Message Boards

Topic : 11/03 Child Abductions

Number of Replies: 75
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 30, 2008, 03:18:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You see photos of missing kids on billboards, flyers, at the post office and even in grocery stores. Child abductions are a reality, and friends, neighbors or even relatives could kidnap your youngster! In 2002, 11-year-old Shawn Hornbeck vanished without a trace. His parents, Craig and Pam, lived their worst nightmare, until four-and-a-half years later when Shawn was found alive at the home of a child predator. Hear their emotional story and Shawn's courageous tale of how he survived captivity. Next, Jessyca was 13 when she was abducted, held captive and raped by a neighbor. After three months, she was returned home, but her mother, Monica, says she wasn't the same little girl. It's been 13 years since Jessyca's abduction, but the wounds haven't healed. Hear about the pain she still lives with every day. How can she pick up the pieces of her life? Then, in the new film, Gardens of the Night, Tom Arnold plays a pedophile who targets and manipulates an 8-year-old girl to abduct her. Hear why he and the filmmaker, Damian Harris, were compelled to make this movie. And find out the five things all parents need to know to keep their child safe. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 3, 2008, 1:08 pm CST

Jessyca

My heart goes out to you sweetheart! You are not any of those awful things that that monster told you! PLEASE get help, & don't continue to let that freak control you any longer!!! You smiled slightly on the show, & you'r beauty shined through the pain for a moment....it gave me chills. May God bess you, & keep you . You will be in my prayers. I am giving you a big hug right now in my mind...BEST OF LUCK TO YOU & YOU'R FAMILY!

November 3, 2008, 1:12 pm CST

Jessyca

My heart goes out to you sweetheart! You are not any of those awful things that that monster told you! PLEASE get help, & don't continue to let that freak control you any longer!!! You smiled slightly on the show, & you'r beauty shined through the pain for a moment....it gave me chills. May God bess you, & keep you . You will be in my prayers. I am giving you a big hug right now in my mind...BEST OF LUCK TO YOU & YOU'R FAMILY!

November 3, 2008, 1:18 pm CST

God Bless You Shawn and Family

Shawn is sooooooo right  noone has the right to judge he was a KID and did what he knew to survive.

We are not hear to judge we are hear to love. God bless you Shawn go out and follow your dreams the world is your canvas "paint boy paint"...we are all behind you 150% Prayers are with you and your family you all deserve nothing but happy times ahead. Stay close to the Lord and let him lead.

November 3, 2008, 1:34 pm CST

I know my first name is Steven

Shawn's story reminds me of the movie i saw called 'I Know My First Name is Steven. Once Steven got older, his kidnapper grabbed another younger boy too.

How dare anyone judge these children for what they did, or did not do while being held against their will.

My heart goes out to all the loved one's of the guests of today's show.

November 3, 2008, 1:34 pm CST

Jessyca YOU are BEAUTIFUL!

Jessyca PLEASE let what these selfish childrens said not hurt you any longer and do not give another moment of you to that horrid man hold your head high you did what you had to to survive anyone with any sense knows that. You go out and make the world your own follow your dreams and dream big you have what it takes let the Lord guide you Sweetie you ARE BEAUTIFUL inside and out.

November 3, 2008, 1:42 pm CST

Jessyca is beautiful and brave

As I watch the show, and hear that beautiful, courageous young lady say that people blame her for not escaping, I am filled with anger and dismay.  How Dare they blame her!  They have no idea what it is like to be held captive like that - no idea what goes through a person's mind - "He grabbed me once, if  I run, he'll find me again -he'll hurt me worse and might kill me,,, and he'll go after my family.. "  A child who has been abducted is terrified out of their mind.  They believe what the abuser tells them - that by staying, they are keeping their family safe.  I can NOT believe that anyone would try and blame Jessyca or Sean for not trying to escape.  Those poor children were abused enough by their abductors, they are now safe with their families who love them - Society should NOT abuse them further for being terrified.

November 3, 2008, 1:51 pm CST

Child Abductions

The show about the young lady, Jessica.... When she smiled, the sun came out! She has nothing, nothing, to be ashamed about, and everything to be proud about.  She triumphed over the monster who would destroy her. She is a victor, not a victim. She is beautiful, and with help, will know how beautiful she is in time to come. My thoughts, prayers, and praise are with her always. Elaine, R. N. Texas

November 3, 2008, 1:55 pm CST

So sad

My oldest daughter was abducted and murdered seven years ago.  She would be 26 now.  Seeing Jessyca today just broke my heart.  I sat there and thought that would have been my daughter if she had lived.  I hope Dr. Phil can get some help for Jessyca and that she can know she is a good  person and is not responsible for what happened to her. 

November 3, 2008, 1:57 pm CST

For Jessyca

As I viewer I would like Jessyca to know that she is beautiful.  She is Brave.  She is a survivor.  Being able to survive what has happened to her shows she is strong and courageous.  Being able to stand up infront of millions of people and show she is still with us and speaking a message is beyond the strength your average human being.  The light in this girl is strong and I believe her path to heal and love herself again will be successful.  Very Strong, Brave, and Beautiful Girl.

:)

November 3, 2008, 1:57 pm CST

Jessyca

Jessyca,

Hey sweet girl. I know how you feel. I know how it is to have people say that to you so much that you start to believe it.  I am sorry.  It takes a lot to move past it but you are so strong and you can do it!!  Just know you are loved.  That you have friends out there even if you don't know them.  I hope that you come to learn how amazing you are!  I am with you...  I am praying for you!  Love ya...

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last