Message Boards

Topic : 11/19 Shoplifting Confessions

Number of Replies: 144
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 14, 2008, 03:17:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
As the nation suffers through an economic meltdown, many Americans resort to drastic measures to keep their families afloat. Just how far would you go to stay in the black? Laura and her husband, Allen, say they’ve made nearly $1 million in the last six years. There’s just one problem –- they don’t have jobs! Self-proclaimed professional shoplifters, the couple says they travel across state lines to steal TVs, toys, electronics and more –- and they often take their three young children along on their heists. They videotape themselves to show Dr. Phil how they get away with nabbing big-ticket items. Do Laura and Allen just get a thrill from thievery, or are they kleptomaniacs? Can the couple quit for good before they get arrested and lose their children? Then, Tami and Chris have a beautiful house, three cars and two children. But Tami says her husband is shattering their idyllic home life with his shoplifting addiction. She says he’s been arrested four times and was recently sentenced to 90 days in state prison. Chris joins Dr. Phil via satellite from jail to tell his side of the story. Find out why he says he can’t stop stealing, but when he hears his 4-year-old daughter's emotional plea, will he change his mind? And, Tami’s mom, Marilyn, calls Chris a pathological liar and says her daughter needs to kick him to the curb. Is Chris beyond redemption? Will he be able to clean up his act? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 3, 2009, 12:53 pm CDT

What will happen to the children?

When Dr. Phil asked Laura, "What is going to happen to your children?" (when they get caught/stopped), she had a very telling reply:

"We're going to lose them."

No, Laura, he asked you what was going to happen to your CHILDREN!!

You answered about what is going to happen to YOU! 

Because, it really is just all about you, isn't it?

What IS going to happen to your children, Laura?  I don't care much about what is going to happen to you, beyond the extent that it will have devastating results for your children.

But, answer the original question, Laura....

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOUR CHILDREN?

April 4, 2009, 8:21 am CDT

Why In The World

Would people come on air and spill their guts,About somethinkg knowing they will be put in Jail for.

Im so glad the FEDS are getting these people,It comes out of our pockets.

I think you have lots of people on your show needs to be locked up.

Good Job

April 22, 2009, 1:04 pm CDT

Im so sorry !

Quote From: hopeforall2001

Hi,this is HOPE [KIMBERLY and I thankyou for your surport and sharing with me with your struggles as well. Yes it is discusting that they can afford a exspensive cell and computers and dont have the most important things they should by law have. I would love to go and find this guy but I would probley get myself in trouble. Anyway we have reached out to our community and asked for help with a heavy heart because some are wondering where there going to sleep or where there next meal is coming from so its very hard.

We have done so much to raise this money but were having no luck and it worry's me and We have waited a longtime to have some luck and now I feel were cheated again because of  our economy it really stinks.

I wanted to say Im sorry it took a longtime to get back to you I haven't been doing well at all.My burning and bone pain is awfull.I wish I never made it then live like this and traumatise my daughter and make my husband so tired.Our family is just the 3 of us and we were doing well until the accident.

It really angers me to have my life altered in such a way as ours has been and it really isnt fair.I hope your feeling better and again Thankyou so much for your thoughts and caring!

I wish to go on dr phil show to get awareness out but its quit tuff to do! How does anyone do that? I would really be happy to get his help! I love the show its my fav and never missed one! take care!

LOVE,

HOPE FOR ALL 2001

Im really sorry I never checked back to see if I had any replies and Im sorry! Thankyou for your kind thoughts ! I didnt look back because i didnt think anyone would write back because they dont know what my  disease is about. But I shouldnt have done that here you guys replyed and I do Thankyou again.

I dont know whats going to happen to me because I cant seem to get anyone to pick up my story or help me and my family. Im suffering in a body that is attacking itself and the severe burning has consumed my whole body and im in severe distress from all the pain.

I look like a dirt bag half the time because I dont feel pretty with this horrific disease that has put everything in front of me and I cant have any of it because of how serious my disease is.

Im living in a life of hell and theres not a damn thing I can do about it and if there is I probley already have tryed it.

I keep writing to our congress and senators, groups, I think my story is all over the internet trying to get someone to help me and I rarely get a response.But I still keep trying.

Theres not one day that I havent tryed to get answers with this non curable disease and with no answers or anyone caring about my story enough to call or email me to help makes me feel like my life is going to hell because no one wants to help me.

I dont want to live like this and have my daughter and my husband of 20 years to see what this is doing to me anymore and there so sad and there hearts are breaking and my daughter said a while back how can these people not help my mommy I dont want her to die!

This of course plays in my mind over and over with other things as well.When I see all the shows and people storys on tv,news,papers,ect I want to know why isnt my life important enough to save too and I have been fighting so hard and i continue to here nothing and that scares me!

I have been suffering horribly for almost 9 years now! Im literally scared to death for my life I dont want to suffer to the end too!

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO? IM IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP OR IM GOING TO DIE AS THE YEARS GO BY THIS DISEASE GETS MUCH WORSE AND IT WILL GO TO MY ORGANS ITS THE ONLY PLACE LEFT TO GO SO IT WILL PROBLEY KILL ME ! IM SCARED TO DEATH I DONT WANT TO DIE!

HOPE FOR ALL 2006!

August 4, 2009, 3:33 pm CDT

I was in the audience...

I was in the audience for this particular show and remember being appalled at some of the things I saw including how much Star Wars stuff they were stealing! 

I have since heard that the couple's home in San Marcos was raided in search of stolen goods, but no arrests have been made.

First | Prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next Page | Last Page