Message Boards

Topic : 06/09 Love Triangle

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, November 13, 2008, 11:37:10 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/17/08) A new study shows that in America, as many as one in five men is having an extramarital affair, and that 15 percent of women are cheating too. Is your spouse being unfaithful? Jessica says she caught her husband of two-and-a-half years, Ryan, having an affair with his ex-wife, April, whom she thought was her friend. Ryan admits to having a one-time-only rendezvous with April, but April says it occurred closer to 60 times. Who's telling the truth? Jessica fears her husband and April are still keeping secrets from her. Because Ryan and April share custody of a son, Jessica laid down specific rules for when they interact. Are these stipulations keeping Ryan's behavior in check? After Dr. Phil sends Ryan backstage to have a private conversation with his wife, does he admit to more than the one-night fling with April? Will Jessica decide to rebuild the bond with her husband or cut him loose? Then, Daniel admitted to his wife, Karen, that he had an emotional affair with a woman he met online. Only days before coming to the show, he confessed that the affair was sexual. He says he's sorry and wants to put his family back together, but will Karen take him back? Speak out!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 14, 2008, 10:15 am CST

11/17 Love Triangle

I wonder how many people have affairs with their exes? Before he met me, my husband had an on-and-off-again relationship with a woman who just wouldn't leave her ex-husband alone. A co-worker of his lost his wife to her ex-boyfriend. And, my husband's grandson lost the mother of his child to her ex-boyfriend.

November 14, 2008, 10:30 am CST

How very sad for the childrn!

I happen to be a stepmother of 3 now grown children. Obviously my husband has an ex wife. I happen to find it extremely irresponsible for the divorced parents to have an affair after the husband has already remarried. What does this lead to? It will lead to hard feelings between the two women, who should be working together to make sure that the children's lives are as unblemished and unhurt by the divorce in the first place. The new stepmother will probably call the other woman names in front of the children, (and I can imagine with good reason although I don't approve) and as stated in the topic box above strict rules will be put in place when the parents need to discuss the children or when they are to be passed from one parent to another. Can you even imagine how uncomfortable and how much tension there will be in the future because of this? They will have a lifetime of being being forced into the same gatherings, weddings, graduations, school functions, etc.. How unfair to allow this to ever happen in the first place? It is nothing but a set up for disaster! In the end the children will be hurt and hard feelings will be held against some, probably the stepmother because of the very tight reins she will have to have on her husband and of course the names they will hear their mother called. Let's also not forget the fighting, didn't they get enough of that while their parents were going through a divorce? If this new marriage even lasts I will be shocked. As a stepmother myself I have always had full trust in my husband when he has had to interact with his ex wife. If you can't have that, then you don't have much of a chance of surviving. It's hard enough to deal with all of this in the first place, but to have to deal with an affair between the two of them is asking too much of any wife. How selfish can two people be?

November 14, 2008, 11:50 am CST

11/17 Love Triangle

Quote From: jewelsf

I happen to be a stepmother of 3 now grown children. Obviously my husband has an ex wife. I happen to find it extremely irresponsible for the divorced parents to have an affair after the husband has already remarried. What does this lead to? It will lead to hard feelings between the two women, who should be working together to make sure that the children's lives are as unblemished and unhurt by the divorce in the first place. The new stepmother will probably call the other woman names in front of the children, (and I can imagine with good reason although I don't approve) and as stated in the topic box above strict rules will be put in place when the parents need to discuss the children or when they are to be passed from one parent to another. Can you even imagine how uncomfortable and how much tension there will be in the future because of this? They will have a lifetime of being being forced into the same gatherings, weddings, graduations, school functions, etc.. How unfair to allow this to ever happen in the first place? It is nothing but a set up for disaster! In the end the children will be hurt and hard feelings will be held against some, probably the stepmother because of the very tight reins she will have to have on her husband and of course the names they will hear their mother called. Let's also not forget the fighting, didn't they get enough of that while their parents were going through a divorce? If this new marriage even lasts I will be shocked. As a stepmother myself I have always had full trust in my husband when he has had to interact with his ex wife. If you can't have that, then you don't have much of a chance of surviving. It's hard enough to deal with all of this in the first place, but to have to deal with an affair between the two of them is asking too much of any wife. How selfish can two people be?

