get help from Dr. Phil.

August 8, 2009, 12:25 pm CDT

I do not know what to do

Hey Dr. Phil,

I am 15 years old girl. I have very low self esteem  . I think I am a loser and dump. In tests I get vey confused and sometimes I replace the right answer with a wrong one because of that.   I wish that I am smart and talented person. I am very unhappy person. I   find myself strange as well. I really do not know what to do. I am going to high school and I do not want to do the same mistakes. I wish I get help from Dr. Phil.

August 9, 2009, 7:09 pm CDT

What To Do?!?

Hi, my name is Jasmine & I'm 17 years old. Lately, I've been feeling misunderstood and frustrated about some things. Anywho, there's this boy, who I have been dating for over a year now. I know it's time for him to meet my folks, yet they won't allow me to date. My dad threatened to cease the relationship and I was truly sad about that. I tried talking to my folks about him and convince to them that he's a really nice person plenty of times because I'm tired of sneaking around. But they are not the easiest people to talk to and they make it difficult for me to talk to them about what's going on in my personal life. I have a life of my own and I wish they would just let me live it the way I want to. I want them to hear me out, but I never get the chance to speak my thoughts with them. I'm always being shut out and I just don't know what to do anymore because my boyfriend and I have been arguing alot about this. He broke up with me one time because of all this heartache, but eventually we got back together. Still, I have met his family, but he hasn't met my folks yet. My parents talk to me like I'm a 5-year old and I just can't take it anymore. I've been tempted to run away many times because I feel like a prisoner in my own home. They always restrict me from doing things and it's just driving me insane. I'm almost 18 and I wish they would realize that I'm growing up now & don't like being put down all the time. I just need some closure. Someone please help me!!

August 10, 2009, 3:05 pm CDT

19 y son with a baby

Dr Phil I'm the mother of a son who had ababy last july.                    ,she is beautiful and we (my husbandand I) could'nt love her more. The mother who is the ripe old age of 17 has been playing alot of games and is using her as a paune.This is also with the help of her mother ' My son is doing everything he is supposed to  he loves her very much.What are the fathers rights.There are alot of things the mother of my granddaughter does to my son to hurt him and she was the one that kicked him to the curb twice. please help! stacey

August 20, 2009, 6:20 pm CDT

You are very Welcome!!!

Quote From: jennydoodbug14

Hi! my name is Bella. I am the same age as u. I have been in the DCS system for almost 4 and 1/2 years now. My actual name is Jenny. but I am about to be adopted! I am deeply sorry about what is going on in your life right now. The advice I can give is to talk to your caseworker. Or if you have a CASA talk to them. Or even the next time you go to court, tell the judge what is going on. he may be able to help you. but one BIG BIG word of advice that I can give is, don't just sit back and take it. voice your opinion. But don't be rude or volger about it. Stay calm. If you stay calm they are more liable to listen to you.

Sincerly,

Bells

I am glad that I could help you in the way that I did!!! I am very happy for you that you are getting adoopted!!! It is a big step! You will feel anxiety, happiness, withdrawl, and many other emotions from the adoption approaching!!! The advice I can give you is when you start feeling these things you MUST immedietly go to your parents (the ones you live with). They will understand and they will help you through it. Adoption IS a scary thing, but it will change your life forever. I again am EXTREMELY happy for you!!! You can email me anytime if you need help. I will be here for you!!

Sincerly,

Bells

August 20, 2009, 6:40 pm CDT

I am overweight as well!!!

Quote From: harmonk93

im almost 14 but i feel like im so much older besause of my waight. i hate looking at myself and i never want to do fun things all because im over waight i want to know ways i can lose about 70 pounds by the end of the summer but i dont know how

Hi there!!! I am Bella!!! I am 15 and also overweight!!! I know it is the end of summer but I still have advice!!! I have started to loose weight but I am doing it the healthy way!!! I am sorry to say but I believe that it is nearly impossible to loose 70 pounds in one summer unless you do it the unhealthy way. All you have to do is eat a lot healthier amd then exercise regularly. You WILL NOT see results right away, but they will come!!! And don't get on the scale everyday, get on like once a week!!! And you may loose a few pounds and gain them right back... But you just have to keep trying. If you drink soda, don't drink as many as you do now..just cut down a little bit. Proportion yourself on how much you eat at each meal. Don't cut out all the good food...but just limit yourself to a certain amout...if you eat when you are upset that is another problem. You need to watch that...instead of eating when you are upset exercise or write or talk to someone about about it. And if kids laugh and talk about you at school and other places that is because they see you don't like the way you feel in your own skin. The first step before ever loosing weight is being comfortable in your own skin...you need to keep your head up...you need to say yes i am overweight but I can work with this for now. dont hide your body, but dont over expose it. Wear clothes that fit and look very nice on you. Feel comfortable in the skin you are in or you will never feel beautiful, and I promise if you do all of this people will no longer notice you because of your weight they will notice you because you feel beautiful and you are putting off a good vibe, you are saying I know I am big but I am still beautiful, It is just a size!!!!! If you need anymore help just let me know!!!

Sincerly,

Bells

August 26, 2009, 6:55 pm CDT

: )

Quote From: forgetfull

Hey Dr. Phil,

Hey! im Sarah. I was in the same spot as you once. I felt out of place. Like i was weird. I ride horses, and i was always seen as the weird "horse girl". I felt like i was ugly, i didnt have the straightest hair or the nicest clothes or the best shoes. I didnt do good on tests, just like you i would get all mixed up in my head and i would think the wrong answer was the right one. I looked down upon myself as though i wasnt good enough even for the breaths i was taking. It all starts from within. When i was 17 i realized one day that, not everyone is the same, everyone has their good qualities and bad qualities. We all have weakness, mine is math and im currently in a college class that is meant for highschool freshman  because i am so bad at it! But i am ok that i am bad at math because i realized that i was better in english than alot of other people. Its hard to explain, but you have to love yourself for YOU. Your a amazing individual : )

Hope this helped

August 27, 2009, 6:40 pm CDT

my 13 year old daughter

I'm stuck in mud and seames like i can't get out my daughter was at my moms for awhile,i saw nothing wrong was told she was doing great and everything come to find out she had faild,as well as she was taken nude pics of her self on a phone as well as taken video,she was talking back not doing anything you asked her to do,getting in trouble in scholl and not caring about anything except for boys.i was told that i should have her checked by a doctor that the info she was talking about she had sex,she told me she didnt ,but then i found notes and letters she had wrote that might be differnt,also a condom feel out of her book bag,she wants to be a vampire,she doesnt bring her homework home i have to track it down,and i beleave that when she was at my moms she had givin her all the answers because in 7 th grade and she doesent even know how to do her math she has no clue,i make her do flash cards over and over but she still doesnt get them as well as her other subjucts,she says she doesnt care about school and that she is going to be a stay at home mom.i tried doing everything ,but it doesn't matter to her she just throws it back into my face.I just dont know what else to do anymore she showing bad things to her younger sisters,and she has the house turned upside down. please help

First | Prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next | Last