Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 "Who Am I?"

Number of Replies: 288
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 02:53:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/16/08) Imagine waking up one day and having no recollection of anything or anyone. What would you do? Four years ago, that was the fate of a man who now calls himself Benjaman: Found beaten, naked and unconscious behind a Burger King in Georgia, Benjaman didn't even recognize himself in the mirror. Although he can't recall his past, what does Benjaman say he knows to be true about his life? Katherine, a nurse working at a health facility, took him in and is working tirelessly to help him discover his true identity. Dr. Phil put private investigator Harold Copus on the case. Did he determine Benjaman's true identity? Is Benjaman suffering from a severe case of amnesia? Dr. Barbara Knowlton, professor of psychology at UCLA and Dr. Frank Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, shed light on this condition. Then, meet Holly, who not only suffers from amnesia, but is also fighting another condition that has dramatically hindered her life. Find out how she has been able to move forward. Will the advice she offers Benjaman inspire him to keep putting one foot in front of the other? Tune in to see if you recognize Benjaman.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you think you know this man?  E-mail the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 20, 2009, 8:17 pm CST

12/31 "Who Am I?"

I was just curious, has Sylvia Brown been involved or contacted at all?  Maybe she could pick up on something. 

January 27, 2009, 3:56 pm CST

12/31 "Who Am I?"

I cannot believe this is not resolved.  No updates? 

Ben, keep digging, the answers are somewhere, I'm convinced.

Best wishes,
Sue

February 18, 2009, 12:27 pm CST

12/31 "Who Am I?"

Everyone have a look at dannybarter.com

February 22, 2009, 8:15 am CST

Benjaman Kyle y-dna results in.

Benjaman Kyle y-dna results in.  It shows to be within a Joseph Powell family.

Even though there are many markers alike, from all I read, it cannot be said that he

is a son or brother or cousin of that family. 

Benjaman Kyle will undergo extensive dna testing.

Link:  http://genealogy.about.com 

Using geneaology to identify an amnesia victim

FamilyTreeDna

Powell Surname Family Tree Project 

Sorry, it would not me put the complete link on forum.

March 5, 2009, 2:11 pm CST

danny barter

Quote From: katinagriffin

Everyone have a look at dannybarter.com

Do you know if there are better pictures of his siblings? The one brother looks like he resembles "Benjaman"
Pic 1
Pic 2

March 16, 2009, 12:43 am CDT

Who am I

First, Sorry my English is not the best.

Benjamin, - how does he know that he only have amnesia for 4 years, - he could have it before they found him?

And just like the women, he mayby can speak English, but he is from an other country. You know the women, when she woke up, she spoke spanish.

So mayby Benjamin is NOT an American.

Dear Benjamin, I hope you find your self.

March 23, 2009, 6:31 am CDT

did anyone know Benjaman

hi Dr Phil team, i am in South Africa and have just seen this show about this poor man - i dont see any follow up on your site and i am very anxious to know if anyone has come forward to claim this man as thier family?  have you looked into the possiblity that his family was killed in an accident and he has blocked it out?  many thanks  Melanie

March 24, 2009, 7:53 am CDT

He's from Northern Indiana

I own an engineering firm, with clients all over Indiana.  Some from Kentucky and W. Virginia.  Benjamin's dialect is a strong Northern Indiana, North of Indianapolis.  He thought he lived in Indianapolis because he remembered our grilled cheese/milkshake Dairy barn, but I know for sure that he grew up north of Indy due to that dialect.  I've never heard that dialect anywhere else in our state, or outside of our state.

If they would interview with local news stations here, I believe he would start getting some leads because not too many people are off work by 3:00 to watch Dr. Phil in our state.

I'm 99.999999% positive of this, I wish they would do a followup and come here to do some news interviews.  I knew this dialect way before he stated he remembered the Indiana State Fair.

Let's see some progress and work on these tips!

Dee

March 25, 2009, 6:42 pm CDT

Update please

Hi,

They have just aired the show Who am i, in New Zealand this story touched my heart,as this man needs his identity back.........have there been any leads.

May 3, 2009, 9:30 am CDT

I AGREE!!!

Quote From: drossin

I own an engineering firm, with clients all over Indiana.  Some from Kentucky and W. Virginia.  Benjamin's dialect is a strong Northern Indiana, North of Indianapolis.  He thought he lived in Indianapolis because he remembered our grilled cheese/milkshake Dairy barn, but I know for sure that he grew up north of Indy due to that dialect.  I've never heard that dialect anywhere else in our state, or outside of our state.

If they would interview with local news stations here, I believe he would start getting some leads because not too many people are off work by 3:00 to watch Dr. Phil in our state.

I'm 99.999999% positive of this, I wish they would do a followup and come here to do some news interviews.  I knew this dialect way before he stated he remembered the Indiana State Fair.

Let's see some progress and work on these tips!

Dee

I agree with you 110%. I live in SW Indiana and when I listened to the tape he speaks like my brother who is from Indiana but lives in southern Wisconsin. I think his accent has faded slightly over time but that is what it is. NW Indiana. There are a lot of Catholic schools in that area as well which matches his memory of that. Benjamin is also a surname in Indiana. 

I agree with you, plaster this all over Indiana, Illinois and the Great Lakes and maybe we could see someone come forward.  I have put it on our company's MySpace page and our website. 

Take care,

Molly

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next | Last