Message Boards

Topic : 07/01 "Bring Back My Child"

Number of Replies: 141
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 04:33:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 12/01/08) Parents try their best to protect their kids and teach them about stranger danger, but what if your child is abducted … and the abductor is the other parent? Zanni and Christine are former sisters-in-law who say their ex-husbands, George and John Silah, vanished and took their children with them. The mothers haven't heard from their sons in months and have no idea where they are. Why do Zanni and Christine wish they trusted their instincts? Don’t miss the warning signs these moms say they recognized too late. The mothers accuse the fathers of shady business practices, and you won't believe what they say they discovered in their ex-husbands' home! The men are wanted for child abduction and there is a $25,000 reward for their capture. Then, David says he was happily married to Bruna and had a 4-year-old son whom he loved dearly. When he dropped them off at the airport in 2004, he never imagined that would be the last time he would see either of them for years. When Bruna arrived in her native Brazil, she called David and told him she wanted a divorce. David, who was devastated by his wife's actions, has fought tirelessly to regain custody of his son. Recently, this story took a tragic turn. Hear from David's attorney and get insight into his case. And, after losing custody of her 14-month-old, Cecilia went on the run and became a fugitive. She says fleeing was her only option, but now that she's been arrested and has served time, would she do it again? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 1, 2008, 12:49 pm CST

Cecilia is a criminal and is being treated justly

Unless there is ALOT of information missing from this story then you have a woman who saw red marks on her child and noticed her child cried when SHE held her and then stole the child from her father.

There was no mention of doctors checking out the child, visits to the court, contacting a lawyer, talking to other family members, discussing the marks with the father or anything a mother would NORMALLY do.  She just ran off.

She is irresponsible, erratic, irrational and definately did the wrong thing.

She should be happy she isn't still in jail and that she even gets suprvised visits with the child.  It's laughable when she says she's not a flight risk...she tried to flee the country after abducting his child!!!!!

I feel the child is much safer knowing that she does not know where the child lives or goes to school because as a criminal child abductor she has no right to have that information

December 1, 2008, 12:58 pm CST

David & Sean Goldman

I was so thrilled to see this family's situation get the much needed publicity it deserves. I'm thankful to Dr. Phil and his staff in painting the heartwrenching picture as truthfully as they have. With the holidays approaching, it magnifies the need for David and Sean to be reunited.

To all readers here, PLEASE visit www.bringseanhome.org and click on 'how to help'. I feel taking a few minutes out of my own day can make a drastic difference to a loving family is NOTHING in the 'big picture'. 

My prayers go out to David and Sean.

Thank you again for bringing this tragic situation to light. 

Lisa  

December 1, 2008, 1:10 pm CST

This country's government is a joke

This country's government should tell the brazilian goverment to release the child who is an american citizen and being held hostage in there country. Send military ships off shore and tell them we will take him back by force. Quite allowing other govenments to walk all over us and tell them to obey the treaty. Our government and military is supposed to protect us so let it protect this child.

December 1, 2008, 1:19 pm CST

may help

Dr. Phil had a guy on his show a while ago who goes after internationally abducted kids.  I wrote down the web site, because at the time I was afraid that my ex-husband, a foreign national, would take off with my daughter, as he had threatened.  The website is www.aaflc.org.  I hope it's still in operation.  It's a non-profit, and from the way the guy sounded on TV, they use every resource available to get kids back.  He seems very professional, focused, and knowledgeable about how to get this done.  Without wasting a lot of time and money in the other country's court system.  I hope he sees this, and it helps.

December 1, 2008, 1:20 pm CST

run away mom

Quote From: fionnuala

I haven't seen this program and can only rely on what has been written on this site. I've a question for the mother, Cecilia who went on the run with her child after suspecting her ex-husband of harming her daughter. It didn't say whether she went to a doctor or other medical professional to certify that the bruising, etc.  happened following an unsupervised visit. Would this medical certificate be admissable in court and be the proof she needed to gain custody of her child ?

I feel awful that the mom felt so desperate to protect her child, How is the child now that the father has complete control of her?

The male lawyer was awful to the young lawyer, I would think that he had better ethic that to say he should have been her father, what a jerk. You could tell that he has a issue with women, the way he treated the mother of the child and the women lawyer. I hope the child is alright at the present time and she needs her mother even if it is supervised but for a longer period of time so they can have a relationship.

