Message Boards

Topic : 11/13 Dr. Phil's Get Real Retreat, Part 3

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 07, 2008, 02:46:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
In his bold new series where 14 people get real about their lives, Dr. Phil leads his guests through an exercise that lifts the weight of their burdens off their shoulders. Then, Dr. Phil tells the participants to pair up with a buddy -- someone they can rely on throughout the retreat. When Kelly, whose father committed suicide, partners with Kathleen, who often thinks about taking her own life, Kelly finds her purpose in the retreat and makes a commitment to Kathleen. But will Kathleen accept Dr. Phil’s proposal to keep her safe? Then, it’s an emotional day in the studio as the guests share the heartbreaking moment in their lives when they became a victim. Wade moves the group to tears when he recounts the day his life changed forever. Will the participants find emotional closure on their pasts and take a step toward a healthier future? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 21, 2008, 6:33 pm CST

Quote From: hello_dolly

I can identify with more than one of the panelists, I've walked in some of their shoes and I ache for all of them.  I wonder if they know how many people are crying and hurting right along with them, I hope they realize that they are not alone.  Their stories and pain touch me and I want to reach out and hug each and every one of them.  I applaud their courage and thank them for sharing their difficult stories, they may not know this yet but they are helping countless others.  They have already helped me tremendously in making me realize that there are others out there who have been through what I have and that I didn't have to suffer in silence.  I am 41 years old and finally working it all out in therapy and it feels so good to let all that poison out. 

What really touches me is how easily they reach out to hug someone or place a hand on someone's shoulder.  Compassion is a beautiful thing and I just wish there was less judgement in the world and more compassion and empathy.

Paige, Kathleen, Ron, Angie, Wade, Kaylee, Nicole, Melissa, Kelly, Jessica R., Diona, Jessica F., Don, Carina, we may not know eachother but I want you to know that I love you all as beautiful, fellow human beings and you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.  Take back your power, don't let those who have hurt you in the past continue to have a hold over you.  You are all so lucky to have Dr. Phil in your corner, what I would have given to have had his help. 

I thank you from my heart for your kind words.  We are very lucky to have Dr. Phil in our corner ...it was fate that brought all of us together and I am amazed every day of my life that I was chosen from thousands to represent "the other women" who are living in the shadows.  I am grateful and will never, never take for granted the lessons Dr. Phil helped us learn during the retreat.  Thanks for the love.

November 21, 2008, 7:00 pm CST

Hi

Quote From: manofgoods

This is to Paige, if you're still around, if you want, would you like to chat with me as your friend? My E-mail address is in my profile. Once again, I'm sorry for what you've been going through.
Yes, I'm still around, I've just been distracted.  I'm frustrated because I missed the 3rd episode.  I've got your email address and will send you a note soon.

November 22, 2008, 5:32 am CST

Where was part 4?

I am totally confused...I thought maybe I forgot to record it but I don't see it on here either. What happened? Please someone tell me why this series just stopped!?

November 25, 2008, 10:00 am CST

Question re Get Real Retreat

I keep checking the schedule to see when part 3 of the Get Real Retreat will air.  I really enjoyed parts 1 & 2 which I think were broadcast on Thursdays in my area (Texas), but I either missed part 3 or it hasn't aired yet.  Hope someone can help me. 

December 4, 2008, 8:03 am CST

I relate with WADE

THE END

December 4, 2008, 1:14 pm CST

Jessica

I so understand where you are in relation to your weight.  Up and down is good for a rollercoaster but not for your health. I am fully twice your age.   Today you and I can let go of it, together. You don't know me and you have no reason to trust me. But for what it is worth, I can let go if you can.  You had the guts to go on television and bare your soul.   You already did the hard part.

JC

First | Prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next Page | Last Page