Message Boards

Topic : 08/01 In-law Intervention

Number of Replies: 14
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 28, 2005, 03:25:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original air date: 2/28/05) Dealing with in-laws is hard enough ... so imagine having to put up with TWO bickering, competitive, controlling mothers-in-law at the same time! Remember Kerry, Ernie and their fighting moms? Dr. Phil brings them together for a family camping trip! The women face off, and Dr. Phil sets them straight. See if they'll finally be able to put their differences aside for the sake of their kids and grandkids. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 2, 2005, 5:02 am CDT

Give it up

I say stop wasting time on the mothers-in-law. Neither will budge...EVER. So Ernie and Kerry need to grow a unified backbone--QUICK--and change their phone numbers and housekeys. Simply cut the grandmothers out of their lives until they're willing to completely and cheerfully submit to the program.

August 2, 2005, 10:18 am CDT

sorry about the double post

Quote From: jettav

No way would I allow my children to be exposed to this crap from the grandparents. These parents need to step up to the plate and boot those grandparents out and then they need to get their marriage on track and start parenting these kids in the way they deserve, It sounds to me like they are all hurting and has issues and they all need to get some individual counseling and maybe later get some group therapy. My children do not come in much contact with their bio femily and when they do, you bet I am right there with them for no way will I purposely set my children up to be exposed to this kind of talk/crap. If they can't be nice to one another then they just need to stay clear from each other and the parents need to step up to the plate and set those boundaries and stick with them, when some one crosses them then they step up and say "NO MORE" and send them on their way. Marriage is about two people, not four and those who disapprove of some one elses marriage, well too bad, they made the choice and no matter the circumstance, every one must accept it and start getting out of your little snits and be a family, good grief, those grandparents would definetly not be welcomed in my home at this point, get over your selves ladies, life isn't all about you, have some repsect for your grown children and grand children. It actually takes more energy to hate and frown then it does to be happy and to be friends. Maybe they should give this a try.

August 31, 2005, 2:03 pm CDT

New here

I am wondering if today was the first new show?? I hope I didnt miss any episodes.....grrrr !! I love my Dr. Phil. And the part 2 that was on today...was part 1 from last season?? (OMG I hope so..I cant stand missing my Dr)

September 4, 2006, 1:13 pm CDT

War Zones

I grew up in a war zone and it was horrible. I can remember wishing that my parents would just shut up. I was very glad when my mother told me they were getting a divorce. I was glad I wouldn't have to listen to their fighting any longer. However I remember asking my mother how we were going to eat. My father hadn't wanted her to work so that was a scary thing. One thing I always remember Dr. Phil saying is that fighting around your children changes them and I agree with him.

The fighting was never constructive. I was all out warfare. No holds barred. It breaks my heart that the children who don't have a say, are the ones being most dramatically affected. I hope if Dr. Phil can get them to hear anything its that. The children are paying a HUGE price. And they are innocent!

I am grateful for their sake they have Dr. Phil to protect them.

First | Prev | 2 | Next Page | Last Page