Message Boards

Topic : 04/07 Broken Trust

Number of Replies: 132
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 23, 2008, 01:01:37 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/27/08) A recent Reader’s Digest poll ranked trust as the number one crucial quality for a happy marriage. But what happens when trust between spouses is broken? Deanne and Brian have been married for 12 years and have four children between them. Now, due to alleged lies and infidelity, divorce is just a signature away. Deanne says that Brian has had multiple affairs, inappropriately touched his stepdaughter’s friend, sent messages to other women and seldom wears his wedding ring. Brian says that’s all in the past. He blames Deanne’s long work hours and his previous alcohol abuse for his straying, and says that if those two things remain under control, he thinks their marriage can work. Deanne’s daughters, meanwhile, have conflicting opinions. Find out whose side they’re on. Will this family remain divided? And, can and should this marriage survive? Speak out!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 8, 2009, 10:44 pm CDT

Excuse me?

Quote From: chandlerbing

When you get married you exchange the wows and the rings and it's for LIFE ok! I heard that excuse as to why not wear a ring, because you do mechanic work. Hog wash!!! I'm a married man and whatever I do or wherever I go my ring is on my finger and so is my wife's. Heck I went to the bar by myself a while back and I was hit on by some woman who thought I had beautifull hair "big deal", and my response to this woman was raising my left hand in her face making sure she saw my ring. Well needless to say she moved on and it bothered me none. A man/woman that takes off or doesn't wear a ring is someone in my opinion that wished they were never married or are embarrassed of being married to their spouse. After watching her comment on the Reno trip I'm angry. The two of you are making a mockery of marriage and it be best for the two of you to divorce. Marriage is not a joke, in reality it's one of the greatest Sacrements of the seven. The two of you, each get your cake and ice cream too. Seems to me that one of you has done to the other, and now it;s a game of "you did this, now I can do that". I pray my marriage never remotely resembles yours.

Excuse me but I happen to be extremely happily married (22 years) to the most wonderful, big hearted, kind & gentle, faithful, hard working, perfect man on this earth. I can honestly say that he has no faults that I could pick out after being together for over 24 years. We are a VERY happy married couple and our marriage will indeed last until "Death do we part".

Here's the rub of what you have said. My husband wears his wedding ring as often as he can. BUT, there are times when he does have to leave it at home rather than have his hand caught in machinery or have his finger ripped off. Yes, men wearing rings while working can encounter dangerous situations. Shame on you for saying what you did, "IMO that wished they were never married or are embarrassed of being married to their spouse". What a disgusting comment! You cannot make such broad assumptions about every married man out there, you can only know what is going on in your own mind, not in others.

May 2, 2009, 7:52 pm CDT

Oh boy.

Men are never not cheating. That is no joke. When they aren't, they are thinking about it. Don't kid yourself, just accept it and enjoy him for who he is if you can.

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next Page | Last Page