Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 "Who Am I?"

Number of Replies: 288
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 02:53:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/16/08) Imagine waking up one day and having no recollection of anything or anyone. What would you do? Four years ago, that was the fate of a man who now calls himself Benjaman: Found beaten, naked and unconscious behind a Burger King in Georgia, Benjaman didn't even recognize himself in the mirror. Although he can't recall his past, what does Benjaman say he knows to be true about his life? Katherine, a nurse working at a health facility, took him in and is working tirelessly to help him discover his true identity. Dr. Phil put private investigator Harold Copus on the case. Did he determine Benjaman's true identity? Is Benjaman suffering from a severe case of amnesia? Dr. Barbara Knowlton, professor of psychology at UCLA and Dr. Frank Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, shed light on this condition. Then, meet Holly, who not only suffers from amnesia, but is also fighting another condition that has dramatically hindered her life. Find out how she has been able to move forward. Will the advice she offers Benjaman inspire him to keep putting one foot in front of the other? Tune in to see if you recognize Benjaman.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you think you know this man?  E-mail the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 12, 2008, 12:32 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Am Doctor I Phil Who. I know who you are. You are Doctor Phil of the Doctor Phil Show. But do you know-

who am I? Iam not going to tell you. You have to guess. See you on Thursday October 16th, 2008. Since-

rley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 14, 2008, 9:26 pm CDT

crazy story or what?

How disturbing to think you could lose everything by losing your memory. I'm doubtful that anyone could move forward in life after havng that happen. The report of the show claims this 'holly' moved forward after having amnesia. I'd like to see how they prove that. No way anyone could move forward after suffering a terrible brain loss like amnesia.

October 15, 2008, 6:22 pm CDT

Just started watching this

I'm stationed in Belgium and they are showing this on the American Forces Network (AFN) right now. It just started, but this is really interesting. I'll post back later after I see the whole show.

October 15, 2008, 7:05 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

That was a pretty crazy show. It sounds like something out of a movie. I didn't even know this kind of thing actually happened. It's kind of odd that he's been missing for 4 years and no one has claimed him too. And abouy Holly. That's a pretty crazy condition also. It's hard to imagin what it would be like to not have any visual memory. Hmm, weird stuff.

October 16, 2008, 6:43 am CDT

blood test

why not do a blood test with places that do failme trees and shuch. if that do that it mite open new ways to find out who he is and thay can do the same with all the people on the show aswell. just one thing like that can help all of them out with who they are and where they live and who mite know more about them.

October 16, 2008, 7:28 am CDT

this took

Quote From: cloudreed

why not do a blood test with places that do failme trees and shuch. if that do that it mite open new ways to find out who he is and thay can do the same with all the people on the show aswell. just one thing like that can help all of them out with who they are and where they live and who mite know more about them.
me forever TO read!

lol

October 16, 2008, 7:41 am CDT

Why not try???

What about psychics, (like ones who work for police departments and such...not quacks).

What about hypnosis...I'd like to see him hypnotized on the show!!!

October 16, 2008, 7:54 am CDT

Quote From: scorpio256

What about psychics, (like ones who work for police departments and such...not quacks).

What about hypnosis...I'd like to see him hypnotized on the show!!!

that
Sylvia Brown
lol

October 16, 2008, 8:07 am CDT

sad

I hope this man finds what he is looking for. I just can not imagine not knowing my past. Im sure some one out here knows something.

October 16, 2008, 8:12 am CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

I feel so bad for that man. I hope he figures out what happened. I also thought he should try a psychic. At this point I would be open to anything. If I were him, I would contact a good psychic like Char. I think he looked  military. I do not know why. Maybe he was in Vietnam and that was tramatic to him. I am not sure if he is too young for that. I will pray for him and I hope Dr Phil keeps us updated on him. That is why I came on here to see if there was any updates. Well best of luck Mr. Benjamin if you read this. :)

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last