Message Boards

Topic : 11/24 Family Cult

Number of Replies: 265
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, November 20, 2008, 01:49:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil delves into a tragic story that spanned several decades, shattered lives and left one person behind bars. Fourteen children were held captive by a man who called himself The Messiah … a man who was also their father. Jeanne says she was raised in this environment, which the authorities called cult-like, and that she and her siblings were starved, beaten and had no schooling. In a tear-jerking revelation, Jeanne tells Dr. Phil that she was forced to perform unthinkable sexual acts with her own father, beginning when she was just 5 years old and ending when she was 27. Jeanne may be a victim of horrible cruelty, but her sisters, Miriam and Sarah, say they can’t forgive her for the pain she caused them. Find out why these siblings are estranged, and why Sarah says she’s nervous just sitting next to Jeanne on Dr. Phil’s stage. It’s been 20 years since Jeanne’s father was arrested, but she and her family say the effects of abuse still linger. Can these siblings ever get closure on their horrific past? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 24, 2008, 9:51 am CST

11/24 Family Cult

Quote From: momtobe_at17

Evil Web by Mary Rich is the book. I just finished reading it!          The Larringa family has a horrible story to tell tomorrow according to the book.
Thanks! I really appreciate it. The only problem is, that this book is very, very rare to find, since it was made back in 1996. Does anyone know where I can find a copy, even if it has to be used? I tried Amazon already.

November 24, 2008, 10:31 am CST

family

i am so sorry that any human being would have to suffer such pain and abuse by the hands of anyone else, let alone your own father. god bless all of you and i just want them to remember how their lives can be better now, if they can try to forgive enough to make their hearts much lighter, and not carry the weight that they have all had thrown on them.  thank you dr. phil for giving them the help they very much need, so maybe they can start a whole new life now.  i wish them ALL the luck in the world.  GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

November 24, 2008, 12:49 pm CST

swede

Quote From: manofgoods

Thanks! I really appreciate it. The only problem is, that this book is very, very rare to find, since it was made back in 1996. Does anyone know where I can find a copy, even if it has to be used? I tried Amazon already.
hi im from sweden ,stockholm in scandinavia im a big fan of drphil  i think it`s good that drphil has started doing more serious shows like with those horible pedofiles it´s important that people that are pedofiles can see these shows and get inspired to go get help also in sweden people don´t need to pay a dime to go get therapi or lie in the hospital that needs to change in america cause working-class people can´t always afford  paying medicalbills im really exited over that the american people has chosen barack obama as a president and hillary as a minister

November 24, 2008, 1:12 pm CST

Monster Release

This show was very intense and I could still feel the monster who sits in prison's hold on them. It is easy to be a monster....an animal....or a "living carcass" as the older sister called herself when you have been through abuse. The hard part is being a compassionate human being. I believe this family will be able to heal themselves, but I also think it will take hard work. The anger from the younger siblings needs to be let out in a safe environment where they feel they can express it freely without judgement or punishment. And, the older sister needs to do exactly what she did today: listen and love. Then, the forgiveness can happen. Saying your forgive and actally forgiving is completely different. It comes from the heart, not the mouth. These women have children and I am praying that the cycle of abuse has ended with them! Children know more than we give them credit for. These women need to heal themselves for their children's sake as well as their own.  I wish them all the best and promise to include them in my prayers at my supper table with my family this evening.

November 24, 2008, 1:12 pm CST

I am so very sorry.

I am so filled with such sorrow for the pain this family has endured at the hands of their father. It is tragic that this man could not see the beauty that each of them holds, both on the inside and the outside. I pray that you can benefit from Dr. Phil's help and in some way become a family again. I would love to take each of you in my arms and just hold you and love you. None of us will ever know your pain, but know that we care. I will follow your story and fell strongly that you can be a family again. but this time on YOUR terms.

November 24, 2008, 1:14 pm CST

Sending Prayers

God Bless this family!!!! They are all so broken.

May they finally be able to put them selves back together, and be able to turn all the anger and pain into forgiveness and love.

I'm praying for all of you.

GOD BLESS!

November 24, 2008, 1:19 pm CST

ny father

I have never thought of my childhood as being in a cult, but after this show, i am wondering. My father was the pastor of the only church in our tiny Mennonite community. He beat, and sexually abused me. He never explained as to why or anything. My mom would sometimes say, its ok, it will be ok. It has destroyed my marriage, and now i am in another relationship, and I find it very difficult to trust. I am so happy that my children are grown now. I know people wondered why I never left my daughter at my parents house alone. I couldn't do it. I am now 46 and it still effects me.

November 24, 2008, 1:22 pm CST

Family Cult

Where was the mother during all of this? I just cannot understand how she could have let this happen. I am so sorry for this family. My sisters and brothers and I went through hardships growing up but we knew that our Mother would always protect us from harm. The pain they must feel is so horrible, I pray they will be able to feel family closeness again.  

November 24, 2008, 1:30 pm CST

incest or cult....

I just was reading what people have written and I am so frustrated. The show was open and I understood what was going on. But I did not get to see the very begging. I will watch it again at five.

I myself come from a family of 10 and I have survived many forms of abuse.. sexual, physical and mental. This time in my life I am 41 and I do not talk to any of my family members. I have tried to talk to my family members and get them to deal with it and seek counseling with me since I was 15.....but it never worked. Now at my age I have gone through such terrible stuff in my life I am a hermit I live a life of anti-depressants and alone. I don't think I will ever be around my family again ....cant deal with them. Its all lies and smoke screens.

So I hope that the show will be more interesting and informative...

November 24, 2008, 1:48 pm CST

what a beast!

This is unbelieveable! The beast that did this to his own children should get a free ticket down the express lane to death row.  Why should he even be allowed to live???  This is worse than murder, this is slowly killing someone with torture and sexual abuse and they have to live with it forever and ever.  He has ruined numerous lives.  I hope these sisters and brothers can heal and become allies in life...

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last