December 1, 2008, 1:24 pm CST

12/01 "Bring Back My Child"

Quote From: rlw_mom

If you would like to help David Goldman and see Sean Goldman returned to his biological father, please log on to www.bringseanhome.org

December 1, 2008, 1:33 pm CST

This is the first time I have actually felt strongly enough about someone who appeared on the show to create a profile.  The manner in which the attorney for the father in the last segment spoke to his opposing counsel was disgusting and condescending.  He spoke with such disrespect... I could not believe Dr. Phil did not comment on the way he addressed her.  I was shocked!  His attack was unwarranted and I could tell she looked shocked as well.

December 1, 2008, 1:38 pm CST

Brazil

Let's not forget all the other American children that this rogue country is holding against their will by not complying with the Hague treaty. Brazil will never comply because of their stupid constitution that none of them understand anyway.

The US government cautions all left behind parents not to re-abduct but what other choice do they give the left behind parents if the system and mechanisms that are in place fail all of us. My daughter was abducted to Brazil in August of 2006 and I am still fighting it everyday that goes by. I will never give up trying to get my daughter back. The legal system in either country DOES NOT work. Go get your child David. There are other ways than bringing all this attention to yourself.

December 1, 2008, 1:46 pm CST

Quote From: devil_girl

Unless there is ALOT of information missing from this story then you have a woman who saw red marks on her child and noticed her child cried when SHE held her and then stole the child from her father.

There was no mention of doctors checking out the child, visits to the court, contacting a lawyer, talking to other family members, discussing the marks with the father or anything a mother would NORMALLY do.  She just ran off.

She is irresponsible, erratic, irrational and definately did the wrong thing.

She should be happy she isn't still in jail and that she even gets suprvised visits with the child.  It's laughable when she says she's not a flight risk...she tried to flee the country after abducting his child!!!!!

I feel the child is much safer knowing that she does not know where the child lives or goes to school because as a criminal child abductor she has no right to have that information

Whoa!!

You are assuming an awful lot! Just because there was no mention of doctors checking out this child, visits to the court, contacting a lawyer, etc, does not mean all these things didn't take place. This mother was give very little time to tell her story and I'm sure, because of time constraints, there were a lot of things that didn't get mentioned.

For you to call her all those names is really presumptive, and unnecessarily harsh.

The child, she said, "whimpered" when she picked her up...as any child would do if they'd been hurt by someone else and were seeking comfort in their mother's arms.

Do YOU have children? 

December 1, 2008, 1:48 pm CST

My Missing Daughter

I am so glad that this topic is being brought to light. I myself am searching for my 6 year old daughter. She is not mine by birth, but she is my daughter in every sense of the word!

Her biological father had been absent from Mystic's life since birth.  My husband and I had been helping to raise Mystic with her bio mother until she started to disappear for weeks or months at a time. Mystic lived with us for almost 3 years having visits with her bio mom when it was convenient for her to be a mother. When she was arrested We decided that it was time to make things legal and file for custody to protect Mystic. It was only then that we even found out who the bio father was. From the day Mystic was born she knew my husband as her DADDY and asked me if she could call me MOMMY when she was 4 or 5 (before then she called me Mama Jenn).

August 17, 2008, I drove Mystic to her visit with her bio father-Enrique Arreola-Lopez, and that was the last time I have seen my daughter. The courts have issued a WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS AND WRIT OF ASSISTANCE authorizing and requesting ALL law enforcement personel to help us locate our daughter and return her to our custody. Unfortunately, we are having problems with our local law enforcement helping us. They have closed our case saying no crime has been commited and that there is nothing they can do. They have given this man the right to KIDNAP my little girl and face absolutely NO CONSEQUENCES at all!!!

For all of the families searching for your children, my heart and my prayers go out to you! I can understand how you feel as we are right there as well. I pray for the children who have been taken and are being hurt--either emotionally, mentally or physically--by the parent who is selfish enough to put their wants in front of what is best for their own child. I pray you are able to bring your children home soon and be able to tell them once again how much you love them.

THANK YOU Dr Phil for doing a show on this very emotional subject. Too many families are out there searching for their children. Maybe bringing this to light will help other families prevent this from happeneing to them.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last