Message Boards

Topic : 04/09 “My Child Can’t Stop Eating”

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 14, 2008, 03:17:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/18/08) Dieters know how hard it is to shed five or 10 pounds. What do you do when you need to lose 100 pounds … and you’re just 10 years old? Dr. Phil talks to parents who say they can’t get their child to stop eating, and they fear this food addiction could turn deadly. Luz’s daughter, Kayla, is just 5 years old, but she already tips the scales at 113 pounds. Luz says her child throws temper tantrums when she doesn’t eat, and she once screamed so loudly for junk food, her neighbors called the police! Does Kayla have an eating disorder, or is Luz enabling her? Dr. Jim Sears, co-host of the hit show The Doctors, gives this mom a wake-up call. Then, Stephanie says her 3-year-old daughter, SaJatta, is addicted to sausage and grits. The toddler weighs 88 pounds and gets winded just walking up the stairs in her house. SaJatta’s grandmother, Mary, says the little girl is spoiled, and she doesn’t know how to say no to her. What do the results from SaJatta's blood work reveal? Can the family conquer her obesity? Plus, Mary says her daughter, Brittany, was an active child until she broke her ankle five years ago. Now at age 10, Brittany weighs 190 pounds, and her folks say she’s turned into a couch potato. How can Mary and her husband, Roger, motivate the child to lose weight? Fitness trainer Robert Reames has a surprise for the family! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 14, 2008, 3:50 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Cannot Chil Doctor Eating My Phil. What does that mean Doctor Phil? Everbody need to eat Breakfast Lun-

ch Supper. Doctor Phil that is why I like three meal aday. As for kids I am staying out of this. See you on-----

Tuesday November 18th, 2008. See you on Tuesday November 18th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaan-

deren.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 15, 2008, 4:58 am CST

My Child- MY is the important word here

We can only assume that the child is running this household. We can only assume that the child is the role model here, and we can only assume that the parent's future is in the child's hands.
When did children start giving birth to parents?

November 15, 2008, 5:43 am CST

when is it criminal to over feed a child like this

Suffering being over weight most of my childhood. I feel for this little girl. That was so many years ago that I think the majority of American's realize it is so unhealthy. At what point is there Doctor or some family member responsible to turn this lady in for letting this happen. IF she is three now and the Mother can't control her, Look out for what the future holds. This is Criminal!  I pray Dr. Phil gives her the skills and theatens to make her liable for what she is doing to this child.  This is just awful this day and age. She is destroying the health of this baby.  Please inform the Mother that she is not doing this child any favor by letting her ruine her health for the rest of her life.

November 15, 2008, 5:57 am CST

kids overweight

These kids seem to have extreme over eating issues. Have they been tested for Prader Willie Syndrome? I have worked with people with this syndrome and it is controllable, but it would be easier to start controlling it at this young age.

November 15, 2008, 7:22 am CST

Very sad state of affairs.

Quote From: til123

We can only assume that the child is running this household. We can only assume that the child is the role model here, and we can only assume that the parent's future is in the child's hands.
Were waiting for you Science!

November 15, 2008, 9:41 am CST

11/18 “My Child Can’t Stop Eating”

Quote From: hz57swf

Suffering being over weight most of my childhood. I feel for this little girl. That was so many years ago that I think the majority of American's realize it is so unhealthy. At what point is there Doctor or some family member responsible to turn this lady in for letting this happen. IF she is three now and the Mother can't control her, Look out for what the future holds. This is Criminal!  I pray Dr. Phil gives her the skills and theatens to make her liable for what she is doing to this child.  This is just awful this day and age. She is destroying the health of this baby.  Please inform the Mother that she is not doing this child any favor by letting her ruine her health for the rest of her life.
If this three-year-old girl's mother lived in Michigan, that state's CPS would've probably already stepped in. During his first season, Dr Phil did two shows on Amanda, who lost custody of her son because he already weighed 120 pounds. She was eight months pregnant with another child when the first show was taped. And, lost custody of her as soon as she was born. According to Michigan law, if CPS takes custody of a child, they also take custody of any future children. But, had Amanda been willing to take CPS-offered nutrition and other child-care classes, she would've gotten her son back and not lost custody of her newborn daughter. Seems Amanda was too busy having "fun" to do this.

November 15, 2008, 9:46 am CST

11/18 “My Child Can’t Stop Eating”

Quote From: til123

Dr Phil calls it the tail wagging the dog. These parents don't realize the grave disservice they're doing their children. Just the other day, I read that, by the time they're ten-years-old, overweight children's arteries are like those of 45-year-old adults.

November 15, 2008, 10:10 am CST

eating disorder ( children that can stop eating

hi Dr Phi

I can't believe that some parents just give in when their child is constantly eating all the time

I hope that Dr. Phil that you can help these parents and their kid on what to do.

see you on Tuesday at 4:00 pm

fietkau2

November 15, 2008, 10:17 am CST

My child cannot stop eating

Quote From: hpmx59

Cannot Chil Doctor Eating My Phil. What does that mean Doctor Phil? Everbody need to eat Breakfast Lun-

ch Supper. Doctor Phil that is why I like three meal aday. As for kids I am staying out of this. See you on-----

Tuesday November 18th, 2008. See you on Tuesday November 18th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaan-

deren.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also, have worked with children who have Prader Willi syndrome and agree that Kayla would certainly fit that description.

November 15, 2008, 11:24 am CST

Obese Children and their Parents

I think it is sad when parents let their children become over weight. The parents are ruining their child's life when they do this, medically and socially. Children are cruel to other children. The parents that let their child get this over weight are setting their children up to be made fun of in school. They are also setting them up to have medical problems. Letting a child eat their self to death like this is wrong. The children should be taken away from the parents if they can not control what their child eats. A parent that says they can not control what their child eats is just trying to make excuses for being a bad parent. How can a parent not control what their child eats when the parent is the one doing the shopping for the home and paying for all the food in the house. Most schools portion the children's lunch and breakfast so it can not be blamed on the schools. If people would look around most parents with fat kids are fat themself. How can a parent control what their child eats when they can not even control their own life. Stop giving children what they want and start giving them what they need

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last