Message Boards

Topic : 11/12 Hit Man

Number of Replies: 21
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 07, 2008, 02:44:15 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Music lovers, tune in! Dr. Phil celebrates 40 years of musical genius with legendary music producer David Foster. After four decades, 15 Grammy wins and 45 nominations, David shares his memorable stories in his new book, Hit Man: Forty Years Making Music, Topping the Charts and Winning Grammys, and DVD-CD, David Foster and Friends. Music's biggest stars Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand send in their messages of love and appreciation for their work with the incredible songwriter. And, David shares the story of a tragic accident that changed his life and the reason why his reality show, The Princes of Malibu, was a little too much reality. Plus, Dr. Phil joins David in the recording studio with three-time Grammy-winner Seal. Don’t miss this musical celebration with a surprise rendition for David and an exclusive performance by eight-time Grammy-winner and singer/songwriter Natalie Cole! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 12, 2008, 4:23 pm CST

BIG MUSIC FAN FROM BINGHAMTON, NY

My name is Jennifer and I'm big music fan originally from Binghamton, NY.  I woke up this morning and turned Dr. Phil on only to recognize some of the songs David Foster produced with Chicago, Peter Cetera, and of course Earth, Wind, and Fire, who performed at Binghamton University's Event Center while I was at work.  Thank you Dr. Phil and Robin for having David Foster on your show.  I especially like Celine Dion and remember hearing the others as a little girl growing up in the 70s starting on Jan. 6, 1974 when I was born.  Mr. Foster is a positive role model for all to respect in a crazy, screwed up world.

Thanks again from Jenn in NY

November 12, 2008, 5:16 pm CST

Best Show

Watching your show today with David Foster was the best.  This was a nice change from the usual people in distress or having problems.  This was very uplifting and entertaining today.  Thanks I needed that.

November 12, 2008, 5:40 pm CST

I'm with you!

Quote From: lonipop

I for one am LOVING todays show!!!! Music is a part of all our lives and I have always found solace in a song. My grandmother always told us as children,"those who sing pray twice". It also seems magical in the way there is always just that "right" song to define certain moments in your life. Instant nastalgia to bring you right back or to say exactly how you felt. Music unites all of humanity and gives "words" to describe your emotions.

Seal singing 'change is gonna come' brought me to tears. SO SO beautiful and moving and the perfect theme music for our times.....I have hope and music helps me hold on to it. Thank you David Foster for sharing so much of your love for music with the rest of us!! PLAY ON!!! 

Great show!  Love David Foster and he's Canadian, even better.

November 13, 2008, 1:26 pm CST

WONDERFUL Show!

I just watched my tivo from Dr. Phil with David Foster.  What a fantastic show!!  Thank you, Dr. Phil and staff for putting together such a wonderful show.  It is in my top 5 of Dr. Phil shows I have most enjoyed!!

November 14, 2008, 2:03 am CST

Binghamton NY!

Quote From: jennpessagno74

My name is Jennifer and I'm big music fan originally from Binghamton, NY.  I woke up this morning and turned Dr. Phil on only to recognize some of the songs David Foster produced with Chicago, Peter Cetera, and of course Earth, Wind, and Fire, who performed at Binghamton University's Event Center while I was at work.  Thank you Dr. Phil and Robin for having David Foster on your show.  I especially like Celine Dion and remember hearing the others as a little girl growing up in the 70s starting on Jan. 6, 1974 when I was born.  Mr. Foster is a positive role model for all to respect in a crazy, screwed up world.

Thanks again from Jenn in NY

My sister lived in Binghamton for about 10 years. We have always lived on the west coast so that's pretty far away from here. I've visited her there a few times and I think it's a lovely city. My sister also attended SUNY and Binghamton University. I realize that this has nothing to do with the show but I usually don't run across this town while visiting the board. I wish I had seen the show, it must have been great!

November 20, 2008, 12:16 am CST

no celebrities; no fluff

David Foster?  Who cares?  What is the point of having a trained psychologist do a show that any other talk show host could do?  Next question: Why is television obsessed with celebrities, even in inappropriate places, such as "news" shows, money shows, and self-help shows?  Though I admit to enjoying the sensationalistic edge and unusual behaviors depicted in some of your stories, I watch Dr. Phil not primarily for superficial stimulation but for advice I can use.  

