Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 "Who Am I?"

Number of Replies: 288
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 02:53:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/16/08) Imagine waking up one day and having no recollection of anything or anyone. What would you do? Four years ago, that was the fate of a man who now calls himself Benjaman: Found beaten, naked and unconscious behind a Burger King in Georgia, Benjaman didn't even recognize himself in the mirror. Although he can't recall his past, what does Benjaman say he knows to be true about his life? Katherine, a nurse working at a health facility, took him in and is working tirelessly to help him discover his true identity. Dr. Phil put private investigator Harold Copus on the case. Did he determine Benjaman's true identity? Is Benjaman suffering from a severe case of amnesia? Dr. Barbara Knowlton, professor of psychology at UCLA and Dr. Frank Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, shed light on this condition. Then, meet Holly, who not only suffers from amnesia, but is also fighting another condition that has dramatically hindered her life. Find out how she has been able to move forward. Will the advice she offers Benjaman inspire him to keep putting one foot in front of the other? Tune in to see if you recognize Benjaman.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you think you know this man?  E-mail the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 16, 2008, 5:48 pm CDT

Manners

Quote From: cmonkey

does BK stand for Benjaman Kyle or Burger King?

That's pretty poor taste considering the circumstance.

October 16, 2008, 5:48 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: ntrotter

This man looks very similar to a missing man from Bartlesville Oklahoma.  The missing mans name is David Rockey and has been missing since 2002.

WOW!! He really does look like this guy.....even the nose and the hair!!!

I Googled David Rockey and the picture I viewed didn't look at all like Benjaman . . .

October 16, 2008, 5:51 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: katcoy

He looks like David Rockey!!!!! The nose is the same.
I didn't think Benjaman looked like the picture I saw of David Rockey but I sure think he looks like a member of the Bush family!!  Especially the nose . . .

October 16, 2008, 6:01 pm CDT

I found this on the web

Approximate Height and Weight:
5'11"; 240 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics:
Graying hair with receding hairline
Blue-green eyes
Above-average intelligence
Well-spoken
Professional demeanor

Marks, Scars:
Two parallel surgical scars on left elbow (from reparative surgery for broken elbow that may involve pins/plates implantation). Surgical scar on front of neck appears to be from cervical discectomy. Small round scar on left side of face near chin appears to be a puncture-type wound but believes it may be related to former tooth abscess. No tattoos. No body piercings.

Medical:
Blinding cataracts in both eyes may have resulted from prolonged exposure to sun while unconscious prior to being found and brought to hospital.

Fingerprints:
On file with the FBI in Savannah, Georgia.

Dentals:
Three teeth missing from upper front and one tooth missing from upper right side of mouth. Not known whether dental problems occurred after or as result of mugging in August of 2004.

Look for an upcoming episode of "Dr Phil" featuring Benjaman Kyle. In the mean time -- if you have any tips that might help indentify Benjaman Kyle -- we're interested in hearing from you.

If you have any information about this case please contact:
FBI - Savannah, GA
Bill Kirkconnell
912-232-3716
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

October 16, 2008, 6:18 pm CDT

Prayers for Benjamin and Holly

Only those who have shared here that they too have suffered from amnesia can know the torment of not knowing who they are.  Poor Benjamin seemed so overwhelmed and I thought Dr. Phil wise to have  suggested to him that he allow himself to build a new life, and then bring Holly forth with her story in which she's done exactly that.  The big difference is that I seem to recall Holly mentioning her mother, so she has at the very least a "story" about herself even if she doesn't remember; she has something to fall back on.  Benjamin is just "lost," and this poor soul believes he can't move forward, can't even get an I.D.  That is tragic.

I commend all of you who entertain some idea of having seen Benjamin or know of still missing persons whom he resembles, and that you are sharing what you can.  I hope the rest of us will include Ben in our prayers and Holly too; she was so delighted to learn there may be new medical treatments out there that might help her improve her condition.   I'm hoping Dr. Phil having shown Benjamin to millions, and together with his resources, this will culminate in solutions for Benjamin's dilemma. 

Another something we can pray about is that the bureauracy will produce a solution to get him a Social Security card so that until he's been identified, he can develop a sense of self and gainful employment.  I think that problem needs to be taken to a higher authority within the Social Security Administration than an employee working their phone banks! 

October 16, 2008, 6:37 pm CDT

NEED WEBSITE

I have been searching for a long~lost friend for years, but have never been able to find her.

Does anybody  here know a website I can go to for free, to search for her?

THANK YOU, ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!!!

mammak9

October 16, 2008, 6:40 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: gorkon

My friend says she thinks his name is Paul Weikel.  She just gets a feeling.  Also, he looks younger than 60 and he could be from Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, or Oklahoma.  That doesn't narrow it much, I know.  Maybe someone can look up Paul Weikel.  Good luck to him.

I searched this name and here is what I found,

http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/album44/pw005_05

October 16, 2008, 6:58 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: clintster33

I searched this name and here is what I found,

http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/album44/pw005_05

I looked up Paul Weikel and I don't think it looks anything like Banjaman. :(

October 16, 2008, 7:06 pm CDT

Paul Weikel

I just looked at the picture of Paul Weikel, and I do think that that there is a resemblance to Benjaman.  I assume that Paul is missing.  Did your friend give you any details?  I have been following this case for over a year, and I hope that someone will recognize him.  It is so heartbreaking. 

October 16, 2008, 7:41 pm CDT

WHAT???????

I am wondering why nobody knows this guy's name. WHAT HAPPENED TO FINGERPRINTING SOMEONE FOR IDENITY PURPOSES? So at least his name will be known. RIGHT?

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last