Message Boards

Topic : Teen Talk

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:10:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Please join us on the new Teen Talk message boards: Click Here

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 11, 2008, 3:34 am CDT

Friends

I am feeling very alone right now. I used to live here, but then I moved away and now I've been back for two years and I still don't have any true friends. There are a few girls I hang out with at school and some after school acitvities, but they sometimes even talk openly about doing things together or having a sleep over while I'm there and they never include me. I am very shy and I want desperatly to be friends with people who want to be around me, not just people who tollerate me being with them. I've joined clubs and activities, but still have a hard time making friends. I think part of it too is that I'm 16 and I don't like boys, but most girls talk about that a lot, so I don't really join in those conversations and I think sometimes they take it as disintrest in them in general. Sometimes I cry at night because I just want a few close friends to talk to and I have no one.  I tell my mom a lot of stuff, but I want people my age to talk to, people my age who will help me with my problems. I don't know what to do anymore and I'm feeling pretty sad a lot of the time because while all of the girls I hang out with at school are hanging out together, no one has invited me to go anywhere (and I'm too shy to invite someone else somewhere) and I'm just stuck at home. I love my family dearly, but I feel like a loner sometimes and I just want friends!

October 11, 2008, 12:56 pm CDT

hey dr.

m 18 ... ive never felt that .. ive never felt like having a teen spirit, the story started when i continued high school in a puplic school and their all what girls worry about is ''sex '' and getting married ! ive never had the chance to express my self free. all what ive done was trying to adapt to my friends .. ive never show what it is really behind me .. now n college it is the same over here ... nd what make it harder for me is having no guys in college too because of my major .. anyway ... the main problem i have is the feeling of lonliness and not having the chance to express myself ..what about sex ? it is really that wrong not to have sex at my age ? what should i do ?

October 15, 2008, 7:22 am CDT

Teen Talk

hey dr.phil i dont know how to start but i am worry about everything i guess im having a great responsibility of the school that really makes me worried &about that new love that enters my life from the net i m in love with somebody i never saw him may be its a mistake  but i feel awesome to talk to him well alot of people say that im having some mystery in m life i dont know sometimes think im chisofrank or thing like that    

October 15, 2008, 10:57 am CDT

hey

Quote From: batoul

m 18 ... ive never felt that .. ive never felt like having a teen spirit, the story started when i continued high school in a puplic school and their all what girls worry about is ''sex '' and getting married ! ive never had the chance to express my self free. all what ive done was trying to adapt to my friends .. ive never show what it is really behind me .. now n college it is the same over here ... nd what make it harder for me is having no guys in college too because of my major .. anyway ... the main problem i have is the feeling of lonliness and not having the chance to express myself ..what about sex ? it is really that wrong not to have sex at my age ? what should i do ?

Hey ´m 18 to and I know what your feeling, everyone at my school is talking about the same thing. I don´t feel embarassed about it, I think that it´s a great thing to not doing it. But to wait until you think and feel it is right. It is not wrong to be different.!

October 15, 2008, 5:33 pm CDT

Advice

I am only 13 but I already suffer depression. No body believes that I do because of my Bipolar mood swings. My friends are afraid that I am at risk for suicde. I am scared. But at times i feel that it would make everything better. Like a numb feeling instead of pain and fear.

October 16, 2008, 7:20 am CDT

Love and Age

Hey everyone my name is Eric and I'm 17 years old, and here's my story...

Ok me and this girl name Theresa are in love with each other, were both right for each other, we both make each other laugh, we both make each other feel good about them self, were just so right for each other...But there a catch to this perfect love, her mom don't want us together. I can understand why her mom don't want us together, because Theresa is only 13 years old. But the thing I want to know, dose age mean anything? To me. and her age is just a number. Me and her look at it, were both in love, we both are right for each other, so can we just be togehter in peace? With out everyone bugging us about ae age and stuff. If anyone can help me out here, that would be great....

Thanks...

October 16, 2008, 8:24 am CDT

Reach for help

Quote From: darksoul

I am only 13 but I already suffer depression. No body believes that I do because of my Bipolar mood swings. My friends are afraid that I am at risk for suicde. I am scared. But at times i feel that it would make everything better. Like a numb feeling instead of pain and fear.

Hi,

Reach for help because I have been in the same situation as you, when I was a teenager I even tried to commit suicide many times because I had a low self esteem. I understand you're scared, please reach to somebody who has a will to help you. You are bright, you are intelligent, you have gifts and tallents and ther's so much in you. Please get your life back.

October 16, 2008, 11:37 am CDT

Teen Talk

Hi,
Im a 19 year old girl and have suffered with depression for over 4 years. Over the past couple months I have suffered from severe depression. I have days that I just wanna die I cant handle all the stress and lonliness I have. I feel like theres this constant black cloud hanging over me and its painful to get up and go on with my day each and every day. Ive showing people how I feel but no one gets it and im to shy to go up to someone and just tell them.

October 17, 2008, 6:42 am CDT

my father wants to kill me

this is not a joke or an exageration...my father's goal in life is to make me and my mother the most miserable creatures on the planet ,he made me attempt suicide more than 5 times ,the only reason whyi stop every time is because i fear god. i' m the daughter than every father dreams about ,i'm smart and talented ,and having the best grades at school, but all i get in return is the most miserable life ever.

last summer i had 2 nervous break downs ,i'm currently suffering from a serious depression and from bulimia (i lost more than 50 ponds ) and still losing weight and my willing to live every day.

please if any of the dr phil staff is reading this please please help me ,or just tell me what to do because i can't keep on living like this.

October 17, 2008, 11:03 pm CDT

Teen Talk

My name is Kelly and I am seventeen years old and a senior in high school. I have been told by a "crazy" psychologist that I have sever depression, though I have no idea when I first started being depressed. I can barely remember my childhood, and what I can remember isn't normally happy. From what I can remember, I have always tried to hide all my feelings (except happiness) from my family and friends, especially my father.

I started huring myself when I was a little kid, just little things when i relized it caused pain, though at the time I didn't relize why I liked it. I started cutting myself around my sophmore year, though I haven't recently, because I can't risk it since my parents found out. I think about cutting myself every day, along with killing myself, and how much better it would be if I was just dead.

I have trust issues, loniness, and I am quite shy. My father tried sending me to a psycologist when he found out, since he was afraid of being arrested if he did nothing. The first one my parents sent me to was a cold person who treated the person like a broken toy. After I refused to go back, they sent me to another person, and when I refused to talk to her, she told my parents that she didn't want to make me come since I didn't want to. Thankfully since then my parents have acted like nothing was ever wrong, though I do want something to make the depression stop, or at least lessen.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last