Message Boards

Topic : 11/13 Dr. Phil's Get Real Retreat, Part 3

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 07, 2008, 02:46:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
In his bold new series where 14 people get real about their lives, Dr. Phil leads his guests through an exercise that lifts the weight of their burdens off their shoulders. Then, Dr. Phil tells the participants to pair up with a buddy -- someone they can rely on throughout the retreat. When Kelly, whose father committed suicide, partners with Kathleen, who often thinks about taking her own life, Kelly finds her purpose in the retreat and makes a commitment to Kathleen. But will Kathleen accept Dr. Phil’s proposal to keep her safe? Then, it’s an emotional day in the studio as the guests share the heartbreaking moment in their lives when they became a victim. Wade moves the group to tears when he recounts the day his life changed forever. Will the participants find emotional closure on their pasts and take a step toward a healthier future? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 8, 2008, 10:22 am CST

11/13 Dr. Phil's Get Real Retreat, Part 3

This is to Paige, if you're still around, if you want, would you like to chat with me as your friend? My E-mail address is in my profile. Once again, I'm sorry for what you've been going through.

November 8, 2008, 4:41 pm CST

about the retreat

well I have watched the second show of the retreat...missed the first one...tried to get caught up on the site...I am really looking forward for the show....whatever the secret is to lift the burden I am hoping I can find a way to use it in my own life....

I was married last dec to a wonderful hot man....I four wonderful children and I have a job I really like to go to....well the job has been my dream for many many years.....

But I am followed around by a nasty black cloud that rains on me way to much in my life.....that is why I am looking forward to the show to find out what dr. phil has to say about releasing self burdens

November 9, 2008, 3:22 am CST

Why

Quote From: sweetkd

well I have watched the second show of the retreat...missed the first one...tried to get caught up on the site...I am really looking forward for the show....whatever the secret is to lift the burden I am hoping I can find a way to use it in my own life....

I was married last dec to a wonderful hot man....I four wonderful children and I have a job I really like to go to....well the job has been my dream for many many years.....

But I am followed around by a nasty black cloud that rains on me way to much in my life.....that is why I am looking forward to the show to find out what dr. phil has to say about releasing self burdens
I also missed the first part of show and will make every effort to catch the second one.  it is very interesting and I also hope that some of these people's reality can be mine.  I also have sort of a controll issue

November 9, 2008, 8:32 am CST

Dr. Phil's Get Real Retreat, Part 3

These 14 people are very brave. They have recognized that they have a problem and they are getting help for it. They are on national T.V dealing with and expressing these problems. Lets at least give them some credit...............

November 9, 2008, 11:29 am CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Get Part Phil Real Re Three Treat. Here we go again. Another round  of this show.  But I will watch--

it. See you on Thursday November 13th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------

November 9, 2008, 6:26 pm CST

Get Real Retreat

I watched the first and second parts of this retreat. I'm a big fan of Dr. Phil and usually learn something everytime I view his shows. I record them on DVR to make sure I don't miss any of them. The first show of the retreat I watched as the people stood and stated why they were there. I was shocked to hear there is one there that so fits me. I am eager to see the shows to the end in hopes that I may be able to make some changes in my life. I admire these people for being on your show, Thank you Dr. Phil for having this on your show.

November 9, 2008, 7:22 pm CST

Taking off the mask

I saw both of the first two Get Real Retreat episodes and was intrigued.  I heard Dr Phil say, that we can't change what we don't acknowledge & heard him talk about people walking around with masks on.  I really respect those who are on the show revealing their stories, but it's clear that they've been through many obstacles and I don't understand how to take the mask off in everyday life.  At a retreat, everyone gets an opportunity to share their story.   In real life, hopefully people have a friend or family member who knows their story & with whom they can express themselves.  But in everyday life, I don't understand how anyone is to "GET REAL" without dumping on people or inappropriately revealing details that should only be shared with "safe people". 

I am hoping to learn from this series, how to become authentic. 

November 10, 2008, 5:42 am CST

real retreat

Dr. Phil;

I think this is great that you are helping these hurting people; our church does this but we call it "Encounter's"; where you get away for a weekend and you have an encounter with God; you allow Him to replace the "lie" based thinking with His truth's; about situation's in your life; thank you for helping and not being like all those other "talk shows", i believe your's is helpful!

God Bless

November 10, 2008, 8:02 am CST

Enlightened!

I have started watching the Get Real Retreat and I think its great!! I have it recorded on my DVR so I don't miss it. It is truly amazing how a lot of the situations also have a lot to do with my own life and I can completely relate to them! I just recently lost my ex husband who was also my friend and the father of my two beautiful girls!  I lost him to suicide and have a very difficult time feeling the guilt that I could have helped him. He was reaching out to me and I tried very hard to help him, and to help be better for his girls and overall just love himself, but I just couldn' t save him. Now my girls have to live the rest of their lives without their father. Its a very difficult thing to deal with, and watching this show has definatly helped me to realize some things. I have recently re-married and I am so happy with this man. He is wonderful and has been by my side and my girls sides the entire time. He is a blessing to us and I am so grateful to have him in my life. I truly believe he was put in my life for a reason!!  I just hope that the people on the show can continue to work through these times and know that they are all very brave people, not a lot of people would have the courage to do what they are doing! I believe that they are helping others as well and myself!!  I hope you all have a great day and thanks for listening!

November 13, 2008, 7:24 am CST

family pet

today is 10/13/08, i was watching your show and found myself crying. I don't ever remember being a child . When I think back now, I title myself the family pet (actually the pets got treated better).  My brothers used me for learning about sex, I was passed around by them, they used me their friends used me, I was being raped  before I even started kindergarten, their was no one there to protect me. my story goes on and on, I was in counsiling for many years as an adult.

i have told my children, ( I waited til they were adults) they still love me. I have so many hangups, I just want to be okay being me. I want to be happy just being me.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last