Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 "Who Am I?"

Number of Replies: 288
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 02:53:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/16/08) Imagine waking up one day and having no recollection of anything or anyone. What would you do? Four years ago, that was the fate of a man who now calls himself Benjaman: Found beaten, naked and unconscious behind a Burger King in Georgia, Benjaman didn't even recognize himself in the mirror. Although he can't recall his past, what does Benjaman say he knows to be true about his life? Katherine, a nurse working at a health facility, took him in and is working tirelessly to help him discover his true identity. Dr. Phil put private investigator Harold Copus on the case. Did he determine Benjaman's true identity? Is Benjaman suffering from a severe case of amnesia? Dr. Barbara Knowlton, professor of psychology at UCLA and Dr. Frank Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, shed light on this condition. Then, meet Holly, who not only suffers from amnesia, but is also fighting another condition that has dramatically hindered her life. Find out how she has been able to move forward. Will the advice she offers Benjaman inspire him to keep putting one foot in front of the other? Tune in to see if you recognize Benjaman.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you think you know this man?  E-mail the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 16, 2008, 12:30 pm CDT

He looks like a Bush

I think he looks so much like George Bush.  Maybe he new something horrible about President Bush and the CIA drugged him.

October 16, 2008, 12:33 pm CDT

Hilarious he has to be a Bush

Quote From: yuan4u

I am a student in Public Health and Biological Science at the University of North Carolina Charlotte; I have a keen interest in genetics and epidemiology. I find Benjamin Nobody to have several distinct traits to our beloved president, George W. Bush. His eyes and nose structures bare some uncanny likeness to the Bushs family. I would love to see a DNA match of him with the Bushs family. Compare his photo with the president for starters. Perhaps his past was deliberately erased because of some unknown reasons. That's where I would begin my investigation if that was my case study.

I just posted the same thing.  They said he could be from Texas.  The resemblance is striking!

October 16, 2008, 1:12 pm CDT

GWB conspiracy buffs, lol

Let me point out that the Bush's are from Conn...a NE state.  GWB has an acquired accent from when he moved to Texas as an adult....Peace

October 16, 2008, 1:14 pm CDT

being in a coma is like this....

In January, I had surgery that really went wrong. They put me in a coma for 3 weeks for surgery that was supposed to have me in the hospital for 3 days only. I got out of the hospital a month to the day of my surgery. During the Coma, I missed my birthday. today I still think I am a year younger than I actually am. So I know what it is like to lose part of you. Amnesia would be Hell on Earth. The hallucinations, I had in the coma were totally unreal. So my thoughts are with this gentleman.

October 16, 2008, 1:19 pm CDT

who am i?

I was suprised that there is not a soul on this earth that does not know this gentleman........

I suggest to Dr. Phil and the investigator to maybe treat him like a "john doe" forensically.

Not once did I here that his dental records were checked...........very  odd.........or his DNA ........he may not be in the crimanal system but what about a relative?

DENTAL RECORDS, DENTAL RECORDS, DENTAL RECORDS!

Hope this helps.

October 16, 2008, 1:26 pm CDT

Crazy.....

I just finished watching this show and if I was this man, I would be talking with a lawyer or something and find out my rights to get a new ssn so he can move on with his life and then afterwards, try to find out who he was and what happened. I can't imagine my life w/o an identity. That is crazy and there has to be a way for him to start over. I mean, he obviously is not the first person that this condition has happened to.

October 16, 2008, 1:30 pm CDT

Fascinating

I really hope Benjamin can find out who he is! I thought today's show was fascinating. 

And the other lady, too ~ going through life with no visual memory.  That would be a drag to have to be continually explaining that to people!

I know Dr. Phil has a reputation for being tell it like it is, and even "harsh", but, I've noticed in watching him, especially today, that his demeanor with people is very sensitive and caring.

Even when he is confronting someone it is in a very caring way ~ after all, sometimes confronting someone is the most caring thing you can do.

October 16, 2008, 1:31 pm CDT

Benjaman's pictures

Hi, Is there a way to see those pictures of Benjaman here on the website? All I found was a tiny little picture of three  that doesn't make them larger when I clicked on it. Need to see them enlarged. The one in his 30's seemed a little familiar to me, and I am from Indiana...born in Indianapolis.

October 16, 2008, 1:40 pm CDT

who am i

besides checking dental records.........i would suggest x-rays of his WHOLE BODY to see if any major surgery has been done or implant.......if it is unusual it could be traced. 

October 16, 2008, 1:45 pm CDT

Who Am I Sounds Like he is from Oklahoma?

He sound so much like he is from Oklahoma?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last