Message Boards

Topic : 12/31 "Who Am I?"

Number of Replies: 288
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 10, 2008, 02:53:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/16/08) Imagine waking up one day and having no recollection of anything or anyone. What would you do? Four years ago, that was the fate of a man who now calls himself Benjaman: Found beaten, naked and unconscious behind a Burger King in Georgia, Benjaman didn't even recognize himself in the mirror. Although he can't recall his past, what does Benjaman say he knows to be true about his life? Katherine, a nurse working at a health facility, took him in and is working tirelessly to help him discover his true identity. Dr. Phil put private investigator Harold Copus on the case. Did he determine Benjaman's true identity? Is Benjaman suffering from a severe case of amnesia? Dr. Barbara Knowlton, professor of psychology at UCLA and Dr. Frank Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil advisory board, shed light on this condition. Then, meet Holly, who not only suffers from amnesia, but is also fighting another condition that has dramatically hindered her life. Find out how she has been able to move forward. Will the advice she offers Benjaman inspire him to keep putting one foot in front of the other? Tune in to see if you recognize Benjaman.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you think you know this man?  E-mail the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 16, 2008, 1:45 pm CDT

weird resemblence

well, watching this today, as Benjaman was talking he really has the same mannerisms when he speaks (the way he moves his head for instance) to Dennis Rader.  I hate to say that, but the timing kind of is weird that it has been about 4 years since Dennis Rader was caught.  Hope this isn't so for Benjaman as he seems to be such a nice, intelligent person.

Regards

Jo Ann

October 16, 2008, 1:48 pm CDT

look at Amarillo, TX

We had a lawyer disappear from Amarillo several years ago.  I wasn't involved with this family but it made a impression on me for several reasons.  It may be a wild goose chase.  We moved away from Amarillo last year. So don't know if that case was solved but I thought it may be something you all could look at.

October 16, 2008, 1:48 pm CDT

Raymond Kohout??

Dr. Phil,

You did not tell us who to call if we did think we recognized him.

When you showed the photos of how he would look in his 40s and 30s it reminded me of Raymond Wayne Kohout.....Missing from Salmon Arm, BC Canada. HAve a look!! Google him. He is still missing.

October 16, 2008, 1:52 pm CDT

Wow

I am from Richmond Hill where this happen and I didn't hear anything about it. The rap was keep on this one. This is a very small town and everything is alway found out no matter what happens and this one was kept quiet. I feel so bad for him.

October 16, 2008, 1:53 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

This man looks very similar to a missing man from Bartlesville Oklahoma.  The missing mans name is David Rockey and has been missing since 2002.

October 16, 2008, 1:58 pm CDT

sure wish I could help this poor man...

Quote From: eparnell20

I just posted the same thing.  They said he could be from Texas.  The resemblance is striking!

I've been trying my best to place this man's face since the show began today.  He looks so very familiar.  Perhaps it's just that his situation is so unfathomable for most of us, that we feel compelled to try & help.  I was an Employee Benefit & Safety Manager in Belleville, Illinois for 10 years.  I was thinking that he could've been an Underwriter or Account Representative for a Property/Casualty or Health Insurance Company that I may have done business with. 

After the other viewer mentioned the George W. resembelance, well...maybe that's what's caught my eye?  However, because they suspect he could be from the Indiana/Illinois area, I just wanted to share the possibility of any association with the Insurance Industry for Benjamin.  Dr. Phil's show is so widely viewed, I'm confident that someone will recognize him.  Benjamin, best of luck to you in your search. Our prayers are with you.

October 16, 2008, 1:59 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

after you guys said something about the bush family i looked on line this guy looks like the brother neil bush go look at his picture. he was in colorado, and part of a cathlic family and he was not well liked because of some choices he made. vary strange

October 16, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

Dennis Rader mannerisms

did anyone else notice some of the similar mannerisms as Dennis Rader?  4 years since he was caught, Kansas.....

October 16, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

Bizzare

This is a unique and completely bizzare case. What really gets me is FOUR YEARS have gone by, and no one is looking for him? No one has ever sent out a missing persons report? It's weird. Also the fact that four years in the media (some what) and no one has ever come out and said anything that would give a little information about him? It's a crazy case and I hope it's not some screwy prank. Dr. Phil help this guy out!

October 16, 2008, 2:06 pm CDT

military check

show stated fbi checked fingerprints, but did anyone run fingerprints and or dental thru military records...colorado (he "remembers" denver) has military bases. hope he finds something soon

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last