Message Boards

Topic : Teen Talk

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Please join us on the new Teen Talk message boards: Click Here

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 10, 2008, 4:46 pm CST

Teen Talk

Quote From: ninetys_baby

OMG THAT IS SO CRAZY...I HAVE THE SAME THING!!! I JUSS TURNED 18 IN AUGUST....AT NITE IF IM ALONE I THINK SOMEBODY IS FIXIN TO BREAK IN MY HOUSE N COME IN, AND EITHER KILL ME OR KIDNAP ME!! I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYBODY ELSE HAVING IT!! WHEN I GO OUTSIDE I DO THE SAMETHING I THINK PEOPLE IS BEHIND ME OR HIDING BEHIND A TREE.  THEN WHEN IM TRYING TO GO ASLEEP IT TAKES ME LIKE 4 HOURS EVEN IF IM REAL TIRED, CAUSE MY MIIND STARTS PLAYIN WITH ME....I START TO HEAR PEOPLE TALKIN OR I THINK I SEE SHADOWS OR PEOPLE OPENING MY DOORS N I ALSO THINK I HEAR PEOPLE BANGIN ON MY WINDOWS...IT'S CRAZY I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, BUT IM GETTIN SICK OF IT!!

oh, I just turned 18 in sept. haha. anyway Yea I don't know alot of people who have what we both have but it's not rare. I know it's not. But yeah, I have what you have. I always think someone's right behind me. I think it's my brain playing with me but then when you go to school and you have a student bringing up subjects like theres alot of kidnappers outside when its dark and murderers and i mean there's so much bad stuff going on. and What's worst is since the economy is bad some of the jailers are released. and Every night I'm thinking about them then minute I'm outside. Alot of the times I'm tired because of this. It takes me hours to sleep.

I'm hard of hearing myself..I wear hearing aids ok..now when I go to sleep i take my hearing aids out and of course I can't hear anything unless it's loud. well during the night I hear crazy things in my head and if I close my eyes I see weird things. I'm not kidding. so I think it's like a phobia thing that we have in mind.

I'm sick of this. I don't know how to get rid of it.

What happened last night (11/9/08) was awfully scary. I went to my neighbors house for dinner at 6 or 7pm I hated the dark. so I ran up as fast as I could. well we got done with dinner and hung out for a bit. and when it was 9:40pm I went back home panicing because I'm outside. and and theres silence. Cars driving by and they're driving slower than usuall and I always think they're going to stop on the side of the road and chase me. I went home and locked the doors since I'm home alone for 4 days. at 11:45pm my dog starts barking like crazy like somethin's outside. I grabb the phone and dial 911 but I decided not to call just yet. Still my dog starts barking like crazy but I waited until theres an extreme emergency. but there was none. so the rest of the night I slept in the living room to watch what's going on. I think someone was on our yard just like it happened last year. so NOW, im worried about tonight.

during the daytime, I'm great but during the night..I'm awful.

crazy crazy crazy.

November 10, 2008, 7:31 pm CST

Teen Talk

Hi Dr. my name is bruce and im 16,
recently my girl friends parents made her break
up with me for NO apparent reason i know this sounds
like every other story but read on. So anyway they started making up reasons and changing their stories of why she is not allowed to date me branching off from sexual things to things ive never even heard of like texting her dad to say or or something like that. All i have done since i have known the girl was be nice to her and give her the world. i know were like 16 and all but its different like they tried saying i was forcing her to do things which was complete bullshit and i have no idea where they got that idea. but the main thing is they wont even confront me about any of the problems , as if there scared im right or something. Its getting to the point where they are ignoring me completely.
Are they scared im right or what is it that makes them ignore me there 40 years old ignoring a 16 year old grow up. They dont even know how much its effecting the both of us like its getting to the poit where i cant sleep, if someone has such strong feelings for someone how can u just take it all away from them i dont get it?

November 11, 2008, 12:07 am CST

Teen Talk

Quote From: brizzle3000

Hi Dr. my name is bruce and im 16,
recently my girl friends parents made her break
up with me for NO apparent reason i know this sounds
like every other story but read on. So anyway they started making up reasons and changing their stories of why she is not allowed to date me branching off from sexual things to things ive never even heard of like texting her dad to say or or something like that. All i have done since i have known the girl was be nice to her and give her the world. i know were like 16 and all but its different like they tried saying i was forcing her to do things which was complete bullshit and i have no idea where they got that idea. but the main thing is they wont even confront me about any of the problems , as if there scared im right or something. Its getting to the point where they are ignoring me completely.
Are they scared im right or what is it that makes them ignore me there 40 years old ignoring a 16 year old grow up. They dont even know how much its effecting the both of us like its getting to the poit where i cant sleep, if someone has such strong feelings for someone how can u just take it all away from them i dont get it?