Mostly, I'm fed up with the media obsession over celebrities!  I like them as much as the next person for entertainment in their relevant venue, but I don't care what they have to say about politics, self-help, money, current events... you get the message.  The Celebrity Channel -- fine.  Celebrities everywhere (and I mean everywhere) else?... irritating.  Where have I heard the phrase "Get real"?

Not long before this show it was Drew Peterson, which also smacks of celebrity appeal, and also offered little of value for the average person's daily life.

Dr. Phil, the last time I commented to you -- in your first season -- I commended you for providing a service of atypical and much-needed value to society.  Please don't let it degenerate into Jerry Springer-esque fluff, or even to typical talk-show fodder.  Stick with psychology!

November 20, 2008, 12:19 am CST

11/12 Hit Man

Quote From: KathySue

Please, Dr. Phil, no more celebrity shows!!!!  I watch your show because I really love how you are helping families who desperately need your help (and there seem to be plenty of them).  I do understand that you have a bunch of Hollywood friends, but I don't really care to see them on your show, unless of course, they needed your help.  
I'm with you, KathySue. And I'm delighted -- even relieved -- to see I'm not alone!

November 21, 2008, 10:16 pm CST

Canada's Hitman

Quote From: grammieearth

Dr Phil may be a friend of David Foster's as heard on the show, yet I wonder why he said what he did, the way he did when introducing David.  '...from, of all places Canada'  and that comment was completed with a nonchalant (though not quite rolling eyes) look when some of his audience gave a hoot hoot when they heard Canada.  Why is Dr Phil acting somewhat surprised that Canada has some awesome talent, and then skipping over an opportunity to say thankyou to his northern viewers?

GE

David Foster is one of the most talented and gifted men.  I too noticed Dr. Phil's reaction to the fact that David Foster is Canadian.  As a Canadian, I was quite insulted but, Mr. Foster unwittingly promoted mostly Canadian singers if you didn't notice (mainly Celine Dion etc...)

Come on Americans, there is great people where ever you go NOT just in the U.S.A. 

Get Real Will Yah  ! ! ! ! !

November 24, 2008, 2:35 pm CST

11/12 Hit Man

Quote From: selfawhereami

I'm with you, KathySue. And I'm delighted -- even relieved -- to see I'm not alone!
You are far from alone. In fact, I had posted a message right before KathySue's. And, it had generated three replies, all agreeing with me. But, all four of our messages were subsequently removed from this board. Every message is previewed before it's added to the board. So, why add, and then remove it? Sheesh!

November 24, 2008, 2:46 pm CST

11/12 Hit Man

Quote From: selfawhereami

David Foster?  Who cares?  What is the point of having a trained psychologist do a show that any other talk show host could do?  Next question: Why is television obsessed with celebrities, even in inappropriate places, such as "news" shows, money shows, and self-help shows?  Though I admit to enjoying the sensationalistic edge and unusual behaviors depicted in some of your stories, I watch Dr. Phil not primarily for superficial stimulation but for advice I can use.  

Mostly, I'm fed up with the media obsession over celebrities!  I like them as much as the next person for entertainment in their relevant venue, but I don't care what they have to say about politics, self-help, money, current events... you get the message.  The Celebrity Channel -- fine.  Celebrities everywhere (and I mean everywhere) else?... irritating.  Where have I heard the phrase "Get real"?

Not long before this show it was Drew Peterson, which also smacks of celebrity appeal, and also offered little of value for the average person's daily life.

Dr. Phil, the last time I commented to you -- in your first season -- I commended you for providing a service of atypical and much-needed value to society.  Please don't let it degenerate into Jerry Springer-esque fluff, or even to typical talk-show fodder.  Stick with psychology!

AMEN!!! If we want to watch celebrities, there's Entertainment Tonight and Inside Edition. Now, they've invaded almost every news and talk show. And, most of the women's magazines such as Good Housekeeping, Redbook, and Ladies Home Journal have become little more than celebrity mags. When they first started doing this, my mother let all of her subscriptions run out. "If I wanted to read about these people, I'd subscribe to a movie magazine," she'd tell me.

First | Prev | 2 | Next | Last