Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 "Who Am I?"

Number of Replies: 288
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 02:53:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/16/08) Imagine waking up one day and having no recollection of anything or anyone. What would you do? Four years ago, that was the fate of a man who now calls himself Benjaman: Found beaten, naked and unconscious behind a Burger King in Georgia, Benjaman didn't even recognize himself in the mirror. Although he can't recall his past, what does Benjaman say he knows to be true about his life? Katherine, a nurse working at a health facility, took him in and is working tirelessly to help him discover his true identity. Dr. Phil put private investigator Harold Copus on the case. Did he determine Benjaman's true identity? Is Benjaman suffering from a severe case of amnesia? Dr. Barbara Knowlton, professor of psychology at UCLA and Dr. Frank Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, shed light on this condition. Then, meet Holly, who not only suffers from amnesia, but is also fighting another condition that has dramatically hindered her life. Find out how she has been able to move forward. Will the advice she offers Benjaman inspire him to keep putting one foot in front of the other? Tune in to see if you recognize Benjaman.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you think you know this man?  E-mail the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 16, 2008, 7:50 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: griffinwolf

I was suprised that there is not a soul on this earth that does not know this gentleman........

I suggest to Dr. Phil and the investigator to maybe treat him like a "john doe" forensically.

Not once did I here that his dental records were checked...........very  odd.........or his DNA ........he may not be in the crimanal system but what about a relative?

DENTAL RECORDS, DENTAL RECORDS, DENTAL RECORDS!

Hope this helps.

no kidding that's what I'm saying!!! or fingerprints; something RIGHT!

October 16, 2008, 8:24 pm CDT

Found this on the web, hope it helps

Approximate Height and Weight:
5'11"; 240 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics:
Graying hair with receding hairline
Blue-green eyes
Above-average intelligence
Well-spoken
Professional demeanor

Marks, Scars:
Two parallel surgical scars on left elbow (from reparative surgery for broken elbow that may involve pins/plates implantation). Surgical scar on front of neck appears to be from cervical discectomy. Small round scar on left side of face near chin appears to be a puncture-type wound but believes it may be related to former tooth abscess. No tattoos. No body piercings.

Medical:
Blinding cataracts in both eyes may have resulted from prolonged exposure to sun while unconscious prior to being found and brought to hospital.

Fingerprints:
On file with the FBI in Savannah, Georgia.

Dentals:
Three teeth missing from upper front and one tooth missing from upper right side of mouth. Not known whether dental problems occurred after or as result of mugging in August of 2004.

Look for an upcoming episode of "Dr Phil" featuring Benjaman Kyle. In the mean time -- if you have any tips that might help indentify Benjaman Kyle -- we're interested in hearing from you.

If you have any information about this case please contact:
FBI - Savannah, GA
Bill Kirkconnell
912-232-3716
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

October 16, 2008, 8:44 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: canonsmom

That's pretty poor taste considering the circumstance.

For some reason, the name Benjaman - "with the A, not the I" - has logged into his mind. He's not sure if that is his name or the name of a family member, but he likes the name, he said. 

He decided to use the last name of Kyle because that would make his initials BK - just like the short version of Burger King. 

"I got tired of the jokes about Burger King," he said. 

October 16, 2008, 9:00 pm CDT

Who Am I

I think someone should look into him being a mexican from mexico .I noticed watching the show that he said he was definitly not from Texas. Texas has a large boarder.He may have been hear for some time and when the attack happend  ,while in the hospital he might have got the idea  to do this because he was afraid he was going to get deported.

October 16, 2008, 9:15 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: jewelsf

If I was related to our "Beloved?" president Bush, I would try my hardest to forget who I was also!
I would not normally reply to such a thing, but your comment was inappropriate and totally out-of-bounds. This is not a politcal discussion, and a little tact and respectful discourse would be appreciated. Many of us do appreciate President Bush; but that has zero to do with this particular show.

October 16, 2008, 9:16 pm CDT

Missing man

Quote From: jasminet

Approximate Height and Weight:
5'11"; 240 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics:
Graying hair with receding hairline
Blue-green eyes
Above-average intelligence
Well-spoken
Professional demeanor

Marks, Scars:
Two parallel surgical scars on left elbow (from reparative surgery for broken elbow that may involve pins/plates implantation). Surgical scar on front of neck appears to be from cervical discectomy. Small round scar on left side of face near chin appears to be a puncture-type wound but believes it may be related to former tooth abscess. No tattoos. No body piercings.

Medical:
Blinding cataracts in both eyes may have resulted from prolonged exposure to sun while unconscious prior to being found and brought to hospital.

Fingerprints:
On file with the FBI in Savannah, Georgia.

Dentals:
Three teeth missing from upper front and one tooth missing from upper right side of mouth. Not known whether dental problems occurred after or as result of mugging in August of 2004.

Look for an upcoming episode of "Dr Phil" featuring Benjaman Kyle. In the mean time -- if you have any tips that might help indentify Benjaman Kyle -- we're interested in hearing from you.

If you have any information about this case please contact:
FBI - Savannah, GA
Bill Kirkconnell
912-232-3716
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

One other thing I would be checking for while looking around the area's of interest is football teams pictures both high school and college. To me he has a build like he may have been a running back at one time and your page says he probably had surgery for a broken elbow and also says something about a scar under the chin both of which could be from football injuries. Just a thought.

This guy looks so familiar I can't stop thinking about it because I feel like I have seen him before somewhere and I am trying to remember but it hasn't hit me yet.

October 16, 2008, 10:24 pm CDT

Benjaman Kyle

Quote From: griffinwolf

besides checking dental records.........i would suggest x-rays of his WHOLE BODY to see if any major surgery has been done or implant.......if it is unusual it could be traced. 
actually on The Doe Network it says that he has two parellel surgical scars on his left elbow from reparative surgery for a broken elbow that may involve a pins/plates inplantation. He also has a surigical scar on the front of his neck from a discectomy. I don't know why they didn't mention this on the show. On Websleuths it says he does indeed have a plate implanted in his left arm. 

October 16, 2008, 10:27 pm CDT

Y-DNA Test for Surname

I saw only one post about a DNA test. I run my own Y-DNA test board for the last name KRUSE. Benjaman being a male can get a simple Y-DNA test for males only which tracks the Y chromosone. If he matches with another person in the global Y-DNA databases this would give him a last name because the Y chromosone info comes from the father's father, etc and tracks the male lineage, like signing his name to every molecule. Since males retain their last name through life the Y-DNA test is a very powerful way to find a surname or last name that you belong to.  Even if he does not match today, so many people are getting tested that his odds increase almost daily of finding a match.

God Speed to Benjamin...my prayers are with him.

October 16, 2008, 10:31 pm CDT

Amnesia man Benjaman Kyle

This man looks so much like a missing man from Bolzano, Italy named Josef Uterhuber. He went missing on Jan 11, 1988. He fits the description of Ben and his eyes look exactly like Bens. Only thing is Josef has that dimple chin thing going on and Ben don't.  Josef was 32 yrs old in 1988 when he went missing.

October 16, 2008, 10:36 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

Quote From: doodlebug60

I didn't think Benjaman looked like the picture I saw of David Rockey but I sure think he looks like a member of the Bush family!!  Especially the nose . . .
I don't think he looks anything like David Rockey.

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last