Message Boards

Topic : 07/01 "Bring Back My Child"

Number of Replies: 141
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 04:33:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 12/01/08) Parents try their best to protect their kids and teach them about stranger danger, but what if your child is abducted … and the abductor is the other parent? Zanni and Christine are former sisters-in-law who say their ex-husbands, George and John Silah, vanished and took their children with them. The mothers haven't heard from their sons in months and have no idea where they are. Why do Zanni and Christine wish they trusted their instincts? Don’t miss the warning signs these moms say they recognized too late. The mothers accuse the fathers of shady business practices, and you won't believe what they say they discovered in their ex-husbands' home! The men are wanted for child abduction and there is a $25,000 reward for their capture. Then, David says he was happily married to Bruna and had a 4-year-old son whom he loved dearly. When he dropped them off at the airport in 2004, he never imagined that would be the last time he would see either of them for years. When Bruna arrived in her native Brazil, she called David and told him she wanted a divorce. David, who was devastated by his wife's actions, has fought tirelessly to regain custody of his son. Recently, this story took a tragic turn. Hear from David's attorney and get insight into his case. And, after losing custody of her 14-month-old, Cecilia went on the run and became a fugitive. She says fleeing was her only option, but now that she's been arrested and has served time, would she do it again? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 1, 2008, 1:48 pm CST

Kids

As a mother of 4 boys I cant imagine what they are going through. What a powerful story these folks are telling. I have never even been to this website till today b/c of these stories . I am going to do what I can to help

December 1, 2008, 1:53 pm CST

I agree!

Quote From: jbergold

This is the first time I have actually felt strongly enough about someone who appeared on the show to create a profile.  The manner in which the attorney for the father in the last segment spoke to his opposing counsel was disgusting and condescending.  He spoke with such disrespect... I could not believe Dr. Phil did not comment on the way he addressed her.  I was shocked!  His attack was unwarranted and I could tell she looked shocked as well.

I was shocked as well!

December 1, 2008, 1:56 pm CST

12/01 "Bring Back My Child"

Quote From: fionnuala

I haven't seen this program and can only rely on what has been written on this site. I've a question for the mother, Cecilia who went on the run with her child after suspecting her ex-husband of harming her daughter. It didn't say whether she went to a doctor or other medical professional to certify that the bruising, etc.  happened following an unsupervised visit. Would this medical certificate be admissable in court and be the proof she needed to gain custody of her child ?

You are assuming that even if she went to the courts with all the necessary documents, the court would do the right thing.

Doesn't happen very often.

If you think the justice system is fair and works the way it's supposed to, then you aren't paying attention.

Who gets custody of a child too often depends upon who has more money and the bigger, badder lawyer. Who do you think in most cases has the better job, and therefore more money to fight? Even if a father is sexually abusing the child, and the mother has documentation, it's still harder than pulling hen's teeth to keep that child out of the clutches of the abuser! Somehow, the courts too often ignore all the evidence and allow unsupervised visits....with tragic results.

Blind justice? Got THAT right!!

I will bet on the mother's instinct every time! 

December 1, 2008, 1:59 pm CST

Cecilia

I haven't seen this program and can only rely on what has been written on this site. I've a question for the mother, Cecilia who went on the run with her child after suspecting her ex-husband of harming her daughter. It didn't say whether she went to a doctor or other medical professional to certify that the bruising, etc.  happened following an unsupervised visit. Would this medical certificate be admissable in court and be the proof she needed to gain custody of her child ?
Mom on the Run!!  I would do the same thing.  I don't understand the courts and protective service.  Dr. Phil says they are so great and for the child.  No not at all.  I know of lots of things happen because they think mom just wants to get back at Dad.  No that is not it either.  These children are definately getting abused sexually and the courts do nothing.

December 1, 2008, 2:00 pm CST

I dont believe Cecelia is a criminal!

Cecelia is a mother and as a mother of 3 children myself if i had any suspicion that my child was being abused in ANY way, I wouldve done the same thing...IN HEARTBEAT!  I do agree that she couldve taken her child to the doctor so that she couldve backed up her claims, but in a desperate situation someone may not even think that far ahead.  Speaking as a mother, we have a natural born instinct... there is no way of fighting it or denying it and a real mother or parent would do ANYTHING to protect there child whatever the cost. 

December 1, 2008, 2:02 pm CST

Cecilia

Mom on the Run..  I would do the same thing.  I know that protective service doesnt care about the children.  Its just a judgement call.  Some people are such con artists that it really doesn't matter what you say.  I know of a child that was getting sexually abused and they said the woman just wanted to get back at dad.  A bad service for the child.

December 1, 2008, 2:12 pm CST

Fear for women married to arabs

Most women married to arab men should fear for their children. I am married to a muslim and for the first ten years of "brainwashing" I was constantly in fear and walking on eggshells that my children could be taken and never seen again. Most arab men have no respect for the courts or for the country in general. In my years in the culture i have heard they think americans are stupid and can do nothing to them if they leave the country and there are so many places they can hide. If we do find them their purpose has already been proven, to hurt and separate mothers from children and to have time to mold the children the way they wanted-- against americans!

December 1, 2008, 2:19 pm CST

12/01 "Bring Back My Child"

Quote From: jbergold

This is the first time I have actually felt strongly enough about someone who appeared on the show to create a profile.  The manner in which the attorney for the father in the last segment spoke to his opposing counsel was disgusting and condescending.  He spoke with such disrespect... I could not believe Dr. Phil did not comment on the way he addressed her.  I was shocked!  His attack was unwarranted and I could tell she looked shocked as well.

I agree with you. That lawyer should be ashamed of himself. and I 'm very suprised as well that Dr. Phil didn't address the lawyer in the same tone. I understand that she should not have handled the situation the way she did, however, you can clearly see who has more money and who could afford the "better" counsel. Unortunately, he is your "typical" run of the mill lawyer..No suprise that he acted like he did..I think she just panicked and didn't think anyone was going to believe her..Just like what happened...Now that little girl is in the custody of her father, all the time, and no one is there to defend her because they cast her mother aside like a criminal...

December 1, 2008, 2:23 pm CST

disrespectful lawyer

I think that lawyer was very disrespectful to the woman lawyer.  Shame on him that he should speak in such a condescending way.  He should have his license revoked.

December 1, 2008, 2:24 pm CST

This happened to me 08/28/2008 !

This is what I am currently going through!! My wife and i went to vacation in Italy where she is from and stayed with my baby. I went home a few days early to prepare the house as we were gone for 6 weeks. She never came home and has filed for divorce and custody. I am in the mortgage business and have no money to fight her. Her family has money. I have been  trying to reconcile but she is not willing to. I spoke to someone at the State Department and got the paperwork to file under the Hague but I have to hire an italian Attorney to represent me there too. I do not want a divorce or a broken family but I am unable to get her to try and work this out. I priced international divorce attorneys but I do not have the funds. I have become suicidal and do not know what to do. I miss my baby girl so bad that it is just killing me slowly. I am a shell of my former self and am clinically depressed. I have never been through anything like this and I can't continue to live like this. What can I do?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last