Helloooo there. I just turned 18 this year and still in high school. and I'm chynae[pernounced shinay]

anyway I have noticed that parents don't want their teenagers to date. I think it's because too many girls are getting pregnant at such a young age. Maybe they're worried about that. well If your parents or her parents are making up stories such as you forcing her to do things did you have your girlfriend tell her parents the same story as you? If she has, then her parents should trust her. by the way, how old is she?? maybe it's the age difference? Maybe her parents prefer her to wait until she gets older to date. who knows.

Trust me, parents are more strict and make boundaries now a days because there are so many pregnancies out there and they dont want the same with their daughters.

thats my theory...?

November 11, 2008, 12:25 pm CST

My problems

Hi. I'm Lore, totally new to this site but I love Dr. Phil ;)

I just wanne talk about my feelings and my problems in my life. They're nothing big, but all together, it's just... too much!

Just a little about me, so that you can place yourself in my position better.

My parents divorced when I was 11 years old. My father (then) was agressive and always in a bad mood. He and my oldest brother always had fights (physically) and I was always in them. I mean, I always saw them fight. They often got so bad that the police had to come to our house.. There was nothing we could do but watch, cause I was under the age of 11. But anyways, they are divorced for 6 years now and I've got a stepfather... I don't really know how I feel about him and he's been my stepfather for 4-5 years. Some times I feel that he's a good addition to the family but sometimes, I just hate him.

Every time I ask my mother something, her response is influenced by my stepfather and most of the times the answer is negative. He also put some kind of program on my laptop so that I have restricted hours on internet. I have internet 3 hours a day, while I have homework to do, and a lot of stuff for my training period. I work in an office where people ask for jobs. Every day, I have to make a report of what I've done that day and I have to describe every single document that they have, almost every week. Besides that, I get huge tasks about a fake company in Access, Excel, Word, etc. It takes a lot of time and I only have 3 hours a day. It's not enough.

My parents are really strict on me. Agreed, I'm a girl and only 17 years old but all of my other friends just say; 'Bye mom, won't be home for supper' and their parents are ok with it. I always have to arrange something at least 2 days before it happens. Whenever I want to sleep at a friends house, my mom has to know their parents. That's idiotic! My mom doesn't have to know all my friends' parents... <__<

I just think that I don't have enough freedom around here.

Any suggestions?

November 11, 2008, 2:51 pm CST

Teen Talk

Quote From: carrie_o_line

I am feeling very alone right now. I used to live here, but then I moved away and now I've been back for two years and I still don't have any true friends. There are a few girls I hang out with at school and some after school acitvities, but they sometimes even talk openly about doing things together or having a sleep over while I'm there and they never include me. I am very shy and I want desperatly to be friends with people who want to be around me, not just people who tollerate me being with them. I've joined clubs and activities, but still have a hard time making friends. I think part of it too is that I'm 16 and I don't like boys, but most girls talk about that a lot, so I don't really join in those conversations and I think sometimes they take it as disintrest in them in general. Sometimes I cry at night because I just want a few close friends to talk to and I have no one.  I tell my mom a lot of stuff, but I want people my age to talk to, people my age who will help me with my problems. I don't know what to do anymore and I'm feeling pretty sad a lot of the time because while all of the girls I hang out with at school are hanging out together, no one has invited me to go anywhere (and I'm too shy to invite someone else somewhere) and I'm just stuck at home. I love my family dearly, but I feel like a loner sometimes and I just want friends!

hey i know how you feel, ive been that way to. before when i was in school i read alot or i went walkn. yeah its lonely but i guess i got used to it. im still a homebody i dont like it but all well, you just gotta find a hobby you like.