I couldn't agree more.   I do not know the first wife and will not say anything negative about her.  I do know the new wife and I can assure you that she refuses to allow any negative discussions concerning the ex wife around the children.  I also know that she has always said that the ex wife wife has always been a good mother.

Hopefully they will all find a way to put this behind them and work really hard to get along for the children's sake.

November 14, 2008, 3:42 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Love Phil/Robin Triangle. Okay Doctor Phil what is next on  your list? I will go for anything but not Lo

ve Triangle. See you on Monday November 17th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------- 

November 14, 2008, 8:26 pm CST

11/17 Love Triangle

Quote From: ramair

I wonder how many people have affairs with their exes? Before he met me, my husband had an on-and-off-again relationship with a woman who just wouldn't leave her ex-husband alone. A co-worker of his lost his wife to her ex-boyfriend. And, my husband's grandson lost the mother of his child to her ex-boyfriend.
It's very, very, common!

November 14, 2008, 8:34 pm CST

That's good!

Quote From: rokeisha

I couldn't agree more.   I do not know the first wife and will not say anything negative about her.  I do know the new wife and I can assure you that she refuses to allow any negative discussions concerning the ex wife around the children.  I also know that she has always said that the ex wife wife has always been a good mother.

Hopefully they will all find a way to put this behind them and work really hard to get along for the children's sake.

That's very good and wise for the new wife to know how important it is to never allow anything negative to be said about the children's mother. As a new wife myself, 21 years ago, I would have rather cut my tongue off before I slandered my step kids mother in front of them. My husband also refused to say anything bad about their mother, ever! Granted our's was a different situation then the one on the show but anytime you marry a man with an ex wife and kids you are walking into a mine field. There are rules that must be followed if you ever hope to have a relationship with your step kids, or at the very least have enough respect for them as to not hurt them. Having an affair with the ex is taking the whole situation to an entirely new level, an explosive one. It's truly selfish on the biological parents part to set something like this in motion. If they planned on getting back together maybe, just maybe it would be different but if that's the case, then why did they get divorced in the first place? What a mess people can make! BTW, I hope the new wife is doing OK, I don't know how well I would have held up over this.

November 15, 2008, 1:02 am CST

DIVORCE HIM

You think that they should all get along even though wife 1 is sleeping with

wife 2's husband.Sounds like hubby sticks it to whoever he likes and I could

not sweep it under the rug and if she stays one day she'll end up with

a disease.If he said and she said it was over tomorrow I wouldn't believe

them.......

November 15, 2008, 7:46 am CST

Men are sneaks

I knew a couple that had one son and divorced.  He remarried.  But he and his ex-wife met every Saturday afternoon to continue to have sex together for many years.  Why should these two have their cake and eat it to.  They are living side lives without their current spouses knowing.  Obviously these people do not have a conscience!  It is so amazing they get away with it for years.

November 15, 2008, 9:02 am CST

11/17 Love Triangle

It amazes me about women...how one woman can do this to another woman...and do this to a family. Does anyone ever think ...what will happen to the kids.

November 15, 2008, 9:19 am CST

love triangle

I MYSELF WAS IN A "LOVE TRIANGLE" FOR YEARS.  I CAN NEVER FORGET THE WAY I FELT WHEN I FOUND OUT MY HUSBAND WAS INVOLVED WITH HIS X WIFE.  I AM 62 YEARS OLD AND THIS HAPPENED 32 YEARS AGO AND IT STILL HURTS JUST AS MUCH NOW AS IT DID THEN. 

I STAYED WITH MY HUSBAND BECAUSE I WAS WEAK AND FELT LIKE I COULDN'T TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN ON MY OWN.  I GAVE MY SELF AWAY FOR SECURITY.  HOW SAD IS THAT.  I STILL FEEL LIKE A NOBODY AND I LIVE MY LIFE WAITING FOR HIM TO ADMIT HOW MUCH HE HURT ME AND ASK FOR MY FORGIVENESS, WHICH WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

I AM A SAD BITTER WOMAN WITH NO SELF ESTEEM. I LIVE MY LIFE IN THE PAST. I KNOW I SHOULD MOVE ON AND FORGET BUT I CAN'T.

I COULD WRITE MUCH MORE BUT I GUESS YOU GET THE PICTURE.  GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN, NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE IF YOU DO NOT RESPECT YOURSELF ENOUGHT TO KNOW YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE LIKE THAT.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last