November 11, 2008, 2:56 pm CST

Teen Talk

Quote From: batoul

m 18 ... ive never felt that .. ive never felt like having a teen spirit, the story started when i continued high school in a puplic school and their all what girls worry about is ''sex '' and getting married ! ive never had the chance to express my self free. all what ive done was trying to adapt to my friends .. ive never show what it is really behind me .. now n college it is the same over here ... nd what make it harder for me is having no guys in college too because of my major .. anyway ... the main problem i have is the feeling of lonliness and not having the chance to express myself ..what about sex ? it is really that wrong not to have sex at my age ? what should i do ?

hey ima tell you straight up its ok to not want to be involved with that, why, because youll end up like me with a baby,  im a female but i started to early and didnt get to finish persuing my education in college so yeah im happy for you

November 11, 2008, 3:07 pm CST

Teen Talk

Quote From: rebeccaanne

My biggest problem as a teen isn't a problem I have myself,

but one I have about everyone else.

I'm currently 15 and in grade 10, and everyone seems to assume they're mature.

Drugs, sex and swearing are viewed as good things, and I'm looked to as a loser because I don't engage in any of that.

Teens today really need to look at themselves and consider what they're saying before assumptions are made. Doing something stupid and irresponsible is NOT cool. Similarily, neither is claiming 'true love' at this age.

At least I aknowledge when I'm doing something irresponsible, unlike boasting about it to gain social status.

wow finally someone like me. i know exactly what you are talkn about.  me im 18 and out of high school but i remember when people would act like that, it is just so ridiculous but some people you just cant talk no sense into them. They think life is a big joke.

November 11, 2008, 6:18 pm CST

Teen Talk

Quote From: darksoul

I am only 13 but I already suffer depression. No body believes that I do because of my Bipolar mood swings. My friends are afraid that I am at risk for suicde. I am scared. But at times i feel that it would make everything better. Like a numb feeling instead of pain and fear.
I hear  what your  saying.  To my understanding though, bipolar is  a  type of depression.  Society needs to have have more knowledge about what  type of diseases there are, and exactly what they are.  Suicide is not the answer, it sounds great.  I have honestly thought about it before as well, and it sounds great to take your mind off what is bothering you, because it's an outlet.  It really is not the answer.  What would be wise to do though is to talk to an adult that you can confide in about the way you feel, maybe even a therapist.  Suicide just ends your life all together, why not try and get through it, it is deffinetly possible.  Remember all the good things that happen in your life.  Depression/bipoalr  deals can deal with a chemical imbalance in your brain that you cannot control.  You should also inform your doctor about the way you feel, they can possibly help. 

November 12, 2008, 1:48 pm CST

Pregnant Mother 15, Father 16

My 16 yr old grandson lives with me.  Recently, he talked to me about his ex-g/friend, being pregnant.  She is 15.   They broke up, now there is to be a baby.   This is a major dilemma and there are so many lives affected, with questions galore. 

First of all, neither of them are ready to parent a child.   He still watches cartoons for heavens sake and has 1 1/2 yrs of school left.   That is if he can pass the CA High School Exit Exams before then. 

She has more issues than any young girl should ever have to face.  She says, She was molested by her brother, she's a cutter, she's threatened suicide (if they break up), and she has to keep the baby because it will be all that she has, everyone else has deserted her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both of them agree they were irresponsible.   He has tried to talk to her about adoption, but she refuses to listen.  He's explained, "they are too young."  That he can't financially take care of a baby.  She refuses.   There was a meeting between the families and he stepped up to say he would do what is right.  Of course, he wants to do the right thing.  But she took that as being together again and starting hounding him about moving into my house.   No way.  

She's 15, her family has to take care of her.   They have told her, she can not live there after the baby is born.   She can not live here.   So she keeps thinking that my grandson will take care of her and the baby after it is born.    What a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are there others out there with similar situation??????  Would like to hear from you.  Thanks

November 12, 2008, 5:12 pm CST

Teen Talk

So ive been having a major issue with my high school. I'm a junior and i'm very close to counting down the days until i graduate. i have no interest in my school and really wish i didnt have to go most the time. Its relatively small.. I'm respected greatly by all the teachers and staff although students it's different. I am really frustrated right now because I feel like no one appreciates anything I do. My bestfriend has a great boyfriend for her...but he seriously can't stand me and i can't stand him. Also i am very involved with one group in our school. i am in an officer position and love it. although the the others on my team don't want to be there. maybe im overexagerating but really it's gone on long enough. i would transfer but i feel like if i do that i'm running away from my problems... Any suggestions

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last